Christmas - Disney World vs Disneyland?

BrianJ844

Earning My Ears
My wife and I, two traditional, childless millennials, are thinking of taking a trip the second week in December to either Disney World or Disneyland to enjoy what Christmas has to offer in the park. We were last in World in April '18 and Land August '15. In yall's opinion which park does Christmas the best? We were thinking about 4.5 days in the parks if we do World and would probably narrow that down a bit for Land (or maybe not).

Also, would it be wise to lean toward World since it has the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and doesn't Rise of the Resistance open early December, (I think I read Dec 5th?)? How crazy would it be if we were in World the week after that opened? I have done a little reading on the MVMCP and it seems pretty neat, I assume Land doesn't have anything like that?

Just thinking out load here so sorry for the rambling, which one (Land or World) does Christmas better in your opinion? And should the face that Rise of the Resistance is opening a plus or a minus for World during this time.

Thanks,
Brian

I'd have to say World, but just based on volume. Obviously, MK is gorgeous in its holiday splendor, but EPCOT celebrates with Holiday Storytellers and foods. AK's Christmas Tree is beautiful and HS typically decorates not just down Hollywood and Vine, but around Echo Lake as well. Disneyland, however, does an amazing layover of Small World for the holidays, in addition to everything else, that is just beautiful. What a great problem to have! Have a great trip, no matter where you go!:santa:

We will be visiting World this year for the first time, have been to Land many, many times for Christmas. Both as parents and single adults. Although i have yet to attend a MVMCP, I would say go with World to attend the party. Get reservations for a fireworks viewing or Ton'y Most magical as well. Plus all of the other stuff mentioned by DWillowBay :)

Disneyland doesn't really have much to offer in terms of special events around Christmas. Decorations and overlays are really nice, that's about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter