Christmas Eve with a 10pm MK close?

hart6066

DIS Veteran
We usually come just after Christmas and stay thru NYE, but this year moving it up so we're there for Christmas and leaving before NYE. I looked at the calendar for last year just for preliminary planing, and it looks like there are no fireworks at MK until 12/30? Could that be right? And it shows a 10pm close for MK with no pm magic hours--also surprises me! It is the disney web media site so I think it was the final calendar.

We've never stayed for a MK close bc it's always been too late, but we could stay for a 10pm close on Christmas Eve. The parade is at 9pm. Will there be anything "special" at the end if no fireworks? Just trying to get a handle on if we skip the parade to do rides, does it just sort of close down at 10? Since it's Christmas Eve just trying to get a sense of what to expect.

Thanks!

Just realized my mistake!!! I forgot the fireworks are now called "Happily Ever After"--I was thinking of that as a parade.

Is there anything else around 10pm for park closing though?

That is not the final calendar.

Expect hours to be semi-finalized 30 to 60 days before your trip, but hours will probably still be extended after that, too

MK will almost certainly have 8:00 am regular openings with 7:00 am EMH every day of your trip. MK will likely be open until at least midnight.

WDW keeps reporting more visitors and skimps on the park hours they initially release as if they have no history to base park hours on. It's ridiculous.

But as mentioned be assured that MK won't be closing at 10PM on Christmas Eve.

These were the park hours during our trip last year Dec. 23 - 29.
View attachment 322059

This is the week we will be there this year, and the expected changes in park hours is making it difficult to plan. I'm going to assume MK will be 7 am - 12 am every day again. I'm curious whether the changes tend to be expanding park hours for everyone or adding EMH? For example, the AK opened at 7 am only one morning that week; I'm guessing that was probably EMH and probably scheduled in advance rather than the last minute. Adding EMH at the last minute would be more of a problem for us since I'm trying to avoid them . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter