Chunkymonkey & Chubbyhubby's Year of Disney PTR! NEW 12/27 THE END and New TR Link!

Tuesday Dec 6th:
DHS
all day
6:10pm Yachtsman's Steakhouse
Should I move MVMCP to tonight? I will then move Yachtsman to a different night.
I've always been told that Tuesdays are the least crowded nights for the parties. I had originally planned on going MNSSHP on a Tuesday, but then they made that the day for late EMH at Epcot which I absolutely love, so I had to move mine to Sunday. Definitely avoid Friday if you can, though... I went on Friday Dec 4th last year, and it was a mad house!

I think they will extend hours. They are only updating SW FW a few weeks to maybe a month AT MOST ahead, so you still have time. Jungle Book: Alive with Magic stopped showing as of Sept 5th.

I think that's all you asked about that I know the answer to....lol.

I really hate how Disney is waiting til the last minute for everything these days. It was the same way for us in June. Ugh.

I've always been told that Tuesdays are the least crowded nights for the parties. I had originally planned on going MNSSHP on a Tuesday, but then they made that the day for late EMH at Epcot which I absolutely love, so I had to move mine to Sunday. Definitely avoid Friday if you can, though... I went on Friday Dec 4th last year, and it was a mad house!

Argh it's so confusing especially because my FP+ date is THIS monday Oct 3rd. So I really need to decide where I'm going and when!
I think I will move the MVMCP to Tuesday. I've always tried to do the least crowds, so I think I'll be happier with my choice.

I think they will extend hours. They are only updating SW FW a few weeks to maybe a month AT MOST ahead, so you still have time. Jungle Book: Alive with Magic stopped showing as of Sept 5th.

I think that's all you asked about that I know the answer to....lol.

I really hate how Disney is waiting til the last minute for everything these days. It was the same way for us in June. Ugh.

Ugh is correct. How do they expect us to make ADRs 6 months in advance and FP+ 2 months in advance and then throw a wrench into everything by announcing different hours and showtimes. Sigh.
Thanks for the info on Jungle Book! I guess I'll just have to wait for them to announce RoL then!

December 2016 Trip Details to date (as of 10/3/2016): MVMCP Booked!

Dates: Friday Dec 2nd - Wednesday Dec 7th 2016
Lodging: Booked - The Dolphin standard room
Flights: Booked - United
Airport Transfers: Booked - Happy Limo private car
ADRs: Booked - see below
FP+: Tomorrow, October 3rd!
Special Events: Candlelight Processional - booked. Christmas Party - booked. SW Fireworks Dessert Party - not yet released. Rivers of Light - Rumored, not yet announced.

OK So I'm being a PITA but only really to myself. I have switched things around, surprise surprise LOL. I have booked MVMCP for Tuesday Dec 6th. (Updated Oct 3 - It is now Saturday Dec 4th) DH is perfectly fine with not having a "special" dinner to celebrate his bday because he thought the whole trip was to celebrate his bday anyways, so he's ok with cancelling Yachtsman. He's ok with keeping the evenings free to watch the SW fireworks and RoL so I'll just have to wait to see when those are announced and then schedule dinner plans around them.

Ok so here's our modified plans. Anything in red differs from the last updated plan.

Friday Dec 2nd:
Late night arrival at Orlando ~ midnight
Happy Limo to The Dolphin

Saturday Dec 3rd:

Morning in AK, then hop to Epcot
4:10pm
Restaurant Marrakesh Candlelight Processional Dinner (Show at 6:45pm) Whoopie Goldberg is the narrator. (Will see if I can get an earlier ADR, therefore the earlier show at 5pm)

Seems that the CP lasts about 45 minutes so even if we can't get the earlier show ours should be over by 7:30pm, maybe we can hop over to DHS to watch the SW fireworks if DHS opens a little later (right now the park hours having it closing at 7pm)

Sunday Dec 4th:
Morning in MK
12:25pm California Grill Brunch at the Top
Probably return to
MK after brunch

(Updated Oct 3) - Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Monday Dec 5th:
Whole day in Epcot
11:35am Via Napoli Lunch - I canceled the later ADR as I am thinking we will grab an early dinner before the nighttime shows.

Dinner - open, canceled Cape May, waiting to see if RoL is announced.

Tuesday Dec 6th:
DHS all day
May make an ADR for Beaches n Cream later in the day.

Night - Epcot EMH!

Wednesday Dec 7th: Departure Day
We may start the day off at MK and head to Epcot for lunch
1:15pm Garden Grill. I may move it to a later time, not sure yet.
Our flight departs close to 8pm so we'll have quite a bit of time at Epcot.

Last edited:

I like the idea of going to California Grill for brunch. I'll have to file that away :rolleyes:

The brunch sounds like one of those nice champagne brunches that you do on special occasions. It's pricey (think it's $50+ pp) but I thought it sounded pretty special. I am saving the dinner ADR for my birthday next year so we could watch wishes from there!

The brunch sounds like one of those nice champagne brunches that you do on special occasions. It's pricey (think it's $50+ pp) but I thought it sounded pretty special. I am saving the dinner ADR for my birthday next year so we could watch wishes from there!
I'd like to do dinner and watch wishes... but I keep looking at the menu, and I'm not sure I'd eat anything! The only things drawing my eyes are desserts :laughing: I'm just a bit picky still, so I'd hate to spend too much and not eat it.

December 2016 Trip Details to date (as of 10/3/2016): FP+ Booked!

Dates: Friday Dec 2nd - Wednesday Dec 7th 2016
Lodging: Booked - The Dolphin standard room
Flights: Booked - United
Airport Transfers: Booked - Happy Limo private car
ADRs: Booked - see below
FP+: Booked - see below
Special Events: Candlelight Processional - booked. Christmas Party - booked. SW Fireworks Dessert Party - not yet released. Rivers of Light - Rumored, not yet announced.

Today is FP+ day for our December trip! Of course it's a Monday and I had to make them while I was commuting to work on the MDE app. It looks like they have changed it a bit since I last used it so instead of making 3 FP selections at a time and them providing you with a myriad of times, you select each FP and each time you want. It's probably a little easier this way depending on how you use it. So I did a first cut at the FP+ and will probably tweak it as we get closer to the dates. The hardest FP to get was Frozen Ever After, I got FP+ for it but the times were all later in the day. The early times were mostly gone already.

Also I had initially scheduled our MVMCP for Tuesday Dec 6th, but like @Elevationist said, I kinda adore late EMH at Epcot too and it's only happening on the 6th so I decided to switch dates. The CM on the phone game me a one-time courtesy to switch the dates on the tickets I already purchased and I was eternally grateful, so guess we are now going to MVMCP on Sunday, Dec 4th!

Here's our modified plans. Anything in red differs from the last updated plan. FP+ are shown in Green

Friday Dec 2nd:
Late night arrival at Orlando ~ midnight
Happy Limo to The Dolphin

Saturday Dec 3rd:
Morning in AK, then hop to Epcot.
12:40pm Test Track
1:40pm Character Spot
3:10pm Living with the Land

4:10pm Restaurant Marrakesh Candlelight Processional Dinner (Show at 6:45pm) Whoopie Goldberg is the narrator. (Will see if I can get an earlier ADR, therefore the earlier show at 5pm)
Seems that the CP lasts about 45 minutes so even if we can't get the earlier show ours should be over by 7:30pm, maybe we can hop over to DHS to watch the SW fireworks if DHS opens a little later (right now the park hours having it closing at 7pm)

Sunday Dec 4th:
Morning in MK
9:05am BTMRR
10:50am PeterPan's Flight

12:25pm California Grill Brunch at the Top
Return to MK after brunch
3:25pm Seven Dwarves Mine Train
Evening - Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!

Monday Dec 5th:
Whole day in Epcot
9:30am Spaceship Earth
10:30am Character Spot

11:35am Via Napoli Lunch
2:05pm Frozen Ever After
Dinner - open, waiting to see if RoL is announced.

Tuesday Dec 6th:
DHS all day
9:05am Star Tours
10:45am Toy Story Midway Mania
12:45 Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular

May make an ADR for Beaches n Cream later in the day.
Evening - Epcot EMH!

Wednesday Dec 7th: Departure Day :(
We may start the day off at MK and head to Epcot in the afternoon.
12:40 Spaceship Earth
1:15pm Garden Grill
1:50pm Character Spot
3:00pm Frozen Ever After

Our flight departs close to 8pm so we'll have quite a bit of time at Epcot.
Happy Limo back to Orlando Airport

The darn tier system at Epcot really gets to me. I don't have an FP for Soarin' so we'll probably have to rope drop that. I really wanted to ride FEA a few times to get a feel for it and I know it's going to be really popular. However, since we did ride Soarin' about 12 times at Disneyland, I'm ok with that. Hey, does anyone know if the Disneyworld version of Soarin' ends up with them in WDW instead of Disneyland? That would be worth an FP+ to me!

Oh and stay tuned for some updates this week and weekend...I'll be at New York Comic Con!!

If you are going please come by and say hi. I'll be working at the Muteki Sales booth (Booth #3024) which is my friend's business. He sells Japanese toys like Godzilla, Gundam, Kamen Rider, Transformers etc. I'll be there on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. I know I'm definitely seeing @YukiPhnx there. Can't wait! Stay tuned for lots of pictures from the Con!

Last edited:
Yes, you should move your MVMCP to 12/6 because that's when I'll be there. :) (Wait, hopefully that's not a deterrent). Drat, I see you're set on the Sunday party. Well, we will be at AK the day you *might* be there, so maybe we'll be at ROL at the same time!

Wow, your plans are really coming together!!

Our FP+ window is November 13th and I'm still not sure which ones to get for Epcot! Would love to know how Soarin' is different. I was hoping to just rope drop that and then FP+ either TT or FEA.

Also I had initially scheduled our MVMCP for Tuesday Dec 6th, but like @Elevationist said, I kinda adore late EMH at Epcot too and it's only happening on the 6th so I decided to switch dates. The CM on the phone game me a one-time courtesy to switch the dates on the tickets I already purchased and I was eternally grateful, so guess we are now going to MVMCP on Sunday, Dec 4th!
Yaaaay! That's excellent, I'm so glad that worked out for you! Due to the EMH at Epcot being on Tuesday, I too opted for the Sunday instead for MNSSHP. Fingers crossed that these were good judgement calls for both of us!

Yes, you should move your MVMCP to 12/6 because that's when I'll be there. :) (Wait, hopefully that's not a deterrent). Drat, I see you're set on the Sunday party. Well, we will be at AK the day you *might* be there, so maybe we'll be at ROL at the same time!

LOL That's too bad! I did want to go on the Tuesday but I really wanted to do Epcot EMH. I haven't been there for an Epcot evening EMH for a long time (never seems to coincide with my plans when I'm usually there or they don't have it!) so am eager to return. I hope they announce ROL soon so that we can finalize our plans! From what I understand, it's supposed to go live in November. Fingers crossed!

Wow, your plans are really coming together!!

I know, as soon as FP+ goes live it is definitely look more like a WDW vacation to me!

Our FP+ window is November 13th and I'm still not sure which ones to get for Epcot! Would love to know how Soarin' is different. I was hoping to just rope drop that and then FP+ either TT or FEA.

LOL I will PM you after we see it so that you will know for sure. Someone probably wrote about it already on the Disboards so I may go look for the answer. If it's exactly the same then I am ok if I don't get to see it right away.

I would FP Frozen Ever After just because I think the lines will continue to be long for the next year or so. If your kids are anti-Frozen, then I'd do Test Track just to see for the first time. The ride vehicle is the same as RSR but it's a completely different ride and is interactive. It's not cute like RSR but it has it's moments. :) Then for the other tier I would FP Character Spot just to avoid any lines that can build up for the characters. You get to meet at least 3 characters and it's really awesome to see in Epcot. Then the other one depends on whether you want a thrill or not. Mission Space has 2 sides, orange and green. Orange is more intense and involves centrifugal force. If you don't like spinning then opt for the green. I always go for green because orange makes me sick and green never has a wait. If you want intense though, the orange is the way to go and that can build up maybe a 30 minute wait at some times, but never as long as Test Track or Soarin. Another option is Spaceship Earth. I like how it's interactive but it's rather slow moving, and the wait times are usually short but can build up during popular afternoons. The other rides never really seem to build up a line IMO, or if it does it's very short.

Yaaaay! That's excellent, I'm so glad that worked out for you! Due to the EMH at Epcot being on Tuesday, I too opted for the Sunday instead for MNSSHP. Fingers crossed that these were good judgement calls for both of us!

I hope so too!! I think it's gonna be fun no matter what!

Extra Pixie Dust!

Just a PSA for those of you thinking of buying annual passes or if you've purchased an annual pass and have not yet activated it...

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...sort-with-new-special-offers-for-passholders/

So the notice says if you purchase an annual pass between Oct 2 and Dec 31 you are entitled to an extra month! I actually called Disney ticketing today to see if I could just change the date of my AP purchase because I bought it at the end of August but have not activated it yet (Dec would be the first time). The CM told me that all we need to do is ACTIVATE my annual pass in Dec and we will be entitled an extra month! Haha, not that we really needed it because 5 trips next year would be more than enough, but now I could go during the holidays again next year if I wanted to, hey it will even include New Years! :)

Thanks for the tips! My girls are definitely growing out of Frozen so I think I might get TT. Thanks for the tip on Mission Space - I'll choose green for sure then lol Character Spot is a great idea, I love the idea of getting a ton of character photos and interactions all in one place.

I really wanted to ride FEA a few times to get a feel for it and I know it's going to be really popular. However, since we did ride it about 12 times at Disneyland, I'm ok with that.

Where is Frozen Ever After at DL?????? :confused3

Hey, does anyone know if the Disneyworld version of Soarin' ends up with them in WDW instead of Disneyland?

All the versions of Soarin' end with a "home advantage". I've seen DCA and Shanghai and have yet to see the WDW version, but the guy who showed us thr Shanghai version told us what it was.

Thanks for the tips! My girls are definitely growing out of Frozen so I think I might get TT. Thanks for the tip on Mission Space - I'll choose green for sure then lol Character Spot is a great idea, I love the idea of getting a ton of character photos and interactions all in one place.

Sounds like you have your FP+ picked out then! Great choices.

Yes, it does end in WDW! I won't spoil the ending but it's definitely WDW! Make sure you get B1 for the best viewing!

Awesome! Now I'm super excited to see it!

Where is Frozen Ever After at DL?????? :confused3[

All the versions of Soarin' end with a "home advantage". I've seen DCA and Shanghai and have yet to see the WDW version, but the guy who showed us thr Shanghai version told us what it was.

Oh sorry I meant I rode Soarin' about 12 times at DL! That's why if we dont' get to see it at WDW I'll be ok, but now I want to see the WDW version too! Maybe I will swap out TT for Soarin' and then just ride TT at rope drop.

Hi Su-Lynn! I have lurked on your reports in the past (especially your cruise reports). :)

I'll be there for Princess weekend too! You guys will have so much fun!

Expo can take as much or as little time as you want it to. If you get there right when it opens in the morning, it will be INSANE. You can google around for reports of 2016's expo...let's just say, people take their merchandise seriously. If you go a little later in the day and don't care as much about the official race merchandise, it won't be as bad.

ALSO...with your APs, you should get your race photos added into your Memory Maker! :)

Looking forward to following along!

Friday Feb 24th (Day of 5k):
Wake up really early for the 5k. I am not sure what time we are supposed to meet but it's early. I am obviously really prepared for this. LOL.
After the run I'll have to see how I feel. I may take a nap before heading to MK.
5:40pm dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern
We have a DISMeet planned for later tonight! Some drinks with @LindseyJo22 and @Elevationist! Maybe I'll finally get to dine inside Trader Sams!
...it's pretty early. :eek: We'll know the times for sure when they release the event guide, but I'm pretty sure you're going to want to be on a bus to the starting area by 4:30, 4:45. AM!!! :faint:

Hi Su-Lynn! I have lurked on your reports in the past (especially your cruise reports). :)

I'll be there for Princess weekend too! You guys will have so much fun!

Expo can take as much or as little time as you want it to. If you get there right when it opens in the morning, it will be INSANE. You can google around for reports of 2016's expo...let's just say, people take their merchandise seriously. If you go a little later in the day and don't care as much about the official race merchandise, it won't be as bad.

ALSO...with your APs, you should get your race photos added into your Memory Maker! :)

Looking forward to following along!

Hi Shannon! Thank you for reading! I admit I have lurked on some of your TRs too. Your Run Disney tales are very inspiring and your medal collection is jaw-dropping. :worship:
That's a great tip to know about going later in the day. I have heard about people lining up to get Race merchandise. It's crazy but I will probably want stuff too after seeing it! What time do the crowds usually thin out? Noon?
Thank you about letting me know about the race photos and MM! I would have had no idea to even do that!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter