Christmas....

katyringo

DIS Veteran
I'm taking my family for the first time the week between Christmas and new years. I know its going to be crazy busy. I'm reading all I can about how to best use our time, maxpasses, etc. I guess I just want someone to calm my nerves that even though its going to be a nut house that we will still have a good time and enjoy the trip.

katyringo- I took my boys that same week last year. It was our first time visiting during the holidays and I was a little worried. I booked meal reservations ahead and also ended up booking a dinner package for the Paint The Night Parade (don't think that one is scheduled for this year) and the World of Color Dessert Party. My kids were exhausted by WOC and could have skipped it. But everything else went really well. I didn't think wait times were crazy and that was before Max Pass. I think we rode everything we wanted except Soarin. When they didn't want to deal with lines we collected pressed pennies (have you read about this?). The boys had a great time and we're going back this year...but the week prior to Christmas this time. I think if you let the family know that it will be busy and they might not do everything they want, then they will be surprised and happy with how much they actually do get done.

You should come join us on the Official Christmas thread. Lots of answers from DL vets who have great insight on visiting at Christmas.

We went during the week between Christmas and New Years and yes it was very busy but we utilized fast pass and had a grand time. Actually it was the best time ever. I suggest you follow the suggestions jenbright has given with the reservations as this will assist you with the crowds for parade seating etc.

Thanks you all! I just wanted some reassurance that it will still be a good time.

Will still be a good time for sure. My advice is just don't try to be in a rush. Otherwise younwill get frustrated with the crowds and crowd control, etc especially around main street around parades/fireworks, etc. Frustration leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to the dark side. So just slow down and enjoy the ambiance. Have a great trip.

Will still be a good time for sure. My advice is just don't try to be in a rush. Otherwise younwill get frustrated with the crowds and crowd control, etc especially around main street around parades/fireworks, etc. Frustration leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to the dark side. So just slow down and enjoy the ambiance. Have a great trip.

Yes definitely what he said. I think as long as you are aware that you are going to be there during peak season. It will be crowded, unfortunately there will be people in a bad mood, but just take the time to enjoy everyday there.

We are going to be going from Christmas Eve to New Years Day (this is our first time going at such a peak time of year). My plan is to make at least 1 dining reservation for most of the days (even if we are not going to be in the parks), the only exception is on Christmas Day and New Year's Eve I plan to make 2 dining reservations because we want to be in the parks from open to close those days and I know we will want to sit down and have a nice lunch and dinner to get out of the crowds (hoping for Christmas dinner we'll be able to do the Fantasmic dining package at BB and for New Year's Eve doing a WOC dining package at Ariel's). I also know that this will be an extremely busy time of year and we know that we will more then likely not be able to do everything that we want, however we have 5 day park hoppers and will get Maxpass each park day so hoping that will help. We are more or less just excited to be in our Happy place on Christmas Day and also ringing in the New Year :goodvibes.

We are going to be going from Christmas Eve to New Years Day (this is our first time going at such a peak time of year). My plan is to make at least 1 dining reservation for most of the days (even if we are not going to be in the parks), the only exception is on Christmas Day and New Year's Eve I plan to make 2 dining reservations because we want to be in the parks from open to close those days and I know we will want to sit down and have a nice lunch and dinner to get out of the crowds (hoping for Christmas dinner we'll be able to do the Fantasmic dining package at BB and for New Year's Eve doing a WOC dining package at Ariel's). I also know that this will be an extremely busy time of year and we know that we will more then likely not be able to do everything that we want, however we have 5 day park hoppers and will get Maxpass each park day so hoping that will help. We are more or less just excited to be in our Happy place on Christmas Day and also ringing in the New Year :goodvibes.

What made you decide to do DCA for NYE? I am still undecided....:sad2:

I had read that between the 2 parks, DCA is less crowded then DL park due to the fireworks that DL does for New Year's Eve (of course the park is still crowded but not like at DL). They said that everyone seems to want to be in DL that day. And since we were already going to DL for Christmas, we thought that we would go to DCA for New Years and watch WOC that night and see what they have to offer for New Years Eve. Of course this is what we are planning on right now, I am hoping that the park calendar is up soon (as in next month) so I can see what the events are for that night at each park, and if one looks better then the other (hoping that DCA is open until midnight and that they do some sort of something to ring in the new year), then we can decide which park to actually go to that day.

I wonder what DCA does for NYE. When we went which was quite a few years back we went to DL and the park was at max capacity and we had to skip our reservation for dinner at Naples as we feared not getting back into the park. They had dance party stations all over the place with characters on stage dancing awaiting the NYE countdown. It was a really fun family friendly party. They also handed out NYE party hats and noise makers. Of course they had fireworks but I think the dance party and NYE countdown was really fun. I would love to do it again sometime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter