Christmas shopping- Has anyone started?

I use a Christmas app to help me plan gifts, remember what I bought, where I put it in the house, if it still needs to be wrapped, and the cost. It's a good way for me to flip through and see what I have or haven't done yet. So far just one item on there, December will be a rush. I also don't have any idea what to get those on my list this year.
Which app do you use?

Hopefully I can start getting more soon but I don't even have ideas yet for many people.
I used Santa's Bag the last two years. There's also a passcode option in settings. This year I'm also trying out one called Gift List to see if I like the layout better, but so far I still prefer the Santa's Bag layout. Once I start really shopping I'll have to stick with one or the other, or it'll be too hard to track.

I used Santa's Bag the last two years. There's also a passcode option in settings. This year I'm also trying out one called Gift List to see if I like the layout better, but so far I still prefer the Santa's Bag layout. Once I start really shopping I'll have to stick with one or the other, or it'll be too hard to track.
Great, thanks!

Yeah, an app sounds nice, but I'm afraid I won't keep it updated. I have a couple notebooks I use--one is the "official" family notebook, taken from Organized Christmas. It has recipes, decorating ideas, calendar pages for tracking events, and so on. Then I have my hidden Christmas notebook, which is skinny and fits quietly in my purse. I have a page for each family member, where I write down gift ideas and check off what I've gotten.

For anyone who might be interested, organizedchristmas.com starts 10/31. She sends an e-mail a day, to keep you on track so your last couple weeks aren't a mad dash of wrapping, baking, and decorating. I find it very helpful.

i can start making a good dent in it soon-amazon's holiday return policy for most items sold and fulfilled by them kicks in november 1st so the stuff i know i won't be looking for on a sale i can take care of.

I bought my 1st gift today - a Star Wars Lego set. Price was too good to pass up, and my kid loves Star Wars and Legos (and I hate paying for them when he builds them once in an hour and is done...but this price was right:))...

Just curious, is this a tradition? What is your reasoning? I know things are discounted, do you worry about stuff being out of stock?
Just don't get around to shopping until then. But yes, we do save money by waiting. My wife's birthday is in early November and she usually does a birthday/Christmas list in September, and the only stock issues I have had are then believe it or not. She has a habit of finding at least one thing and not noticing it is listed as being out of stock for the next six months. First, why is it still on the web site if they know it is going to be out of stock for that long. Second, in this world of just in time delivery of items, how can anything be out of stock more than a few weeks? These are places like LLBean and Lands End. They should be able to place an order with their supplier and have it in a few weeks. Why does it take 6 months to catch up with demand for a blouse, when I can go into a car dealership, order a car to my specs, and have it 2 weeks later?

Since all of our children are adults we stopped buying gifts and instead do a family trip every year. We all agree that it's much less stressful. I get restaurant gift cards for my parents (who are in their 80's and love to go out to eat), and Amazon gift cards for the nieces and nephews (who don't live near us). On Christmas Day we just get together, play games, watch movies, and eat lots of food and basically enjoy each other's company,

Usually I’m about half done by now since my two younger kids birthday is Nov. 30th but they were slow to get me their lists this year. They took me up on my offer to go to Disneyland for their birthday so that part is out of the way.

I only buy for my three kids and DH’s Aunt. So far:

Hydro Flask put their True Pints on clearance in July so I bought six of those for older DD. (Which is funny because she did the same for her best friend.) I’m waiting for their November sale to buy one of the cooler totes to put them in.

I bought a Love Your Melon Disney beanie for each kid when they were released yesterday.

Hit the Vera Bradley outlet sale this morning and got a cardholder for older DD and a new wallet for younger DD.

Hit up the Bath and Bodyworks sale for mini bath gels, lip gloss, hand cream and mini perfume/cologne for stocking stuffers.

I feel behind but I do have a plan/outline so once the sales start happening in force it should go fast. Will probably grab more stocking stuffers in Disney on the sly.

Eddie Bauer is having a 50% off sale online so last night I ordered three cooler backpacks for $25 each (reg $50) They look nice and that helped me with three presents. They have a lot of backpacks etc on sale so if that helps anyone with Christmas shopping, I encourage you to look.

Hydro Flask put their True Pints on clearance in July so I bought six of those for older DD. (Which is funny because she did the same for her best friend.) I’m waiting for their November sale to buy one of the cooler totes to put them in.

I need a Hydro Flask for a gift.... is the November sale something I should watch? Is it on their website?

I need a Hydro Flask for a gift.... is the November sale something I should watch? Is it on their website?
They have two sales a year, one in July and one in November. I follow them on FB and they post it. A lot of times REI and Dick’s Sporting goods include Hydro flasks in their sales so watch them too. You can sign up for Dick’s Sporting Goods and they’ll send you coupons for 20% off.

I found a few things for a friend but nothing for family. We have a trip to WDW in May so money is tight.

Lego sales have been ridiculously good the last 2 weeks, so I broke down and got another set (a 3-1 creator that I had my eyes on). Both sets I've bought were only 5 cents/piece, which is unbelievable in Lego world, so I'll figure out which kid gets which later.

I also got a $50 Cinemark card for $40 (Amazon) and 2 ladies Xmas Nightshirt PJs for $10 each (Kohls) - I'll turn the Cinemark card into movie tickets to Jumanji for after Christmas (and gift them as the "family" gift). My kids have also said they'd give me ideas on Nov 1, so I'll able to start for real then.

The other day my youngest ds came home with a dead phone so I ordered him a new one. He’ll get that now but I also ordered him some airbuds They will go under the tree and be his big gift along with his phone.
That means I’m officially done with the big gifts for my kids and can start on the little things and stocking stuffers.

Have finally started shopping as well. I have to have my family completed by Thanksgiving as we do both holidays at the same time since I only travel home for Thanksgiving. I bought several fun onesies for my new nephew and a Harry Potter knitted hat. I need to get him 2 books that I always give to new babies. I also have a gift for one of my brothers, his wife, and my sister. I bought DD hard sided luggage (actually got free as a gift I selected for my anniversary gift at work), PINK sweat shirt from warehouse sale - $11, and Vera Bradley ID holder/Laynard from their outlet sale - $6. So far have only spent $17 on DD and have gotten all items on her list. I am hoping to get some more done this weekend but we are also car shopping for DD's first car so depending if we actually buy something may not have money until early Nov. Reliable cheap cars are hard to find. o_O

I decided I'm not shopping for dd17 this year. She is too picky and I had to return every thing I bought her for her birthday. So I suggested we give her a budget and she shops for herself. She was happy with that suggestion and it took one less worry off me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts