Christmas Decorations

izzy25

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip for next year and would like to be able to see the Christmas decorations at Magic Kingdom (especially the lights on the castle). Right now, our dates are looking to be Oct 29th-November 5th. How quickly does the Christmas decorations go up at Magic Kingdom after Halloween?

If you can I would go Thanksgiving Week or beginning of Dec instead if you are interested in seeing the decorations at all of the parks and resorts and hopefully they will bring the holiday parties and storytellers and Candlelight Processional back.

During that time, you will get the best of both holidays. They literally change decorations overnight. Halloween/Xmas

I would extend the trip one more day to be sure. This year the holidays start Nov 6 which is a Friday, Next year Nov 5th is the Friday. Leaving the 6th will get you one full day to see them

From what I've heard they won't have the lights on the castle this year, just a projection.

In the past, Christmas decorations start to go up a day or two after the last Halloween party (Oct 31 or Nov , depending on how the dates fall). Halloween decorations at MK will mostly disappear overnight (but maybe not all), and Christmas decor will start to show up. Decorations at MK will be mostly complete by the following weekend (8th-ish). Christmas decorations elsewhere don't usually start to show up in any great quantity until the week before Thanksgiving, although some may randomly start to be seen the second week of November. MK is always first.

Steve

In the past, Christmas decorations start to go up a day or two after the last Halloween party (Oct 31 or Nov , depending on how the dates fall). Halloween decorations at MK will mostly disappear overnight (but maybe not all), and Christmas decor will start to show up. Decorations at MK will be mostly complete by the following weekend (8th-ish). Christmas decorations elsewhere don't usually start to show up in any great quantity until the week before Thanksgiving, although some may randomly start to be seen the second week of November. MK is always first.

Steve
This year's Halloween decor should all be gone overnight since its just the Mickey pumpkins. Hoping they go all or four Christmas though. Er know the tree is coming, historically the tree is the last thing added

This year's Halloween decor should all be gone overnight since its just the Mickey pumpkins. Hoping they go all or four Christmas though. Er know the tree is coming, historically the tree is the last thing added

Agreed. Should be quicker to change out the Halloween decor since there is less of it this year. We arrive Dec 5, and I too am hoping for the full Christmas treatment.

Steve

I will be there from 11/15-11/21. I am looking forward to the Christmas Decoration. The last time I was at WDW with Christmas decor was 2006!!
So, it’s been sometime. My family usually goes to WDW late August.
👍🏻😎🎃.....🎅🏻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter