Christmas or Halloween?

Spork3127

Mouseketeer
So my wife and I have discussed going to WDW sometime around this time of the year next year with our son who will be 5 at that time. That would of course be Halloween or Christmas. A couple of years prior to having our son, my wife and I went to WDW the week after Thanksgiving and had a blast with all of the Christmas stuff so we've experienced it, but our son hasn't. We took him in June of last year when he was a month shy of turning 3 and it was great, but we were limited in what he could ride and half the trip was meeting characters since he was getting into that phase. The hotel and food savings were great since he didn't count towards them.

Now that he's slightly older and should know more of what's going on, we want to plan a return trip but have a new obstacle of contending with public school. So that he doesn't miss school, we would be limited to a week in October for our fall break or the week of Thanksgiving (which I've heard is a horrible week to go due to crowds). We think that he'd enjoy either time, but since it's been about 7 years since our Christmas trip and we've never done Halloween, I wanted to see how they compared as far as things to do with a 5 year old and what may have changed for Christmas since.

Any information that you guys can provide would be great.

I went in October for Halloween and would love to go during Christmas. I have a DD8 and we pulled her out of school for a few days. If that is an option for you I would consider that. Then you can go when it fits in with your schedule.

Crowds for us were ok I thought. Would not recommend going to MK on a day when a party is not being held. That was the worst day for us as far as crowds. Everything else was manageable. MMNSHP was a blast - my daughter loved it. Low wait times for rides, trick or treating was fun, etc.

I've only done Christmas, but in your situation I would do Halloween just to avoid Thanksgiving week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!