Christmas decorations

jeanico2000

DIS Veteran
We will be visiting the parks Nov 13 to 16. Will Christmas decorations be up? I am hoping to see the Potter sections looking festive!

The Christmas events ran from November 17th last year, so I guess they’ll at least be up when you go this year.....

Would someone compare it to how disney does christmas. Thanks.

I would say in terms of Universal vs Disney, in terms of decorations they both have them. I do not have a preference. However, the places in where truly step it up a little more is, Disney at the resorts (for example, the Grand Floridian gingerbread house they have every year) and for Universal, the WWoHP areas.

In terms of events, parades, and celebrations dedicated to Christmas, I give it to Universal as the winner. The reason why I do so is, because Disney has MVMCP (at MK), but that's something you have to purchase separately. The only thing for the general public at Disney is decorations and a few select items for bake goods, but most of those still also are dedicated exclusively for MVMCP. Where as Universal, you have Grinchmas, you have the Macy's parade, little shows that are dedicated to Christmas (as seen in the link @bchbetha shared), and all the things they have at WWoHP.

Thank you. We have never benn but....Planning for 2020.....probably aug and christmas.....i figure that makes an ap worth it and ap rates on rooms....

Would someone compare it to how disney does christmas. Thanks.
Really hard to compare. There is nothing quite as spectacular than MVMCP at Universal. It is fantastic and worth a trip to Orlando if that is the only thing you plan on doing. And overall, there is nothing quite like standing on Main Street looking at the castle with the icicle lights and old standard Christmas songs playing. But that's not to say that Universal is not good. And it gets better every year. I love the Macys Parade and the Harry Potter castle show. And Disney has nothing that says Christmas like the Grinch. I'd love for the City Walk to up the ante and do something akin to the old Osborne Family Christmas lights that Hollywood Studios used to do.

So, to simplify things, IMO, Disney wins but only because of MVMCP. Other than that, Universal rules the holiday season for me.

Excellent description. We have decided....aug and christmas 2020. Makes an annual pass worth it. Do ap rates come out for those time frames?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts