• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas or Mid June

teril

Mouseketeer
ok I think I've read enough boards now to convince me to go to DL. So calling all DL fans, which would be the better time to visit? Christmas or Mid June. I've been to DL before but it's been a while and my 6 yr. old has never been. Any suggestions? Is the christmas festivities worth missing fantasia and blast?

Personally I'd pick mid-June. The weather is nicer, more rides are up, and most schools here go till late June so the crowds wouldn't be TOO bad.

The Christmas festivities ARE nice but you'll find much larger crowds during Christmas week. Earlier in December is good, but weekends are always crowded any more, no matter when you go.

Good luck deciding! :)

I would choose X-mas tims over mid June!!!!!! I wouldnt go x-mas week but anytime from Dec 1, thru Dec 20, escpecially on week days would bring very reasonable crowds with short lines. The x-mas decorations/festivites are well worth it. The x-mas parade is great, Its a small world made up for the holidays is great as is Haunted Mansion being redone, as well as the excellant fireworks show. So for me and my family i would pick x-mas time where the weather wont be as hot and the x-mas theme is great and puts you right in the x-mas mood!!

We usually go in summer with a trip last year in Oct and this year Dec 13-17. My opinion is summer. The Christmas decorations are worth a trip once but summer is still better and I will stick to it from now on.
Reasons: Both times have crowds but in Dec its considered the value season except Christmas week. The crowds are about the same but with longer summer times hours the crowds seem to be Distributed more through out the day were as in Dec if the park DL closes at 8 then its pretty crowded all day. Both times have fireworks but only summer has Fantasmic. The weather. I will stick to a dry season from now on. Maybe when my kids get older it will be ok to get wet but now, they are 5, it was not fun. They are also more prone to get sick in winter. With a Christmas trip we had less money to buy presents and had to do shopping in a rush and I did not enjoy that.
All of the Christmas stuff is really great, really great! I know you will have fun which ever you choose.:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter