Christmas in Disney

JFitz

Earning My Ears
This will be our first family trip to Disney at Christmas time. Going 12/20 thru 12/29. We have 4 adults in their 40's and 2 adults in their 70's. Any suggestions in planning the days are greatly appreciated. Excited but a little nervous!

Bring warm clothes.

Plan to do parks early morning and late night (unless you don't mind standing in lines!)

Fast Pass

Pack an extra measure of patience.

If anyone needs a wheelchair or ECV, rent it from and offsite company to ensure they always have it.

Be prepared for crowds!

Suggest you stay away from Magic Kingdom on Christmas Day! It's packed wall to wall and people sort of lose the Christmas spirit in the bedlam, I think. The days before won't be too bad. Do MK as early as you can in your stay. Perhaps a park a day early on before the big crowds hit, then smaller doses of the crowds. Consider getting PS for Candlelight Processional/Dinner and any planned meals as early as you can as they book up fast during the "busy days." Enjoy the athmosphere, it's wonderful!

We're taking our third holiday trip. We love it at WDW at that time of year. We arrive on 12/22 and leave on 1/4.

The weather is very unpredictable. I like to bring layers of clothes, rather than a bulky, heavy coat. Gloves and hats are also good to have on hand. Rent a locker if you want to store them.

Check your calendar, and make Priority Seating reservations at either the 120 or 60 day window, whichever is applicable for where you wish to dine.

The Magic Kingdom is fine if you get there early on Christmas morning. It's not until about noon that it gets crowded. By parade time, it's cheek to cheek. The other parks are usually empty by comparison.

Take your time and enjoy the beautiful decorations. Visit the Grand Floridian and the Wilderness Lodge for a special treat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter