Christmas Crowds

friendoffigment

DIS Veteran
a recommended time to go are the 2 weeks right after Thanksgiving. However, with the opening of Star Wars in late fall will this time in 2019 be the exception. Will larger then normal crowds be upon us at this time

I always arrive the Saturday after thanksgiving and stay for 13 nights. Every year. I’m really worried about this coming year. I’m thinking we’ll be skipping DHS all together. Maybe it’ll open after our dates, fingers crossed!

I think if you want to go those 2 weeks you should be fine as long as you avoid GE. I imagine the rest of DHS will be fairly quiet.

I think if you want to go those 2 weeks you should be fine as long as you avoid GE. I imagine the rest of DHS will be fairly quiet.
I think you may be underestimating the impact that GE will have on not just DHS, but all of WDW once it opens.

I think you may be underestimating the impact that GE will have on not just DHS, but all of WDW once it opens.

I agree. I think that folks who believe that the crowds will not spill out into the three additional parks are setting themselves up to be blindsided.

It really depends when it actually opens. But most people still don’t have the liberty to travel/pull kids out of school the weeks between thanksgiving and Christmas, especially if they need days off for the holidays. The locals and semi locals with APs will go nuts and the weekends will be nuts of course.

Maybe so, but at that time of year as the previous poster stated, kids are in school and doing midterms. Besides - what can you really do about crowds? They are either there or they aren't. If thats the only time you can go, you just make the best of it. I do not see the point in worrying about something you have no control of I guess. :)

It really depends when it actually opens. But most people still don’t have the liberty to travel/pull kids out of school the weeks between thanksgiving and Christmas, especially if they need days off for the holidays. The locals and semi locals with APs will go nuts and the weekends will be nuts of course.

I htink that families with kids will do as they always do. I believe that adults are going to add to the influx of people. This is a busy season already in terms of events and I have notices higher crowds in recent years. Between MK and the parties, Epcot and the festival of Holidays, DHS already a crowd pleaser in the evening with their pretty snazzy decorations, and DAK closing fairly early, folks will be all over. Will it be as busy as CHristmas week> I reather doubt that, however I do feel that it is best to be braced for higher than normal crowd levels and make sure that you have a decent plan in place.

I think you're looking for a "crowd calendar" type prediction. There's no such thing that will have any accuracy. All anyone can tell you is that Thanksgiving to NYE is generally quite busy, to varying levels. The effect SWGE will have is completely unknown. My instinct says it'll be mild to moderate, but that's just a wild guess.

I think you're looking for a "crowd calendar" type prediction. There's no such thing that will have any accuracy. All anyone can tell you is that Thanksgiving to NYE is generally quite busy, to varying levels. The effect SWGE will have is completely unknown. My instinct says it'll be mild to moderate, but that's just a wild guess.

I remember when those dates were very low in terms of crowds, but I also remember October being "walk on" for attractions as well. I think Disney has gotten very savvy at creating events to draw increase attendance, and when the resorts need to be filled, a few discounts tossed in have fixed that. The days if predicting lower crowd levels are long gone, i absolutely agree.

I’d just assume Christmas like crowds. If you’re okay with that, go for it!
And for what it’s worth, Christmas like crowds are not nearly as bad as people make them out to be. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter