Christmas shopping- Has anyone started?

Just ordered some clothes tonight for my daughter from American Eagle since I had a good coupon and gift card. Got a few things picked up over the summer during Prime Day at Amazon ie instant pot for mom, hammock for my son and a bunch of books for the kids. Also picked up some books and also movies last week during Targets sale.

I just recently changed jobs and while my old employer closed 2 days(Thursday/Friday) over Thanksgiving, my new employer is open so this is the first year I will be working on Black Friday.

If anyone's in the NYC area, I popped into the Times Square Disney store yesterday and they had the Minnie Rose Gold Loungefly Backpack Wristlet for just $19.95. The other rose gold smaller items like wallet and fanny pack were both $39.95, so it seemed like a good price. It looks like the wristlet is listed for $40 online everywhere too. Bought one for my goddaughter for Christmas.

I have started :)

Once back to school starts I start making my way through my list. I have an Excel spreadsheet to keep it organized.

All 3 of my kids (18, 15, and 13) want an iPad with a case that has a keyboard for it, and an Apple Pencil. Haven't gotten them yet, but will be the bulk of their gifts.

As for the rest of the gifts:

13 yo DD: Clarisonic, Hollister skirt and top set, Ugg slippers, Karaoke machine and for her stocking some jewelry, an Addams Family Funko Pop, and a portable charger.

15 yo DS: Clarisonic, two Vineyard Vines tops, ski goggles, Breckenridge print, and for his stocking The Office Funko Pops and portable charger.

18 yo college DD: Flat iron, two AE sweaters, massage gift card, purse, and for her stocking The Office Funko Pops and portable charger.

Glad to have started!

Last edited:
I bought a Cinderella picture frame at the Disney outlet Saturday. My Christmas shopping has begun! I also have an excel where I track everything.

I've got a nice little pile of gifts started... a few shirts for oldest DSS, a game for DD, Ghostbusters Funko Pops (including the large Stay Puft Marshmallow Man) for my movie buff middle son, and a rug for DSD's room. We have seven kids, so we start kinda early. Plan on making an Amazon order soon. I have a Pinterest board for each kid that I've been saving ideas to. I think we pretty much know what everyone is getting. Should be completely done (including stocking stuffers) by end of November.

I picked up a Nintendo Switch today. For those of you who are looking for one, Target has it for $299.99 plus get a $25 gift card this week. I was able to use my RedCard toward the purchase and saved 5%.

Hopefully they offer this deal again after 11/1. I need a switch but want to wait till the holiday return period starts so if there is something wrong I can exchange it.

Hopefully they offer this deal again after 11/1. I need a switch but want to wait till the holiday return period starts so if there is something wrong I can exchange it.
My receipt says returns accepted until Nov. 12. Hopefully, by that time, the Black Friday ads will be posted. I will then be able to decide to keep it or return it for a BF deal.

I finally bought a gift!!! I have usually put a pretty good dent in my shopping by this time. I ordered the Harry Potter Lego Advent calendar for my sister. It will be a Christmas gift, but I will go ahead and give it to her at Thanksgiving so she can enjoy it this year.

so far just one item-fleece pj bottoms for my oldest (they always get a pair to open up on christmas eve).

I got a weighted blanket that I caught a good deal on. The reviews were encouraging so I really hope it works. Has anyone used one?

costco is selling them now-online and at the stores. they start around $35 depending on the size/weight. they've gotten good reviews-and costco's return policy can't be beat.

I've started keeping my eyes out for things and picking them up when I see them on sale. I have to start early as I'm in charge of getting gifts for my family, my parents, and DH's 2 families. Takes me months to arrange everything. Oh, and of course DD's birthday is in November as well, so that doesn't help.

I'm just starting, I've been compiling ideas on my hidden Pinterest boards. I'm trying super hard to buy from small businesses/Etsy/etc but geeez the deals at the big box stores are just hard to pass up. (Do you hear me, Costco!?)

I am going to also attempt the 12 Days of Christmas for a few people, hopefully I can stay organized enough to actually pull it off.

I still haven't done a single Christmas related thing. Have watched the thread awhile. I just don't think I am a Christmas preplanner. However, I guess I can say I've been saving since January and Christmas fund is fully funded and done in November, so I at least planned that out and have it better funded than last year.

I still haven't done a single Christmas related thing. Have watched the thread awhile. I just don't think I am a Christmas preplanner. However, I guess I can say I've been saving since January and Christmas fund is fully funded and done in November, so I at least planned that out and have it better funded than last year.

Hey, having the money budgeted is a huge step--probably MORE important than starting the shopping! I'm a big pre-planner because (a) I have 4 kids--have a plan, or have a frontal lobotomy; and (b) I make a lot of stuff. I do this because I like to, not because I feel obligated to. I also don't like feeling frantic right before the holidays, so I'll start wrapping ~11/1. Just so I'm not wrapping for 6 on Christmas Eve.

I also don't like feeling frantic right before the holidays, so I'll start wrapping ~11/1. Just so I'm not wrapping for 6 on Christmas Eve.

I buy all though the year and I pre wrap almost everything.
I started doing it when my kids were younger so if they found their presents, at least they could not tell what they were getting.
I have a stash of wrapped presents sitting in a suitcase in my closet right now.
Now that I am older it is kind of like getting a surprise of my own at Christmas because I forget half of what I have bought LOL

I buy all though the year and I pre wrap almost everything.
I started doing it when my kids were younger so if they found their presents, at least they could not tell what they were getting.
I have a stash of wrapped presents sitting in a suitcase in my closet right now.
Now that I am older it is kind of like getting a surprise of my own at Christmas because I forget half of what I have bought LOL

Me, too! I'll buy stuff for myself that I don't really "need", on end-of season clearance, and by the time it's Christmas morning and I'm unwrapping, it's completely unexpected!

I have a wrapping station set up in my walk-in closet. I wrap in batch mode, doing a dozen or so items in one type of wrapping paper, then the next time, going with something different. By the time everything goes under the tree, it's a glorious cacaphony of color.

I have not done as much as I wish. I only have tiny pieces of gifts for three people on my list. Nothing close to where I wanted to be. Hopefully I can start getting more soon but I don't even have ideas yet for many people.

I use a Christmas app to help me plan gifts, remember what I bought, where I put it in the house, if it still needs to be wrapped, and the cost. It's a good way for me to flip through and see what I have or haven't done yet. So far just one item on there, December will be a rush. I also don't have any idea what to get those on my list this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter