Chunkymonkey & Chubbyhubby's Year of Disney PTR! NEW 12/27 THE END and New TR Link!

That's so cool about the cruise! You can never have too many costumes in my opinion. When we did our Halloween on the High seas cruise ( it was just 4 nights) our head server didn't recognize us on our last night because it was the only time we dressed normally! We had to bring a rolling garment bag just for costumes.

So I'm behind again and I am only on pg 4 of your PTR, so I may be telling you things you already know.

SW Fireworks are back as of 12/31 to ring in the New Year and the rumors for ROL highly suggest soft openings staring possible tonight with the show debuting 11/18, I believe.

Awesome on the Marvel Day at Sea!

That looks like a ton of fun! So happy for you!

Thank you, it was quite the surprise!!

Marvel Day at Sea sounds awesome!

It does! I was so surprised at the news but it's just icing on the cake, really!

Marvel Day at Sea sounds fun! I would bring two costumes! Halloween on the ships is so much fun!

That's true, sounds like a great idea! Maybe I can re-use Leia and Han Solo from our SWDAS cruise!

That is so awesome Marvel Day will be on your cruise! First Star Wars and now Marvel - lucky lady! lol

Thanks! I was so surprised and definitely feel really lucky our cruise was included! It's the only Canadian cruise with MDAS so it'll be extra special!

That's so cool about the cruise! You can never have too many costumes in my opinion. When we did our Halloween on the High seas cruise ( it was just 4 nights) our head server didn't recognize us on our last night because it was the only time we dressed normally! We had to bring a rolling garment bag just for costumes.

Thanks! I was surprised and delighted to hear the news! I will make sure to bring 2 costumes, maybe re-use Leia and Han from this year...

That's so funny you wore costumes more than regular clothes! That definitely sounds like a fun cruise! The rolling garment bag sounds like a great idea!

Sounds like fun that your cruise got plussed up! :thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear about it. :goodvibes

It sure did! ++++++++++++ up!!
It was a great surprise and now I am really looking forward to all the festivities on the cruise!

So I'm behind again and I am only on pg 4 of your PTR, so I may be telling you things you already know.

That's ok. I am terribly behind on everyone's TR and PTR. And my own TR as well! It's just been so busy!

SW Fireworks are back as of 12/31 to ring in the New Year and the rumors for ROL highly suggest soft openings staring possible tonight with the show debuting 11/18, I believe.

Awesome on the Marvel Day at Sea!

Yay! SW Fireworks are back! I will be able to watch them on our Feb trip then. I'm really hoping the ROL is launching officially soon so hopefully the rumors are true!

Thank you! I'm so excited!!!!

The Marvel cruise sounds cool. We might be at WDW at the same time. We are planning on being at Wine & Dine 2017, which may align with your Fall 2017 trip. We will have to meet up if it works out. Your trips are looking good. Have you given up on ROL? I think it will be running for your trip. Just what you wanted to hear, huh:) I am still trying to decide if we will see Jingle Bam and then head over to Epcot to see holiday Illuminations. We won't be doing the dessert party at DHS, since we did the SW one in March and July. We are blowing off Frozen this trip. We did it in July and just thought it was OK. I know we will have to do it next July when DS is with us, since he hasn't seen it yet.

Marvel Day at Sea! How exciting! I am looking forward to the photos from THAT!

I know! It was a nice surprise! I'm REALLY looking forward to this cruise now, but now I have to find 2 costumes to wear. LOL

The Marvel cruise sounds cool. We might be at WDW at the same time. We are planning on being at Wine & Dine 2017, which may align with your Fall 2017 trip. We will have to meet up if it works out. Your trips are looking good. Have you given up on ROL? I think it will be running for your trip. Just what you wanted to hear, huh:) I am still trying to decide if we will see Jingle Bam and then head over to Epcot to see holiday Illuminations. We won't be doing the dessert party at DHS, since we did the SW one in March and July. We are blowing off Frozen this trip. We did it in July and just thought it was OK. I know we will have to do it next July when DS is with us, since he hasn't seen it yet.

That's cool! We should definitely plan to meet up if you will be there at the same time!
I am holding out for RoL for all my trips! I've set aside time in the evenings where nothing is going on so I can hopefully book some sort of RoL package if there is one, or at least catch the "soft opening" stages of it.
Are Illuminations different during the holidays? It's so hard to figure out dinner plans when there is so much going on in the evening.
I am kinda bummed SW fireworks is temporarily replaced by Jingle Bam. I mean, enough with Christmas already...I'm already doing CP and MVMCP, so I could have used a good dose of SW to get my sanity back! Haha.
But I hope to catch it in February and hopefully May. I will be in DHS on May the 4th, and how cool would it be to do the SW Fireworks dessert party then? I also really want to do Club Villain. But there is no time to do so during the Dec trip and I haven't seen any dates into February yet.
I'm hoping Frozen isn't a big let down. I mean, it looks cool and I do want to ride it but I know it's a short ride as Maelstrom was so short. Luckily we have FP+ for it.

PTR Update 11/18/2016: May 2017 ADRs made!

Trip Dates:

DECEMBER 2-7 2016:
2 weeks until WDW for Holiday/DH's bday festivities!
Lodging: WDW Dolphin
ADRs: Complete
FP+: Complete

FEBRUARY 23-28 2017:
97 Days until Princess 5k and my birthday trip!
Lodging: Contemporary Garden Wing
FP+: In 36 days! (On Christmas Day)

MAY 3-7 2017:
166 Days until May the 4th Trip for F&G!
Lodging: Boardwalk Garden View Studio
FP+: In 106 days! (March 4, 2017)

AUGUST 5-12 2017:
260 Days until big Family Trip
Lodging: TBD
ADRs: TBD (February 6, 2017)
FP+: TBD (June 6, 2017)

OCTOBER 21-28 2017:
337 Days until Disney Cruise Line - 7-night Canada Coast with Marvel Day at Sea on Disney Magic

OCTOBER 30 - NOVEMBER 4 2017:
346 Days until Halloween and 9-year Anniversary plus Food & Wine at WDW
ADRs: TBD (May 3, 2017)
FP+: TBD (Aug 31, 2017)

Whew I finally typed up all the dates for the trips next year! And I can't believe it's only 2 weeks until we leave for WDW! Actually I can't even believe it's Thanksgiving next week. I'm completely unprepared for the holidays. I was actually in Hawaii last week with DH and some friends. We had a fantastic time! I will share some pictures and a mini TR soon.

The day we left for Hawaii was ADR day for May 2017! So I made them on the fly on my phone while on the way to the airport that morning. I was so unprepared for this, I was not sure what I ended up making and I will most likely change some of these ADRs.

ADRs for May 3-7 2017:

May 3rd: I will try and book a morning flight. Dinner 4:10pm 'Ohana then head to MK for Wishes.
May 4th: Lunch 1:20pm Brown Derby, hoping to book SW Fireworks dessert party for tonight if they offer it!
May 5th: Late lunch 3:50pm San Angel Inn. Figured we would be eating at F&G during the day. Not sure if we'll even need an ADR today. Maybe will switch to an early dinner at 5pm then be out in time to watch RoL or Illuminations or any other show.
May 6th: PPO Breakfast at BoG 8:15am. Dinner ADR 9:30pm at Flyinh Fish. Not sure why I ended up making such a late ADR. Think I was hoping to see Fantasmic or RoL or another show during the evening. I am not sure I'll keep it, FF looks good but we have restaurants like that in NYC and I think I may want a character meal or something more unique instead.
May 7th: Our departure day, lunch will be at Beaches n Cream at 12pm. Most likely we'll get an evening flight back home. which makes me think I should just move Beaches n Cream for later in the day so we can leave whatever park we're in, eat, then go back to the resort to catch ME.

I realize I don't have a character meal booked so I may swap something out for one. Probably a good time to try Cape May cafe for breakfast since we'll be at the Boardwalk and will be close by.

Stay tuned for a quick recap of Hawaii!

Lots and lots and lots of trips! I'm so envious! One day, when I win the lottery, I will do a year of Disney...HAHAHA. Or I'll just live vicariously through you! Yes, do Cape May! It was one of my faves from June! Otherwise, it looks good. I'm going to try to squeeze in Beaches and Cream on our next trip. Looks yummy!

That's cool! We should definitely plan to meet up if you will be there at the same time!
I am holding out for RoL for all my trips! I've set aside time in the evenings where nothing is going on so I can hopefully book some sort of RoL package if there is one, or at least catch the "soft opening" stages of it.
Are Illuminations different during the holidays? It's so hard to figure out dinner plans when there is so much going on in the evening.
I am kinda bummed SW fireworks is temporarily replaced by Jingle Bam. I mean, enough with Christmas already...I'm already doing CP and MVMCP, so I could have used a good dose of SW to get my sanity back! Haha.
But I hope to catch it in February and hopefully May. I will be in DHS on May the 4th, and how cool would it be to do the SW Fireworks dessert party then? I also really want to do Club Villain. But there is no time to do so during the Dec trip and I haven't seen any dates into February yet.
I'm hoping Frozen isn't a big let down. I mean, it looks cool and I do want to ride it but I know it's a short ride as Maelstrom was so short. Luckily we have FP+ for it.

I haven't seen holiday Illuminations yet, but I believe it replaces the regular one at least during December, maybe late November too. I don't know if it's massively different or just has a slightly different ending. I know about the ADRs. However, I think I am not going to worry about the tree thing at Disney Springs, which helps some. We might try to hit the drone show though:sad2:

Frozen wasn't bad. I like Maelstrom better though. The AA are really nice in Frozen though. It's definitely worth seeing. We just prefer Soarin'. We are skipping TT this trip too, since we won't be at rope drop at Epcot and they have the FP tiering:(

Oh wow, I didn't realize it was so many trips you're taking until I saw it all typed out :earseek:

Was following along on Instagram of your Hawaiian adventures, can't wait to read all about it!

Wow! You have so many great trips planned! I'll have to check into the Canadian cruises on DCL. There aren't very many new itineraries leaving from the US for me. We will have sailed most of them by 2017.

FEBRUARY 23-28 2017:
97 Days until Princess 5k and my birthday trip!

OH! Thanks for reminding me of this. I need to put it on my to do list for my Feb. trip as well.

So many trips!!!! I've got trip envy for sure. Your ADR's for May look great, we really liked Ohana dinner.

Wow...that's just a whole lotta Disney lol and I'm jealous!! But looks like sooo much fun!! All that eating and stuff lol

Lots and lots and lots of trips! I'm so envious! One day, when I win the lottery, I will do a year of Disney...HAHAHA. Or I'll just live vicariously through you! Yes, do Cape May! It was one of my faves from June! Otherwise, it looks good. I'm going to try to squeeze in Beaches and Cream on our next trip. Looks yummy!

Yeah it's really going to be a $$$ year for Disney, meaning Disney will just take all my money, but I don't have any other trips planned other than WDW all year!

You have convinced me to try Cape May! I saw the cute pics on your TR! I need to have a character meal so I think this will be it. I have to decide which day to do it on.

I have always wanted to eat at Beaches n Cream...I want that Mickey sink sundae dish so badly!

I haven't seen holiday Illuminations yet, but I believe it replaces the regular one at least during December, maybe late November too. I don't know if it's massively different or just has a slightly different ending. I know about the ADRs. However, I think I am not going to worry about the tree thing at Disney Springs, which helps some. We might try to hit the drone show though:sad2:

That's cool that there will be a holiday version of Illuminations. I am thinking I will be holiday'ed out though by the time this trip is over. I am not a huge celebratory holiday person, but I think a few rounds of glogg will do me good. I haven't even looked into the things happening at Disney Springs. I figured I should just focus on a few key things or else I won't be able to fit anything else on this trip!

Frozen wasn't bad. I like Maelstrom better though. The AA are really nice in Frozen though. It's definitely worth seeing. We just prefer Soarin'. We are skipping TT this trip too, since we won't be at rope drop at Epcot and they have the FP tiering:(

Yeah the tiering system is a bummer. I FP'ed soarin and Frozen so hopefully I can do TT at rope drop. I wonder how the crowds will be during that weekend we're there. I assume the Holiday crowds will not be at full force yet but it may be more crowded than this past Feb.

Oh wow, I didn't realize it was so many trips you're taking until I saw it all typed out :earseek:

Was following along on Instagram of your Hawaiian adventures, can't wait to read all about it!

Thanks! Yeah it's kinda insane how many trips we're going to take but I want to make full use of the annual passes! Milk them for all they are worth, really, since Disney will be taking all my money for lodging and meals!

Wow! You have so many great trips planned! I'll have to check into the Canadian cruises on DCL. There aren't very many new itineraries leaving from the US for me. We will have sailed most of them by 2017.

It's really exciting to see them leave from NYC! Next October can't come soon enough.

OH! Thanks for reminding me of this. I need to put it on my to do list for my Feb. trip as well.

So many trips!!!! I've got trip envy for sure. Your ADR's for May look great, we really liked Ohana dinner.

My Christmas morning will be busy for sure! LOL
Thanks! I can't wait to start of the year of Disney in less than 2 weeks!

Wow...that's just a whole lotta Disney lol and I'm jealous!! But looks like sooo much fun!! All that eating and stuff lol

Haha, I still can't believe we will be doing so many trips in one year. I've never even gone more than once in a calendar year. It's like a dream!

I'm going to be really interesting in hearing about this one now as I just realized this is an itinerary that I would love to sail on! That gives me a couple more years of Disney cruises that I want to take!

Haha it would be cool if you both could go on this cruise too! I hope this Marvel Day at Sea thing is fun and they will continue it for many sailings to come. I also can't wait to set foot on Prince Edward Island!

PTR Update as of 11/28 - December Trip is 4 days away!!

Upcoming Trip Dates:

DECEMBER 2-7 2016:
4 days until we leave for WDW for holiday and DH's BDAY celebrations!
Lodging: WDW Dolphin
FP+: Complete

FEBRUARY 23-28 2017:
87 Days until Princess 5k and my birthday trip!

MAY 3-7 2017:
156 Days until May the 4th Trip for F&G!
Lodging: Boardwalk Garden View Studio
FP+: In 106 days! (March 4, 2017)

AUGUST 5-12 2017:
250 Days until big Family Trip
ADRs: TBD (February 6, 2017)
FP+: TBD (June 6, 2017)

OCTOBER 21-28 2017:
327 Days until Disney Cruise Line - 7-night Canada Coast with Marvel Day at Sea on Disney Magic

OCTOBER 30 - NOVEMBER 4 2017:
336 Days until Halloween and 9-year Anniversary plus Food & Wine at WDW
ADRs: TBD (May 3, 2017)
FP+: TBD (Aug 31, 2017)

Hi everyone! I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving! I was the host this year for my family so it was just non-stop cooking, cleaning, and then cleaning some more! Whew. I put up my Christmas tree already but we're going to wait until after our Dec trip to put up some lights on the outside of the house. We have friends that come over to help and they can help climb the roof to hang lights from there. I hope it looks cool! I also realize I need more ornaments on my tree so maybe I will pick one or two up on this coming trip.

We saw Moana on Saturday and I loved it. I am not an emotional movie-watching person, but I cry at every single Disney movie and this was no exception. I thought the story was great, and the voice work awesome...and that music! It was fantastic! I really enjoyed it. I am going to see Hamilton in March next year (sadly no Lin-Manuel Miranda anymore) so I am very excited to see that.

I can't believe it's already the week that we leave for WDW!! I think I have everything set. Just a few things I need to remember to do, like print out our vouchers for our annual passes, signup for Tables in Wonderland, etc. I'm using the same magic bands that we got in February but if I see a band I like at WDW I may get another one.

Here's our final plan: Nothing's really changed except I've added back the Yachtsman Steakhouse for a late dinner on Dec 5. I know Rivers of Light had CM previews this past weekend but I'm not sure when they will soft open. I also heard that it's a technically wonderful show but also incredibly boring...boring? At Disney? Hard to believe but we'll see. Also they had a few technical glitches in the show. If they so happen to be showing Rivers of Light that night, I think we can still see it as the park closes at 7pm that day and our ADR at Yachtsman is not until closer to 9pm.

Friday Dec 2nd:
9:50pm flight from Newark with late night arrival at Orlando ~ midnight
Happy Limo to The WDW Dolphin

Saturday Dec 3rd:
Morning in AK, not sure we could make rope drop due to our late night but we have a few things to do as well - at guest services sign up for Tables in Wonderland and pick up Annual Passes
See if we could ride the Safari, meet Safari Minnie and Mickey and go to Rafiki's Planet Watch. Maybe DH will do EE.
Hop to Epcot
12:40pm Soarin' Over The World
1:40pm Character Spot
3:10pm Living with the Land
4:10pm Restaurant Marrakesh Candlelight Processional Dinner Package
6:45pm Candlelight Processional - Whoopie Goldberg is the narrator.
9:00pm Illuminations (Holiday Version?)

Sunday Dec 4th:
Morning in MK
9:05am BTMRR
10:50am PeterPan's Flight
12:25pm California Grill Brunch at the Top
Return to MK after brunch
3:25pm Seven Dwarves Mine Train
Evening - Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!

Monday Dec 5th:
Rope Drop Epcot - gonna do Test Track standby
9:30am Spaceship Earth
10:30am Character Spot
11:35am Via Napoli Lunch
2:05pm Frozen Ever After
Open until dinner - maybe if warm, we'll head to the pool, or DTD (maybe checkout that Christmas Tree thing), or if they finally have it, RoL at AK.
8:45pm Yachtsman Steakhouse Dinner

Tuesday Dec 6th:
DHS all day
Thinking of picking up some quick service breakfast at Boardwalk Bakery
9:05am Star Tours
10:45am Toy Story Midway Mania
12:45 Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
Was gonna try PizzeRizzo for late lunch.
5:45pm Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM Dessert Party!
Evening - Hop over to Epcot EMH!
Hopefully they have their Holidays Around the World food kiosks still out during EMH so we could try some of the Holiday treats. Although after the dessert party, we will probably not want anything sweet.

Wednesday Dec 7th: Departure Day :(
We may start the day off at MK and head to Epcot in the afternoon. I only made FP+ for Epcot.
Check out of hotel in the morning, leave luggage with bellhop.
Try and make it to MK for rope drop, ride 7DMT, Space Mountain, and do the rides we haven't done yet.
Hor over to Epcot
12:40 Spaceship Earth
1:15pm Garden Grill Lunch
1:50pm Character Spot
3:00pm Frozen Ever After (If after riding this the first time we dont' like it to ride a second, then we may swap this FP out for Soarin')
May grab something from Less Halles as a snack before airport or to eat at the airport.
~4:30pm Head back to resort - we may walk if the weather is nice.
5:30pm Happy Limo back to Orlando Airport

4 more days! Woohoo!
I promise to share some pictures of Hawaii in my next post. I have all my pictures uploaded and done so I'm excited to share them!

I know what you mean about Disney movies they always make me cry too.

I'm doubting that ROL will be ready yet for our trip too especially now that it's so close.

Have fun! We leave right around when you get back, and I can't wait to see Christimastime at Disney!

Yea!!! 4 more days!! We are staying the night in Denver on Friday night, our flight is Saturday morning @ 8:00. We should get in around 5:30 because we have a layover in ATL. We also have a FP for BTMRR but it starts @9:30am. Maybe BTMRR meet up if I don't see you earlier ??

I'll send you a text either Saturday night after we get checked into WL or Sunday morning, we plan on being at MK for rope drop, do you guys usually get there early? Can't wait to meet you and Steve! :goodvibes

Have a safe travel day!

Oh my goodness I have been so behind! What is wrong with me???

So excited about your year of Disney- we actually just made ADRs for a May family trip as well, which was super duper fun :) We don't have too many, but Will and I may end up adding one for just us, we'll see.

I can't believe you'll be there so soon - we took a short December trip last year and it was really wonderful. I think the holidays at Disney are something really special - so exciting that you'll get to do the Christmas Party and the Dessert Party, even if there aren't Star Wars fireworks :/

Also very excited about the February trip and DisMeet! I think Trader Sams is a distinct possibility if it's not insane to get in - I love that place :)

Can't wait to read more and to see some Hawaii pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!