Christmas discounts?

castleri

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever gotten discounts for rooms Christmas week? I considered getting an annual pass if that would help but someone told me that doesn't help for holiday periods. Maybe will have to stay off site for 3 days before checking into OKW on the 28th. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm pretty sure that last Christmas they had discount rooms available...

What you were told is pretty accurate. Last year we stayed at the WL for $134, courtyard view with an AP rate, but we checked in on the 19th for a stay through the 1st of Jan. The 19th was the last day for value rates and it was also the last day the AP rate was available. As long as we started on that date, we got the discount rate for the entire stay.

Interestingly enough, our original plans were for the 12/23-01/01. After looking at the discounts available, we found we could add on the 4 extra nights and actually pay less than it would have cost to stay starting on the 23rd! It was like getting 4 nights free! :)

Once you get into the holiday season, the rates just go out of site and there just aren't any discounts available. At least there weren't last year.

2001 was the first time in recent history that there were ever any discounts during Christmas. I seem to recall some people getting discounts this year, though they weren't as deep.

In other words, don't expect any discounts to be available, unless you can check-in before the season really starts as peachgirl describes. That's not to say there absolutely won't be any discounts, just that it will be a last minute decision on Disney's part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter