Chunkymonkey & Chubbyhubby's Year of Disney PTR! NEW 12/27 THE END and New TR Link!

Ok after writing out my comments I'll head over and 'like' her photo :0

Comic con looks awesome, look at all the fabulous cosplay costumes!!!

So fun to have a mini dismeet!

NLr79HtINTbKJNPPIpjAFBVlGZ0TOtxFvrpzuul1MG5tIOk_-XXUFC8MAvCeSX26KMzWx9xcXwqrtSMCvRY704klfPvnznVK37RPU_UgkeyapGmBphIUwN0vMK5MeK8i2CYfSDbXtdOlKfIZGxxRKXycAjwDs3TV_fu5ZyiqCMg_AqTYY8lyawzFjtCXEp9X1_FSXyrKB7kCnLGCJGsOVkwybPhbTlJSD_cxQfVpxlF2SxT8Go6D_NN3nr7v6omunjafTT-yXuMLBOujFNwL86yYsUHRsyWi7uMhVZOobiQw8icmXSDm-784q2FApuT80LsBV-PvrAWPGQUPzk7g_gAGc9SsWSJBB-i7dz0YY3MVQYCGZaehXWlcOFziHG7JlKBSMJNsE8feQdCcy6dcnfyTJn4xypQww21han9kRemk6m_R9h8zc7IDVlzynDS26fZhB3fDQxYIJI94virSkeDSQ5vxg0zEMHfNBPPneeHUf9ye-LEDsDR4xLSg47-Wv8basvCkIdEfmHe2gO_1i08BnN_yvvnW495wcvEHrZvK4hXYwYluSrNnz_5oHERSyNXD286sD-HRee2kZQzNziTxl2t5E0-zjVobrL34QRe_JaaPCA=w489-h651-no
Love the dress! Where did she find it?

Looks like a fun time at Comic Con!

Thanks! We were exhausted after the weekend but it was fun as always!

Looks like you had a great time at comic con! Your pictures are awesome. You guys are so cute!

Thank you Kelly!! We had so much fun!

OKAY, soooooooo jealous of all your plans! But I am here to stay.

Definitely going to be challenging to plan all this out the next year! That's why I really needed this PTR!

And you got to meet Yuki and Andrew!! They were our very first DISmeet! Such a sweet couple. We love them.

They are awesome and sooo cute! I can't wait to meet up again!

Love love love all the pics from NY Comic Con! It looks so much fun!

Thanks Billie! We had a great time!

Comic con looks like a fun time!

Thank you! It was!

Ok after writing out my comments I'll head over and 'like' her photo :0

Comic con looks awesome, look at all the fabulous cosplay costumes!!!

So fun to have a mini dismeet!

Thank you! I hope she wins! I think the contest ends after today so they will tally up all the votes.
It was a lot of fun at the Con!
It was really special to have a DISMeet with Yuki and Andrew! Definitely a convention to remember!

Love the dress! Where did she find it?

December 2016 Trip Details to date (as of 10/17/2016): Added Soarin', No SW Fireworks, new Dessert party for Jingle Bell Jingle BAM!

Dates: Friday Dec 2nd - Wednesday Dec 7th 2016
Lodging: Booked - The Dolphin standard room
Flights: Booked - United
Airport Transfers: Booked - Happy Limo private car
ADRs: Booked - see below
FP+: Booked - see below
Special Events: Candlelight Processional - booked. Christmas Party - booked. SW Fireworks - Not Happening. Rivers of Light - Not until 2017. Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM at DHS - new show!

I swapped out our TT FP+ on our first Epcot day so that we could ride the new Soarin'. I'm curious to see how the ending differs for Orlando vs California so I'm excited about that!
Also, most of you heard that there is no more SW fireworks after November 12, instead it's being swapped for a new holiday show! Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM at DHS. This sounds pretty cool and I'm sure it'll be a great show, I just really had my hopes up to watch the new SW fireworks. Maybe it will come back next year so we can actually see them on one of our many trips. Fingers crossed. Either way, I have made up for that by booking the Jingle Bell Jingle BAM dessert party for us! I initially wanted Dec 5th but there was no availability for that day, so now I have it for Dec 6th and then we'll just hop on over to Epcot after that for EMH.

Also, no River of Lights until next year it seems so this actually frees up some evenings. I may just make another ADR for us on the evening of Dec 5th.

Here's our modified plans. Anything in red differs from the last updated plan.

Friday Dec 2nd:
Late night arrival at Orlando ~ midnight
Happy Limo to The Dolphin

Saturday Dec 3rd:
Morning in AK, then hop to Epcot.
12:40pm Soarin' Over The World
1:40pm Character Spot
3:10pm Living with the Land
4:10pm Restaurant Marrakesh Candlelight Processional Dinner Package
6:45pm Candlelight Processional - Whoopie Goldberg is the narrator.
9:00pm Illuminations

Sunday Dec 4th:
Morning in MK
9:05am BTMRR
10:50am PeterPan's Flight
12:25pm California Grill Brunch at the Top
Return to MK after brunch
3:25pm Seven Dwarves Mine Train
Evening - Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!

Monday Dec 5th:
Whole day in Epcot
9:30am Spaceship Earth
10:30am Character Spot
11:35am Via Napoli Lunch
2:05pm Frozen Ever After
Dinner - Open

Tuesday Dec 6th:
DHS all day
9:05am Star Tours
10:45am Toy Story Midway Mania
12:45 Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
5:45pm Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM Dessert Party!
Evening - Epcot EMH!

Wednesday Dec 7th: Departure Day :(
We may start the day off at MK and head to Epcot in the afternoon.
12:40 Spaceship Earth
1:15pm Garden Grill Lunch
1:50pm Character Spot
3:00pm Frozen Ever After
Our flight departs close to 8pm so we'll have quite a bit of time at Epcot.
Happy Limo back to Orlando Airport

We booked the Jingle Bell, Jingle Jam party too! I've heard the SW fireworks will come back after dec 31st but I'm not sure if that's true.

I love your plans!! So many cool and new things...The new holiday show sounds fantastic. You may however, need a vacation to recover from your vacation lol....I don't see a whole lot of sleeping going on lol...but who needs to sleep at WDW lol

Also, most of you heard that there is no more SW fireworks after November 12, instead it's being swapped for a new holiday show! Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM at DHS. This sounds pretty cool and I'm sure it'll be a great show, I just really had my hopes up to watch the new SW fireworks. Maybe it will come back next year so we can actually see them on one of our many trips. Fingers crossed. Either way, I have made up for that by booking the Jingle Bell Jingle BAM dessert party for us! I initially wanted Dec 5th but there was no availability for that day, so now I have it for Dec 6th and then we'll just hop on over to Epcot after that for EMH.
We were really bummed about this. Dug wanted to see the SW fireworks so badly! Yulilin is reporting that they return to ring in the new year on 12/31, though, so you should be able to see them in 2017. We actually have the Jingle Bell party booked the night after you! Not sure we'll do it, though - the party was worth it for SW, but not sure we want to splurge otherwise when we can see this show instead of Fantasmic a few nights later. We'll see how the reviews come in.

Also, no River of Lights until next year it seems so this actually frees up some evenings. I may just make another ADR for us on the evening of Dec 5th.
Where did you see this?! Is it official? If so, I think I'm going to cry with how many things about our trip Disney has made worse in the last week. :sad:

Wednesday Dec 7th: Departure Day :(
We may start the day off at MK and head to Epcot in the afternoon.
12:40 Spaceship Earth
1:15pm
Garden Grill Lunch
1:50pm Character Spot
3:00pm Frozen Ever After

Our flight departs close to 8pm so we'll have quite a bit of time at Epcot.
Happy Limo back to Orlando Airport
If we decide not to do the Jingle Bell party, we will likely spend our arrival afternoon/evening in Epcot, so meeting up this day could work well.

We booked the Jingle Bell, Jingle Jam party too! I've heard the SW fireworks will come back after dec 31st but I'm not sure if that's true.

I think it has to come back after the new years...with Rogue One premiering I think people will have a renewed interest in SW again. I hope they won't keep changing it though! I needs to last at least until the end of February so we can see it!

That sounds like a good plan! We have been to MNSSHP twice but never to the Christmas party. I'm really looking forward to seeing it all decked out for the holidays!

Me too! I am excited to see Holiday Wishes!

I love your plans!! So many cool and new things...The new holiday show sounds fantastic. You may however, need a vacation to recover from your vacation lol....I don't see a whole lot of sleeping going on lol...but who needs to sleep at WDW lol

Sleep? What's sleep at WDW? I barely even see our resort when we're there!! LOL. I wake up earlier when I'm on WDW trips than I do on a regular work day. I'm not really a morning person but at WDW I am energized and ready to go!

I saw that, too! So bummed! But at least it helped me pare down my three different Boma dinner ADRs I was holding for that night!

Yeah it's a bummer! But I'm not holding my breath for it any longer...

Think of me during these, since it'll be my birthday and these are my favorites!

I will!!

We were really bummed about this. Dug wanted to see the SW fireworks so badly! Yulilin is reporting that they return to ring in the new year on 12/31, though, so you should be able to see them in 2017. We actually have the Jingle Bell party booked the night after you! Not sure we'll do it, though - the party was worth it for SW, but not sure we want to splurge otherwise when we can see this show instead of Fantasmic a few nights later. We'll see how the reviews come in.

I know...so bummed, but hopefully it returns right after the new year. I hope the Jingle Bam party is good. I am really not into the whole Christmas thing (not a scrooge just not really my favorite time of year) so after the MVMCP it may be a bit too much. But maybe it will change my mindset!

Where did you see this?! Is it official? If so, I think I'm going to cry with how many things about our trip Disney has made worse in the last week. :sad:

Well, it's a highly official rumor right now I think...I saw this in an article. I don't think Disney wants to publicize the fact that this show is about a year delayed. I know they said they would release some RoL dining packages...but in April of next year, LOL. So I'm not holding my breath for this. If it starts sometimes next year, then it will just be a nice surprise!

If we decide not to do the Jingle Bell party, we will likely spend our arrival afternoon/evening in Epcot, so meeting up this day could work well.

Awesome!!

Well, it's a highly official rumor right now I think...I saw this in an article. I don't think Disney wants to publicize the fact that this show is about a year delayed. I know they said they would release some RoL dining packages...but in April of next year, LOL. So I'm not holding my breath for this. If it starts sometimes next year, then it will just be a nice surprise!
Not to get your hopes up, but this thread shows it was in testing last week:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/ri...y-for-prime-time.3553227/page-6#post-56650869

And I saw something that indicated the April dates for the dining packages were wording from last year, when it was intended to premiere.

We'll see what happens.

October 2017 DCL Trip Plans: Introducing Marvel Day at Sea!!

So I was pretty bummed with the recent news and rumors about the SW fireworks not happening for our December trip and the unsure opening date for Rivers of Light, but this latest news just cheered me up immensely...Disney Cruise Line is introducing a Marvel Day at Sea on their Fall 2017 cruises out of NYC...and our October 21st Sailing on the Magic (which is exactly 1 year from today!!) just happens to be one of them! OK you redeemed yourself Disney! Here's the press release from the Disney Cruise website:

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/marvel-at-sea/

MARVEL DAY AT SEA

Take a stand alongside some of Marvel’s mightiest heroes for an exciting day-long adventure—available on select sailings departing from New York in Fall 2017.

A Super Celebration!
Unleash the hero within—and experience the thrills of the Marvel Universe—during a day-long extravaganza where family fun rules.

Join some of your favorite Marvel Super Heroes (and villains) from The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy—as well as Spider-Man—for one epic day filled with one-of-a-kind entertainment, unforgettable meet-and-greets and special offerings you won’t find anywhere else.

During Marvel Day at Sea, you’ll enjoy:

• A spectacular deck party, featuring dancing, fireworks and the largest collection of Marvel Super Heroes and villains ever assembled on a cruise ship
  • Thrilling photo ops with some of your favorite heroes, including Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and Spider-Man
  • The newest Marvel Studios blockbuster inside the Walt Disney Theatre—plus a Marvel movie marathon featuring past hits
  • Open-air, Funnel Vision screenings of the latest Marvel TV animated series
  • A fan-filled costume celebration in the ship’s Atrium
  • Extraordinary games and activities at Disney’s Oceaneer Club and throughout the ship
  • Surprise Super Hero and Super Villain appearances throughout the ship
  • Amazing themed food and beverages
  • Exclusive merchandise and collectibles
Marvel Day at Sea—a heroic celebration of the Marvel Universe—is a one-day extravaganza available on select sailings from New York in October and November of 2017. For the remainder of your voyage, look forward to a thrilling itinerary of entertainment and activities—from Broadway-style shows and innovative dining to immersive Port Adventures.

I'm actually pretty excited about this! I had a great time meeting Spidey and Captain America (my fave superhero) at Disneyland so to have a day of Marvel will be pretty cool. I am totally thinking of an Agent Carter themed outfit. Although I'm not sure what DH would want to be...maybe Bruce Banner in the doctor form, not hulk form, LOL! I also didn't realize that it would be a Halloween on the High Seas cruise, but I guess being so close to Halloween should have been pretty obvious to me. I am wondering if I should bring more than one costume!:laughing:

This was a nice surprise today, and it's reviving my interest in this cruise! :)

So, er, who else wants to come along for this cruise?!?!?!?!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!