Christmas/New Year Disneyland Trip

The Goofy Hawaiian

Earning My Ears
Alooooha!!!!!!!:flower3:

Our family will be going to Disneyland during the holiday season this year.:woohoo: We will be breaking up the trip by taking a couple of days off to travel to Big Bear Lake. It has been about 10 years since we last went to Big Bear. The last/first time we were there, we didn't have my 4 year old son. My husband and I took skiing lessons (it was cool - no pun).

I have a some questions for all of you:

1. About how long will it take us to get there from the Disneyland area?

2. Can you recommend some places to see on the way (scenic)?

3. Can you recommend some good places to eat at on the way?

4. Can you recommend some activities to do in Big Bear with my 4 year old son?

5. Can you recommend some good places to eat at in Big Bear?
The last time we were there, we ate at Stillwells?????. It was ok. Not to memorable.

Mahalo in advance.
The Goofy Hawaiian :goofy:

:disrocks:

1. About how long will it take us to get there from the Disneyland area?

It takes 30 minutes to get from DL to my house which is at the 57/10. From my house to Big Bear it can take an hour because of the winding roads. We are not really used to driving it so we take our time.

2. Can you recommend some places to see on the way (scenic)?
Scenic? Lake Arrowhead maybe. There's nothing scenic from DL to Big Bear. Once you take the road up the mtn, there's a lot of scenery.

3. Can you recommend some good places to eat at on the way?
What kinds of places. Victoria Gardens is an outdoor mall in Rancho Cucamonga. There's quite a bit of nice restaurants over there and along Foothill Blvd (near the mall). Some restaurants are Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs, Corner Bakery, CPK, Yard House...to name a few.

4. Can you recommend some activities to do in Big Bear with my 4 year old son?

Possibly sledding. We haven't been there during the winter though. They also have ski school for young ones. I haven't taken my kids to that either but I know a lot of little kids...I mean 4 and up go to ski school and are pretty good at it too. Moreso than the adults.

5. Can you recommend some good places to eat at in Big Bear?
The last time we were there, we ate at Stillwells?????. It was ok. Not to memorable.

Nope, sorry. We did go to one place but I don't remember it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter