Christmas Dinner?

MamaBear58

DIS Veteran
Assuming cost isn't an issue, where would you go? Outside the parks because we are arriving that day and won't have tickets. Thanks.

Restaurants I've either considered or ate at for WDW Christmas dinner in no particular order:

HS' Brown Derby
Cali Grill @ the Contemporary
GF's Victoria and Albert
Epcot's M. Paul
DS' Boathouse

To my way of thinking each gives aspects of a traditional "I'm really at home and not in shorts" feeling.......Boathouse's atmosphere took me further out of my Northeastern comfort zone but was truly enjoyable at least on December 30th.

Last edited:

I have considered V&A but wonder whether kids are welcome. They will be 11 and 8 and are used to eating out.

@NYCgrrl

Omygoodness, I never thought about V&A!
I bet that was an amazing meal!
I bet it will be whenever and if it happens, LOL. I booked our 2017 Christmas trip the end of July and already V&A's "dance card" was filled for Christmas Eve, the Day and NYEve.

Wound up eating at FF for Christmas Eve (we traditionally eat fish that day) which was a fantastic idea, food, and setting.

Dined at Brown Derby for Christmas, great food but the service was less than stellar that day in contrast with an earlier visit. I know how to resolve the problem for the future but well it put a bit of a damper on my spirit that needed a Dole Whip float to perk it back up. You know if you can't eat 2 desserts on Christmas just when can you?;).

Tried to eat at M. Paul's on New Year's Eve but it was just doomed, doomed I say, from the start. In retrospect, the man's family wouldn't have enjoyed it. We ordered room service at GF and watched the fireworks from the Grand Suite (great views on at least 3 sides!) that they had been upgraded to. Felt kinda plebeian returning to our room at Poly, that night:rotfl2:.

I have considered V&A but wonder whether kids are welcome. They will be 11 and 8 and are used to eating out.

The older one can go, but not the younger one. Guest must be at least 10 years old.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/grand-floridian-resort-and-spa/victoria-and-alberts/

Additional Information
Pricing, Parking, Age Limit, Celebrations and other information follows.

Age Limit
Guests ages 10 and above are invited to dine at this establishment.

I've seen pictures of children at V&A which made me feel more confident trying to book it. Considering the age of your young ones I can't see why not:). T

I think the policy at V&A’s allows only children aged ten and up. But agree it would be a very special meal. The Grand Floridian lobby is extra special at Christmas with the life-sized gingerbread house. I’ve had great meals at Citrico’s. Since it’s arrival day you might be tired but a monorail tour to see the various decorations could be fun.

Animal Kingdom and Wilderness Lodges feel the most traditionally Christmas to me so I’d suggest Jiko or Artist Point. At Animal Kingdom could make it more of an event with viewing animals, stories around the fire etc. Or Yachtsman is delicious and the lobby beautiful. Could walk around the lake after dinner and check out the other resorts. In Disney Springs, I’d echo the recommendation for Boathouse.

I've seen pictures of children at V&A which made me feel more confident trying to book it. Considering the age of your young ones I can't see why not:). T

You must have seen older children. Children under 10 are not allowed.

^^^
Answering your original post: "Sorry, Dad!";)...I think we were cross posting:cool:.
Yes, my main juvenile traveling companion was 12 y/o for that trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter