Christmas for Young adult guys

A drone? We got my son (22) one for his birthday and he uses it every single day. We got the Dj Mavic Mini.

These are my go to gifts for hard to shop for guys: A hard sided wallet, like Flipside. It's less bulky than a traditional wallet and has a gadget vibe to it. A 3 month membership to a car wash, especially if you live somewhere with snow. A Yeti travel mug. An oversized version of a favorite snack, 1 lb reese cup, etc or a large quantity of their favorite food for comedic effect. I've wrapped sixteen 12 packs of a favorite soda before. Something nostalgic from childhood-a funko pop version of a favorite character, a quilt made of old school/sport/vacation t-shirts. nerf guns.

I have a Dango wallet myself and love it.
www.dangoproducts.com
I would never buy a Yeti for myself but wouldn't mind getting one as a gift.

One of my sons is 18 and living on campus at college. He is studying Engineering and loves all things Pink Floyd and Roller Coasters.

The other is 21 and living at home while going to college. He is Studying Chemistry and loves Working out, League of Legends and mostly EDM music.

amazon's is your friend! i have men in my household with specific interests and while i still actively solicit letters to santa for ideas i've found obscure gifts/stocking stuffers related to their interests that they never knew existed by just entering the name of that interest into amazon's search under "all".

just checked for 'roller coasters'-there's a roller coaster s.t.e.m. building product for 39.99 (my 23 year old surprised me by expressing interest over some of the s.t.e.m. stuff in the amazon toy catalog this year-yeah, it's for younger kids but suits his interests), there's a book called 'coasters 101, an engineer's guide to roller coaster design' (14.99) there are allot of cool books, some tshirts and other items to choose from. for pink floyd there is a wealth of tshirts, some cool dvd's with archival concert and behind the scenes footage, inexpensive artwork...league of legends-cool tshirts, clocks, figurines, gift cards. the gamers in my household always like getting giftcards for their systems or gamestop (i got one a one years 'steam' membership that they've renewed on their own for years).

for stocking stuffers i normaly got my former college student gift cards to places he ate but with so many closing w/o notice i'm defaulting to either cash or a visa gift card for those purposes. i know what snacks they like so i take advantage of both halloween and costco/bj's to get big packages of small sized packaged items they like. i got one a couple of bags of 30 count chocolate covered pretzel packets for about $6, one a bag of snack sized 'take 5' candy bars. i can get the chips they like and spend $1.50 a bag (for the small bags) 30 bags for $15 (same with individual cookies and other snacks).

I have two nephews, one 20 and one 23. They are both getting personalized S'well Traveler mugs this year, with a check inside. You can order the personalized S'wells on their website. If you give them your email address you can get a 15% off coupon but be careful - it's only good for 20-30 minutes after you sign up. So don't sign up until you are ready to pull the trigger.

They are including a free commuter lid with the Travelers right now, which makes them more useful I think. Both nephews have full time jobs now - one is filling time before starting grad school, the other put school on hold until they resume in-person classes and is working until he goes back. I figured as part of the everyday working world, they could both use a good commute mug for coffee or a cold drink.

And the check is because that's what they really want LOL

Last edited:
any stranger things or retro video game fans would likely enjoy the handheld stranger things arcade game. i just snagged one for dh on target-$29.99.

My 20 yr old loves working on his car. He changes his own oil, checks his brakes and now on my car too. I decided to get him a creeper. This way he can roll around instead of sliding (or trying to slide) on the driveway. I was going to get him some nice car washing/drying towels but he recently bought himself some. I'm at a loss what else to get him and also for our 23 yr old
This year might just be a year to give cash. Usually I have so many things on my list I have to cut back. This year my mind is just blank. I'm usually done shopping by now and I haven't even started. :guilty: :sad2:

My 20 yr old loves working on his car. He changes his own oil, checks his brakes and now on my car too. I decided to get him a creeper. This way he can roll around instead of sliding (or trying to slide) on the driveway. I was going to get him some nice car washing/drying towels but he recently bought himself some. I'm at a loss what else to get him and also for our 23 yr old
This year might just be a year to give cash. Usually I have so many things on my list I have to cut back. This year my mind is just blank. I'm usually done shopping by now and I haven't even started. :guilty: :sad2:
A friends son is a mechanic and used to say the biggest issue was how cold he got so when she got him a heavy Carhartt hoodie and pair of their fingerless gloves he was in heaven, I think there are ones where they fingertip part can slide on and off.

A creeper is a great idea.
My dh does a lot of the work on our cars in the driveway and is always complaining about having to work while laying on the driveway so I imagine your ds does the same :laughing:
To add to LuvOrlando's suggestion- I got dh a heated hoodie one year. It's great for cold weather outside work if you remember to charge the battery, which dh often forgets to do.

A creeper is a great idea.
My dh does a lot of the work on our cars in the driveway and is always complaining about having to work while laying on the driveway so I imagine your ds does the same :laughing:
To add to LuvOrlando's suggestion- I got dh a heated hoodie one year. It's great for cold weather outside work if you remember to charge the battery, which dh often forgets to do.
A friends son is a mechanic and used to say the biggest issue was how cold he got so when she got him a heavy Carhartt hoodie and pair of their fingerless gloves he was in heaven, I think there are ones where they fingertip part can slide on and off.

These are great ideas! He just accepted a position as a welder and is due to start next week. I don't know how much of his work will be outdoors but dh is also a welder and is outdoors every day, almost all day long. He loves Carhartt products so this is a perfect idea. I might have to give them to him early. ;)
Thank you so much for these ideas!!

These are my go to gifts for hard to shop for guys: A hard sided wallet, like Flipside. It's less bulky than a traditional wallet and has a gadget vibe to it. A 3 month membership to a car wash, especially if you live somewhere with snow. A Yeti travel mug. An oversized version of a favorite snack, 1 lb reese cup, etc or a large quantity of their favorite food for comedic effect. I've wrapped sixteen 12 packs of a favorite soda before. Something nostalgic from childhood-a funko pop version of a favorite character, a quilt made of old school/sport/vacation t-shirts. nerf guns.
I have a Dango wallet myself and love it.
www.dangoproducts.com
I would never buy a Yeti for myself but wouldn't mind getting one as a gift.

Thanks for the wallet idea - I'm also looking for things for my DS18. He's in his freshman year of college and living in the dorms right now. I'm going to look into the wallet idea. I've never seen those, but they look like something he would really like.

I also always include food items because he loves them and can really pack away the food. Right now their dining halls are carry out only, so I know he's snacking a lot in his room.

My DS22 has asked for some NBA trading cards, which seem to be impossible to find now.
We got him a small fire box...not really a gift, but when its near Christmas I save things and wrap them up lol.
i think he will be buying himself a PS5, so maybe a video game or extra controller. Just not sure what to get him...

Regarding suggestions, my DS uses his Phone Soap sanitizer all the time. It can be used for keys, wallets, debit cards, etc too.
He also uses the 10 ft phone charging cable we got him all the time.

My boys are only 12 and 14 and I still struggle on gifts - I don’t like to give money or more than a couple gift cards in stockings. I don’t know what all I’m doing yet but some ideas...

One son had requested an Apple Watch
The other wants a gaming computer screen
Under Amour clothes/socks
Camping gear (backpacking pillows so far). May get nice hiking boots for the oldest
Hot hands
Yeti
Slippers
Candy
Pop (I usually wrap 12 or 24 packs. We don’t have pop typically)
Takis (these are expensive and one son loves them) Pockys Beef Jerky
Swim gear like M Phelps goggles and fast dry towels
A book or two basis their interests
Ohio State decor for one sons room, nice sheets, fuzzy blanket
Avengers decor for the other
LED strip lights for bedrooms with programmable color sequences (Amazon)
Concert tickets (prob not this year *sad*)
Funny tshirts
Pop socket / new phone case
Cologne
Other bath or hair products
60-70-80a records for my older son - records sound great and we just set up my dads old turntable at our home

good luck! I’m following along for other fresh ideas

I see lots of threads for younger kids and girls, but I have 2 sons. It is hard to shop for boys! I welcome any ideas. We do Christmas big at our house. Neither are into hunting or professional sports.

One of my sons is 18 and living on campus at college. He is studying Engineering and loves all things Pink Floyd and Roller Coasters.

The other is 21 and living at home while going to college. He is Studying Chemistry and loves Working out, League of Legends and mostly EDM music.

Both of them love listening to Music, computers, and Disney trips. We usually stick an iTunes card in their stockings.

I have started on their Christmas but would love ideas from other people for gifts and stocking stuffers. They do not ask for much. My husband and I splurged on Airpod Pro's for all 4 of us (We found them on sale at Costco). My youngest has had Beats for 2 years and is super careful with them and my oldest listens to music and podcasts 24 hours a day, so we know this will be a good gift for both of them. And we have gotten some clothes for each of them: Thick socks, sherpa lined sweat pants, nice shirts.

What is everyone else getting for the young men in their lives?
Original Poster here. My 21 year old heard my husband talk to his dad about air pods, he spoke up and strongly told him that he DOES NOT want some. UGH. I guess we see what happens when he opens them. Does anyone want another son? You can have mine! LOL

Original Poster here. My 21 year old heard my husband talk to his dad about air pods, he spoke up and strongly told him that he DOES NOT want some. UGH. I guess we see what happens when he opens them. Does anyone want another son? You can have mine! LOL
Last year my then 17 yo DS said he wanted wireless ear buds, but NOT air pods. So he picked out some other ones and that's what we got him for Christmas. A few months later, I noticed that he had air pods in so I asked him about it. Basically, he ended up using some of his money to buy air pods because he found out he actually liked them. Maybe your DS will be the same lol!

Last year my then 17 yo DS said he wanted wireless ear buds, but NOT air pods. So he picked out some other ones and that's what we got him for Christmas. A few months later, I noticed that he had air pods in so I asked him about it. Basically, he ended up using some of his money to buy air pods because he found out he actually liked them. Maybe your DS will be the same lol!
That is what we are hoping. Everyone we know that has airpods loves them, so we think he will also.

21 and 24 year old sons. I am giving them air pod pros, a newly released Apple speaker, gift cards, and money :)

I did get a list from my 16 year old son, which included:
XBox one 12 month subscription
A NorthFace shirt
A Champion Ohio State sweatshirt
3 video games for his XBox One
Turtle Beach headphones for his XBox One
A subscription to Hulu/Disney+/ESPN+ (I'm on the fence about this one as we already have a Netflix subscription I pay for monthly and we have satellite)

I also buy for him, some of which is for his stocking:
Axe body wash set and other body wash
Hair styling gel
Dick's Sporting Goods gift card
Gas gift cards (he'll be driving soon)
His favorite candy, which is anything sour or gummy
Razor and shaving gel
A new pair of pajamas (my kids open this present on Christmas Eve)

My DS is the worst to buy presents for. He has never asked for anything. Ever. I swear every year for toys for tots I have donated last years unopened gifts. He is 18 now and still no clue what to give. He is cheaper than me. Lol. One year he was duct taping head phones and I was like would you like new ones for Christmas? Nope these still work so they are good. 😂. We did buy him an Xbox one year even though he didn’t ask. He did play with it so it was good for games as presents for a few years. That was Xbox 360 so you know how long ago it was. He has never asked for an updated system. Now he plays mostly on his computer. We gave him a 2nd screen last year. He did seem to appreciate that. Now that he was in college I’m even more clueless to what he would want. I see some of the suggestions and I’m like they would be good for most kids. But not mine. I bought him a raspberry pi a few years ago after reading the suggestion here. Another thing never opened. He is truly impossible. Not ungrateful, just doesn’t feel the need for things.

My DS is the worst to buy presents for. He has never asked for anything. Ever. I swear every year for toys for tots I have donated last years unopened gifts. He is 18 now and still no clue what to give. He is cheaper than me. Lol. One year he was duct taping head phones and I was like would you like new ones for Christmas? Nope these still work so they are good. 😂. We did buy him an Xbox one year even though he didn’t ask. He did play with it so it was good for games as presents for a few years. That was Xbox 360 so you know how long ago it was. He has never asked for an updated system. Now he plays mostly on his computer. We gave him a 2nd screen last year. He did seem to appreciate that. Now that he was in college I’m even more clueless to what he would want. I see some of the suggestions and I’m like they would be good for most kids. But not mine. I bought him a raspberry pi a few years ago after reading the suggestion here. Another thing never opened. He is truly impossible. Not ungrateful, just doesn’t feel the need for things.

You described my 20 year old ds to a T
I ended up ordering him a new iphone because he has been saying how his current one is freezing on him. When I asked him if he'd like a new one he said "no, it's annoying but it still works, I'll probably get another year out of it before it dies" :faint:
It will be a surprise and I know he will appreciate it, but he would never have asked for it.
I do appreciate his practical and frugal ways, which I think will benefit him throughout his life, but when your mom is willing to get you a nice new phone- darn it say yes! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter