Christmas Home Decor 2018

I don't get to decorate this year (moving 12/15) so I'm loving these pictures. Except for the WH. Hideous! It's the stuff of nightmares! :eek

Ds-tTLXXcAA1soa.jpg

The White House.
Almost looks like a bad photoshop.

The White House Christmas decorations have been trashed online. I've seen very few positive comments about those red trees. Last year's bare trees whith spooky lighting looked like they belonged outside alongside a haunted hayride.

We moved into our new home the week before Christmas. While I have all of my Christmas decor set aside, my home is still a sea of boxes and the tree hasn't gone up yet. Normally we put it up the day after Thanksgiving. My kids have their priorities in check though. They've already started building their Lego Christmas village which we plan to display on the dining table this year.

One thing I'm excited about though is our trip to Montana. We'll be there for 5 days before Christmas. I just found out from the ranch we're staying at that they've arranged for us to go into the forest to cut down a Christmas tree to display in our cabin. :cloud9: We never have to chance to do that at home. I plan to take paper for making decorations for the tree.

....we have two trees up....I'm going straight home, take a couple of pix, and definitely post them...

I just found out from the ranch we're staying at that they've arranged for us to go into the forest to cut down a Christmas tree to display in our cabin. :cloud9: We never have to chance to do that at home. I plan to take paper for making decorations for the tree.

If you've never cut down your own tree, you're in for a treat!!! DW and I have done it every year for 20 years. In fact, we've been a bit disappointed that we can't really find a good tree farm here in Atlanta, it's not good weather for fir trees here. Back in PA, there was a huge farm that we went to for 15+ years. We cut down trees in 70 degree weather, in 15 degree weather with snow on the ground, in rain, you name it. Even if conditions were miserable, there's just something awesome about cutting your own tree. Just be sure your car looks like this... :D

national-lampoon-christmas-2.jpg

....is this to music? You should do a video and post it! ::yes::

EDITED answer to add a few things:

Yes, it's to music that is played over FM radio. That picture is from a few years ago, I have to get pictures of this years' display, it's a little different. This year we actually have a Mickey head that dances and two Minnie heads that don't dance. The dancing Mickey head was better in concept than it is in execution, in my opinion...but live and learn. I simply don't have as much time to invest in the display as I did in years past, so I'm trying to find things that have a lot of visual impact but don't take as much time. I used to invest many, many, many hours.

My current songs are:
All I Want For Christmas - Mariah Carey
Twelve Pains of Christmas - Bob Rivers
Little St Nick - Beach Boys
Step Into Christmas - Elton John
Mad Russian - TSO
and one more that I'm forgetting off the top of my head

Yes, it's to music that is played over FM radio. That picture is from a few years ago, I have to get pictures of this years' display, it's a little different. This year we actually have several Mickey heads, one dances (honestly, it was better in mental concept than in execution). My current songs are:
All I Want For Christmas - Mariah Carey
Twelve Pains of Christmas - Bob Rivers
Little St Nick - Beach Boys
Step Into Christmas - Elton John
Mad Russian - TSO
and one more that I'm forgetting off the top of my head
....OMG, I'd love to see it! :hyper:

Thank you! That's from last year, and yes it was fresh greenery...that proceeded to turn brown and crumble everywhere two weeks later, LOL!! I replaced it with fake greenery I'd had from past years, but WOW it was a pain and a mess to remove and re-do. This year I bought the fresh greenery at the nursery where we get our trees and it was pre-soaked in an anti-transpirant, and then I sprayed more on it when we got it home. I only have it up on the mantle so far this year, haven't done anything with the hearth yet still...I'm waiting to see if it suffers the same fate as last year, or if it stays nice.

Here's what it looks like so far this year:

I put it up on Saturday, fingers crossed it stays pretty! I'm ready to finish the rest of the fireplace

Looks just as pretty as it did last year!
A couple years ago I got so sick of cleaning up needles from the tree that I broke down and bought an artificial one. I do miss the real one though and I would love to have fresh evergreens all over the house for Christmas but the mess would drive me crazy. They just look so much nicer than the artificial ones.
Fingers crossed that your's last through the season.

I apologize for the poor quality. My cell phone is the el-cheapo special, so the camera is pretty bad. Here are a few quick photos of the inside of our house. I took a few more, but they came out poorly. We still have to put up our village and go get our two real trees, which will add a ton to the atmosphere...they're really the big centerpieces. Hope to have them up by Sunday.

I'll try to get photos of the outside, and maybe a video if I can. DD11 and I were outside last night fixing a few things, adding more lights, etc...so I didn't get time to take pictures.

Xmas 2018.jpg Xmas 2018a.jpg Xmas 2018b.jpg Xmas 2018c.jpg

Only decorated mantle and tree so far. Youngest daughter collects nutcrackers and we've reached the point where it seems as if a nutcracker army has invaded when they all come out.

Oh, and the advent calendar is hanging in the front hall, waiting for go time.

Ds-tTLXXcAA1soa.jpg

The White House.

This pic makes it look like dear Aunt Flo. If they had snow flocked and white lights, even ribbon on the red berry trees it would of looked so much better.

With no decor, even just lessening the amount of these type trees to no more than 3 would of been good. It’s proof that less is indeed more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter