Christmas decoration schedule?

MarBee

DIS Veteran
Hello!
I know the parks are decorated immediately after Halloween but was told that the resorts are decorated on a rotation schedule, where a different resort gets decorated first each year.
Does anyone happen to know this schedule (or can even confirm it’s true)?
I want to go for Christmas and hoping to go the week of November 10th. I want to stay somewhere that will be decked out by then.
Thanks in advance!

I have no first hand knowledge, but a CM used to regularly post on the Y & B Club thread. She said it was a lottery every year, so the schedule for each resort would be different every year. I don’t recall when the resort found out when their turn would be, but I don’t think it was very far ahead. And the schedule does not get announced for the public. I would think the GF is one of the first because of the gingerbread house. But other than that, I think it is going to be pretty random. Considering how full the resorts have been, I think it would be hard to wait or change to a decorated resort at the last minute too.

Thread with same discussion here
https://www.disboards.com/threads/christmas-decorations.3670412/

Yes, it's true and no, no one will know the schedule. Only that the final resort is done by the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Each resort is done one night at a time

The Gingerbread decorations are done independently of the resort Christmas decorations. They are done by the pastry teams and started earlier because they take much longer than 1 night to complete. The trees, garland, lights, etc are what's done in a single night and in a random order based on the lottery.

Thread with same discussion here
https://www.disboards.com/threads/christmas-decorations.3670412/

Yes, it's true and no, no one will know the schedule. Only that the final resort is done by the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Each resort is done one night at a time

Actually it could be later. Their deadline is the Saturday of Thanksgiving Weekend. I've been at Wilderness Lodge when it was the last on the list and the tree wasn't up until Friday, the day after Thanksgiving.

Actually it could be later. Their deadline is the Saturday of Thanksgiving Weekend. I've been at Wilderness Lodge when it was the last on the list and the tree wasn't up until Friday, the day after Thanksgiving.
This was my experience a couple years ago at the GF as well. The Gingerbread House was up, but the tree and the other decorations didn't go up until the Friday after Thanksgiving.

Oh, ok. I thought it was the weekend before Thanksgiving. That's what I've always been told and the times we've been there at Thanksgiving they've all been done by Thanksgiving. Been lucky I guess

They can put the decorations up and take them down overnight. We were in the WL once in Jan and arrived when the decorations were still up. The morning after the marathon, they were down. This was back when they did the half and full on the same day. So the event week was much shorter than it is now, just Fri through Sun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter