• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Decorations

atakaratemom

<font color=blue>Butt-kickin' black belt Mama
Can anyone tell me when the Christmas Decorations go up in the park? Are they up prior to Thanksgiving? Thanks!

Mary :flower:

Was it last year or the year before that I asked this same question.

Decorations are definitely up before Thanksgiving. Most should be up by around Veterans's Day (11/11). According to the DL web site calendar, Small World Holiday is supposed to be ready on 11/11 also. It looks like the Christmas parade starts running on 11/18 this year.

Cal Gal where did you find that info on the web site? I have been looking for when the decorations come down and can't seem to locate the info.

From the Disneyland web site (www.disneyland.com should work), I pull up the calendar from the link at the top of the page, and then just typed in some dates for November. Under DL refurbishment schedule, it shows that Small World Holiday overlay is scheduled through 11/10, but not after 11/11. It also shows under DL parades schedule, the Christmas parade is scheduled to run on 11/18. (BTW, the Christmas parade is scheduled to run at DL, not DCA as I had heard rumored this summer; that may support the rumor that ELP will be back at DCA 12/16. The Disneyland calendar doesn't show the parade schedules for December yet. )

As for the decorations themselves, I've read on this board several times over the past year or so (since I originally asked the question on the board), that the decorations are generally up by Veteran's Day. That makes a lot of sense, since you would think they would be up by the time Small World Holiday is open.

Does anyone know, is it a magical one-night transformation from no decorations to a fully decorated park? Because we're getting there on November 5, leaving November 9, and aren't going for the Christmas festivities (obviously, as we will JUST miss IASW)...but, wouldn't it be fun if there were at least some holiday decs up during our time there?

I'm guessing 'cause it's Disneyland they'll get it all done in one night! :wizard: But one can hope....

The decorations are up before Small World opens. I could swear that they are up November 1st. When I was working there one year, so help me, they were up the week of Halloween in 1999. So they will most likely be up by the time you go. :banana: :cheer2:

I called the DL reservation line a couple of months ago and they said that the decorations were "officially" suppose to be up on November 15.

They also said that the Christmas parade would begin the week of Thanksgiving (which it isn't), so I don't know how helpful that is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter