Chunkymonkey & Chubbyhubby's Year of Disney PTR! NEW 12/27 THE END and New TR Link!

BTW, I love your hair a bit shorter. You would think that it wouldn't look much different, because it's still long, but somehow it looks better, maybe more energetic:confused3 It's probably way easier to care for too. I haven't had my hair past just below my chin in years, since maybe I was a child, except for my tail, which hits the middle of my back. I can't imagine having long hair anymore.

Love your hair cut BTW...

Thank you! Still getting used to it. It's funny I don't feel that it's short but then I'll pass by a mirror and I'll be like, woah, my hair is so short! hahaha.

This is so exciting that you have so many!!

Yes!! So much fun meeting other Disney-crazed people. It'll be nice to have a break from being "on schedule" all the time!

I was looking through your plans and comparing them to ours. I see potential DisMeets on any of the following:

Aug 12 - if you end up going to DS, we will be there from about 4pm onwards for shopping and a QS dinner...so we could potentially meet and hang a bit
Aug 13 - We could possibly meet up with you at the Poly when you go for your break and then hang out that night - not sure we'll have the energy to go back to a park or do anything major, but we can play it by ear...
Aug 16 - we will be at AK in the afternoon so we could possibly meet there and hang a bit

Hopefully at least one or more of those will work out :)) I know you are coordinating a lot of schedules!! It's hard enough with just my DD and I so I can't imagine!

The 13 and 16th work for us! I'll PM you my contact info before the trip!
Actually on August 12th I'm gonna express bus it over to AK during the evening to meet up with @soniam. I've also added a dinner at Tusker house around 7pm. It was amazingly available for 15 of us so I booked it. I did this because I also realized we don't have scheduled time at AK at night and I wanted to see Pandora all lit up. I'm sure it'll be packed since it's Saturday but that was the only day I could fit it in without screwing up another plan.

Your organizational chart is amazing! I have something similar, but way more basic. It looks like you have a really fun trip coming up. My next trip actually overlaps with yours I'll be there the last three days of your trip.

Thank you! It was a lot of work! But I like having my plans laid out on one spreadsheet to see.
That's awesome! BTW, I loved your review of Victoria and Alberts. I'll be reading your latest TR soon. Hope August is not too hot, the end of May was already unbearable!

I asked DH last night, just to be sure. He was like "Why would I want to do that party again? Especially when I am already paying for a party ticket." I had to laugh. I knew he would say that. We just really disliked our Wishes dessert party experience. Even our son didn't like, but he did keep getting jabbed intentionally in the head by some guy's (adult) elbow:sad2: So, I don't know what it would take to get us back, maybe alcohol:rolleyes:

HAHA that's funny. And yes, ALCOHOL would be key for me to do that party again.

Looking forward to meeting up with you. If the August trip becomes too hectic, don't worry; we have November:D Luckily, 8/12 is a pretty chill day for us once we arrive back from the port. I suspect we will arrive back pretty early, since we have first dinner seating. We have some FP+ and an ADR at Tusker House for dinner, but those are all at night. I can't believe I booked a buffet the day after a cruise:eek: I did get the ROL package for both Tiffins, earlier in the trip, and then for TH later, just in case it got rained out. I don't know if we will do both shows though. We might hang out at AKL in the afternoon and swim or look at animals. I am hoping to spend some time chilin' at Nomad Lounge too:drinking1

Oh hey, I booked a Tusker House dinner today on the 12th for my family! I realized we did not have time in AK at night and I wanted us all to see Pandora. So even though we don't have FPs for AK we're just going to be there for dinner and to walk around Pandora. I just hope it's not too crazy busy just to get INTO the land! Our dinner is for 6:50 pm. When is your dinner?

Your plans look amazing!!! Also taking note of your planning sheet - might have to steal a few ideas as I'm always tweaking my standard "plan sheet"!

Thank you!! And yes steal away, but it's not really stealing since I've stole so many ideas from other Disboarders (like Billie!) So I'm just gonna think of it as the communal worksheet. Hehe.

And DOH I accidentally left your off our my Aug DISmeet list! Not intentionally of course, since we are having a meal together we're beyond just a Dismeet, right? :flower3:

YES!!! Can't pass up F&W opportunities :thumbsup2

Gosh I want to eat so many things...and make more ADRs. I need to eat everything!

It looks amazing!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

Thank you!!! :blush:

BTW, I love your hair a bit shorter. You would think that it wouldn't look much different, because it's still long, but somehow it looks better, maybe more energetic:confused3 It's probably way easier to care for too. I haven't had my hair past just below my chin in years, since maybe I was a child, except for my tail, which hits the middle of my back. I can't imagine having long hair anymore.

Thank you! It is quite a difference in caring for it. Although I haven't figured out how I want to wear it so I've just been wearing it straight for now until I figure out a way to have that nice wavy bob that so many people are sporting these days.

I had no idea you had a tail! I have to see this in person!

The 13 and 16th work for us! I'll PM you my contact info before the trip!
Actually on August 12th I'm gonna express bus it over to AK during the evening to meet up with @soniam. I've also added a dinner at Tusker house around 7pm. It was amazingly available for 15 of us so I booked it. I did this because I also realized we don't have scheduled time at AK at night and I wanted to see Pandora all lit up. I'm sure it'll be packed since it's Saturday but that was the only day I could fit it in without screwing up another plan.

Wow, I'm impressed you got a big ADR for Tusker house!! Impressive!! So yeah the 13th and/or the 16th would be perfect. I also managed to snag an 11:30 breakfast/brunch at O'Hana for the 12th since I couldn't get dinner, I figured that was the next best thing! I know you will be busy in MK that day, but if you happen to be around we'll be at the Poly for a bit lol :)

I will send you my contact info closer as well. That way we can also text when we are there!

Your hair looks awesome BTW. It's funny when you cut a few inches off it can make a huge difference in how you feel lol

First off Su-Lynn, you are one of the most detail oriented people I know (well, know from the Dis). 8-) And, I mean that as a HUGE compliment, because I'm the exact, same way...:P

Your hair is adorable!!!!!!!!!:-)

We leave for Florida in 12 days, and will be back in WDW on July 2nd, for 4 glorious nights at CSR. If you want to read about my many adventures, check out my pre trip report, currently titled:
3 Trips in 4 Months! WOO! HOO! UPDATED 6/16

(I'm technologically challenged, and haven't quite figured out how to post a link). :yay:

Oh hey, I booked a Tusker House dinner today on the 12th for my family! I realized we did not have time in AK at night and I wanted us all to see Pandora. So even though we don't have FPs for AK we're just going to be there for dinner and to walk around Pandora. I just hope it's not too crazy busy just to get INTO the land! Our dinner is for 6:50 pm. When is your dinner?

Thank you! It is quite a difference in caring for it. Although I haven't figured out how I want to wear it so I've just been wearing it straight for now until I figure out a way to have that nice wavy bob that so many people are sporting these days.

I had no idea you had a tail! I have to see this in person!

I completely missed that you have TH in your schedule for that day:) Our ADR is for 6:05pm, so we might cross paths then. Our FOP FP is the first one after dinner though. I set it for 6:30pm, so I could get stuff out of the way before ROL. Hopefully, TH won't run too long. We then have Safari at 7:30pm, but I want to do it closer to sunset. DS hasn't got to do it during sunset yet. We have EE at 8:30pm and then ROL is at 9:15pm. As it gets closer, let me know where/when you want to meet and we can have a DIS Meet:woohoo:

My tail doesn't show up in most pictures, because it's right down the middle of my back. I have had it since Junior High and just can't see to get rid of it. It's a little bit of a pain, because I unbraid it every morning to take a shower and then braid it afterward. It's pretty much as long as it can get now, because my arms will only reach so far to braid it:rotfl2:

I love the spreadsheet!!! Did everyone get a copy? I hope they appreciate how much work you've put into this trip.

We did a family trip in January with two of our daughters and their families. While it was a lot of fun, my husband and I found time a couple of the days to walk around by ourselves. We did really long days in the parks and a variety of personalities made for a few interesting moments!

Your hair looks great! You are so photogenic!

Your spreadsheet is so much more detailed than mine! But I suppose if you're planning for 13 people, you really need to be!

Not sure if you've been keeping up at all on my TR, but some changes have been made, they aren't concrete, well the first change is, but the second is still up in there pending moving and renovation, however, if the plans do come to fruition, our trips will overlap by three days for your Oct-Nov trip. I have made no plans, since I don't even know if we'll be taking the trip, but I do have eight days booked at SSR leaving on Nov. 2. If it does come to fruition, I'd love to meet up, even if it's just something like hitting a few kiosks together at the F&W Festival.

And yes steal away, but it's not really stealing since I've stole so many ideas from other Disboarders (like Billie!)
Yes! I remember her planning sheets were super hardcore, loved them! ::yes:: I miss her here... :sad1:

So I'm just gonna think of it as the communal worksheet. Hehe.
:thumbsup2

And DOH I accidentally left your off our my Aug DISmeet list! Not intentionally of course, since we are having a meal together we're beyond just a Dismeet, right? :flower3:
Oh, gosh, it didn't even phase me - I got super excited though when I saw my name on your planning sheet!!! :goodvibes Yes, a meal is taking a meet up a notch ;)

Gosh I want to eat so many things...and make more ADRs. I need to eat everything!
It's so important to come to Disney with an insatiable appetite. I always bring mine! :rotfl:

Love (and need) that spreadsheet!

I cannot wait to hear about this August trip - it sounds like a lot of fun, but a whole lot of organization :P My husband still talks about a big family trip they took when he was younger, so I think it will be a great memory for everyone even though it may have been a lot of work to set up.

I need to try to make some rain contingency plans for our October trip...I'm a little worried about that one, but it is what it is. Can't wait for Food and Wine though - we only have one lone reservation for our short trip because I'm pretty sure we're just going to try and eat everything at Epcot :P

Wow, I'm impressed you got a big ADR for Tusker house!! Impressive!! So yeah the 13th and/or the 16th would be perfect. I also managed to snag an 11:30 breakfast/brunch at O'Hana for the 12th since I couldn't get dinner, I figured that was the next best thing! I know you will be busy in MK that day, but if you happen to be around we'll be at the Poly for a bit lol :)

I know! It was sort of spur of the moment so I'm lucky I got it and snagged it.
We'll definitely have plenty of DISmeets I'm sure! I'll let you know what we'll be doing in the afternoon after your Ohana breakfast. It's too bad you can't get dinner but at least you'll get to meet Stitch and friends :)

I will send you my contact info closer as well. That way we can also text when we are there!

:thumbsup2

Your hair looks awesome BTW. It's funny when you cut a few inches off it can make a huge difference in how you feel lol

Thank you! It definitely feels like a weight off my shoulders, literally, LOL

First off Su-Lynn, you are one of the most detail oriented people I know (well, know from the Dis). 8-) And, I mean that as a HUGE compliment, because I'm the exact, same way...:P

Aww thank you! I am usually not this detailed when DH and I travel on our own to WDW anymore, but since this is such a big trip with so many moving pieces, I felt like I had to break out the
"big" guns.

Your hair is adorable!!!!!!!!!:-)

Thank you!! :blush:

We leave for Florida in 12 days, and will be back in WDW on July 2nd, for 4 glorious nights at CSR. If you want to read about my many adventures, check out my pre trip report, currently titled:
3 Trips in 4 Months! WOO! HOO! UPDATED 6/16

Doing so right now!

I completely missed that you have TH in your schedule for that day:) Our ADR is for 6:05pm, so we might cross paths then. Our FOP FP is the first one after dinner though. I set it for 6:30pm, so I could get stuff out of the way before ROL. Hopefully, TH won't run too long. We then have Safari at 7:30pm, but I want to do it closer to sunset. DS hasn't got to do it during sunset yet. We have EE at 8:30pm and then ROL is at 9:15pm. As it gets closer, let me know where/when you want to meet and we can have a DIS Meet:woohoo:

Haha I added it after I posted my first draft spreadsheet, so I re-edited it. I will come and say hi when we're in Tusker, you will probably just be finishing up. Although the last time we were in Tusker our lunch was 1.5 hours as it took time for all the characters to get to us. I don't remember it being that long before though. Did you hear they are now opening AK until midnight for EMH during that week? That is pretty cool. I'm sure FOP will still be insane waits but maybe that means we can get on the Navi River Ride without a need for FP+. I can't wait to see it at night.

My tail doesn't show up in most pictures, because it's right down the middle of my back. I have had it since Junior High and just can't see to get rid of it. It's a little bit of a pain, because I unbraid it every morning to take a shower and then braid it afterward. It's pretty much as long as it can get now, because my arms will only reach so far to braid it:rotfl2:

Wow that must have taken a lot of determination to not snip it off when you cut the rest of your hair!

I love the spreadsheet!!! Did everyone get a copy? I hope they appreciate how much work you've put into this trip.

Thank you! Yes I have been sending out the file whenever I update it and as we get closer to the trip I will print them out in color for everyone. :)

We did a family trip in January with two of our daughters and their families. While it was a lot of fun, my husband and I found time a couple of the days to walk around by ourselves. We did really long days in the parks and a variety of personalities made for a few interesting moments!

I enjoy having the solo time in the parks and i'm sure I'll REALLY appreciate some time to do things on our own in August!

Your hair looks great! You are so photogenic!

Thank you!! It was just nice lighting and a nice angle. :blush:

Your spreadsheet is so much more detailed than mine! But I suppose if you're planning for 13 people, you really need to be!

Oh definitely! I am usually not as detailed when it's just Steve and I. I usually just make a short list of things and then use the app for everything else, but I guess for newbies...it's a must!

Not sure if you've been keeping up at all on my TR, but some changes have been made, they aren't concrete, well the first change is, but the second is still up in there pending moving and renovation, however, if the plans do come to fruition, our trips will overlap by three days for your Oct-Nov trip. I have made no plans, since I don't even know if we'll be taking the trip, but I do have eight days booked at SSR leaving on Nov. 2. If it does come to fruition, I'd love to meet up, even if it's just something like hitting a few kiosks together at the F&W Festival.

I need to catch up on your Cruise TR! I have not really been on the cruise boards that much. But will definitely catch up soon, hopefully tonight.
That's awesome you will be there in Oct/Nov! We should definitely meet up. Very excited about all the DISMeets i'm going to have this year!

Yes! I remember her planning sheets were super hardcore, loved them! ::yes:: I miss her here... :sad1:

Yes, we miss Billie!!

Oh, gosh, it didn't even phase me - I got super excited though when I saw my name on your planning sheet!!! :goodvibes Yes, a meal is taking a meet up a notch ;)

You made the master spreadsheet!! :thumbsup2
I will probably make my own version of the spreadsheet with all my Dismeets on it just for me!

It's so important to come to Disney with an insatiable appetite. I always bring mine! :rotfl:

There is no other way to go to Disney...you must be exceptionally hungry all the time!!

Love (and need) that spreadsheet!

LOL I can send you a copy if you like! It really is just a very big timetable. :thumbsup2

I cannot wait to hear about this August trip - it sounds like a lot of fun, but a whole lot of organization :P My husband still talks about a big family trip they took when he was younger, so I think it will be a great memory for everyone even though it may have been a lot of work to set up.

Definitely the memories will be worth all the effort. At least I hope it will!

I need to try to make some rain contingency plans for our October trip...I'm a little worried about that one, but it is what it is. Can't wait for Food and Wine though - we only have one lone reservation for our short trip because I'm pretty sure we're just going to try and eat everything at Epcot :P

Yeah...I currently do not have any rain plans. I guess "pack the poncho and hope for the best" is my current way of thinking. :rotfl:

Haha I added it after I posted my first draft spreadsheet, so I re-edited it. I will come and say hi when we're in Tusker, you will probably just be finishing up. Although the last time we were in Tusker our lunch was 1.5 hours as it took time for all the characters to get to us. I don't remember it being that long before though. Did you hear they are now opening AK until midnight for EMH during that week? That is pretty cool. I'm sure FOP will still be insane waits but maybe that means we can get on the Navi River Ride without a need for FP+. I can't wait to see it at night.

Wow that must have taken a lot of determination to not snip it off when you cut the rest of your hair!

I hope TH doesn't take that long. DS might be willing to give up if he thinks he will miss riding FOP. I saw that they added the extra time. I will have to see how late we are willing to stay up. I have been reading that Navi isn't bad most of the time. We only have 1 FP+ for it and plan to do it at rope drop the other day. We might try to sneak it on the 12th.

Your spreadsheet is beautiful and also makes my head spin since I didn't even know I had Excel on my computer until Steve showed me about 3 weeks ago :rotfl: Just call me a techno-loser!

Citricos in the Fall, awesome!! We love it there. Ask to sit in Rony's section, you won't be disappointed, he's fabulous.
I'm hoping we get to meet up in Aug. on the 12th in MK before you head to DS :goodvibes

Aug 12 - if you end up going to DS, we will be there from about 4pm onwards for shopping and a QS dinner...so we could potentially meet and hang a bit

Actually on August 12th I'm gonna express bus it over to AK during the evening to meet up with @soniam. I've also added a dinner at Tusker house around 7pm. It was amazingly available for 15 of us so I booked it
So I'be been following @KathyM2 PTR, lurking on yours (and TR's-think I am caught up now; love your reporting style!) so 1st-love the new hair cut! You take great pics (and selfies!! How do people DO that?? I look like I have a gazillion extra chins no matter the angle LOL!)
Looks like we overlap a few times-so if you see/hear a 47 year old average everything (seriously-the amount of people who have said to me "you remind me of my dtr/niece/sister etc) come up and say "are you chunkymonkey? aka Su-Lynn?" try not to scream too loudly :D The 12th is our all day AK day but planning to break after Tiffins lunch (1:30), probably grab dinner either in DS or at the new place in Pandora. We have the RoL dining package this day so we will definitely be there!

So I'be been following @KathyM2 PTR, lurking on yours (and TR's-think I am caught up now; love your reporting style!) so 1st-love the new hair cut! You take great pics (and selfies!! How do people DO that?? I look like I have a gazillion extra chins no matter the angle LOL!)

Hey how awesome would that be if we could all meet up!! I hope it works out!

Your spreadsheet is beautiful and also makes my head spin since I didn't even know I had Excel on my computer until Steve showed me about 3 weeks ago :rotfl: Just call me a techno-loser!

Ariane if you can use the MDE app, you are far from a techno loser!! But that is a very creative name. I'll have to remember that at work to call lame co-workers (and I work in IT, LOL)

Citricos in the Fall, awesome!! We love it there. Ask to sit in Rony's section, you won't be disappointed, he's fabulous.
I'm hoping we get to meet up in Aug. on the 12th in MK before you head to DS :goodvibes

OK! Will do!
Yes I will make sure we will meet! Steve and I plan to stay at MK until it's time to head to AK because I'm gonna make use of my Express Bus pass. I'm sure with Pandora on a Saturday night the bag lines for AK may be a little longer than I'd like. The rest of my family will probably need a break but since they will be so well-rested they can deal with the bag check, right? Haha. So excited my first day is filled with DISMeets!

Hi and welcome to my PTR (and TRs!)!! Thank you so much for the kind words. Trust me, the selfies posted are just one of about 12 attempts to get the perfect shot but you can see that I have not yet gotten the no-double-chin look down, but it's because I really have developed a double chin. I blame it on Disney, haha, I just eat so much while I'm there.

Looks like we overlap a few times-so if you see/hear a 47 year old average everything (seriously-the amount of people who have said to me "you remind me of my dtr/niece/sister etc) come up and say "are you chunkymonkey? aka Su-Lynn?" try not to scream too loudly :D The 12th is our all day AK day but planning to break after Tiffins lunch (1:30), probably grab dinner either in DS or at the new place in Pandora. We have the RoL dining package this day so we will definitely be there!

Hey how awesome would that be if we could all meet up!! I hope it works out!

I would really like that!!! Let's see if we can organize a DISmeet at AK!! So far our plans for the 12th are to stay at MK until early evening then DH and I will express bus it over to AK. The rest of my family will probably leave from the Poly - probably just in time for dinner, so I we'll have some time before our 6:50pm dinner at Tusker to wander around for a bit if you're up for meeting then. If not, we can always do it after dinner in Pandora as I'm dying to see it at night. Plus there is EMH until midnight!

@Monykalyn BTW it wouldn't be the first time that that has happened! It actually happened in May - it's coming up in my latest trip report :) And I'm pretty sure you are anything but average. Looking forward to meeting you!

Love your detailed spreadsheet!! I have one and I used it but I'm the weirdo that also wrote things down in a planner and subscribed to touring plans and created plans there for every day.

Like you, I made a very detailed plan but knew that it was probably too ambitious and we would need to make adjustments on the fly with children present. I'm sure you have thought of all of that, as well.

I'm glad you are getting some time at the end with just Steve, so that you guys can kind of decompress from the group situation!

Looking forward to seeing how much everyone enjoys themselves!!

Hi Su-Lynn! :hug: Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Your hair is so cute shorter! It had gotten really long!

Wow that spreadsheet is a sight to behold. I hope your family appreciates how much work you've put into planning this trip. You diserve a metal, or a crown or something!

forgot I added an extra night to the BEGINNING of our trip, but I forgot to change my reminder alert for our FP+ day to one day sooner.

I have done that a couple of times and freaked out the day I was supposed to do ADR's! It cracks Bob up that I get so worked up over it.

I guess I can't just leave anything ALONE even though I didn't really want it to change it in the first place. So without further ado, here i

You're preaching to the choir, Sister! That's the story of my life. :P

I also have to add in my DISMeets!

You're so lucky that you get to do so many awesome DISmeets!

Bus transport pass is only good for 7 consecutive days.

Too bad that you have to use the days consecutively. Would be nice if you could build break days in there.

our fall trip to the Grand Floridian

Ahh! I'm so jealous. The GF and the YC are the only two deluxe resorts I haven't stayed at yet. It's so beautiful!!

Love your detailed spreadsheet!! I have one and I used it but I'm the weirdo that also wrote things down in a planner and subscribed to touring plans and created plans there for every day.

Haha you are not weird, you are just a very good DIS-er!

Like you, I made a very detailed plan but knew that it was probably too ambitious and we would need to make adjustments on the fly with children present. I'm sure you have thought of all of that, as well.

I figured I can shift stuff around easily, althought for 15 people, may prove to be more challenging than I will anticipate. :scared:

I'm glad you are getting some time at the end with just Steve, so that you guys can kind of decompress from the group situation!

Looking forward to seeing how much everyone enjoys themselves!!

Thanks! Yes, I'm so glad we actually have 2 days of "adults only" time. Hahaha. I'm sure by the end of Day 1 I probably wished I scheduled at least 3 :rotfl:

Hi Su-Lynn! :hug: Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Your hair is so cute shorter! It had gotten really long!

Hi Kelly! I'm excited to hear all about your birthday trip!
Thank you!! I'm one of those people who hides behind her hair and I miss long hair too but it is sooo much quicker to style now! :bride:

Wow that spreadsheet is a sight to behold. I hope your family appreciates how much work you've put into planning this trip. You diserve a metal, or a crown or something!

Thank you! I will settle for a few dole whips (with rum) :P

I have done that a couple of times and freaked out the day I was supposed to do ADR's! It cracks Bob up that I get so worked up over it.

Haha, but that's what we do! We freak out over...ADRs and FPs!

You're preaching to the choir, Sister! That's the story of my life. :P

#lifeofadisboarder :rotfl:

You're so lucky that you get to do so many awesome DISmeets!

It's really cool! Although I'm sad we won't get to meet again this year :hug:

Too bad that you have to use the days consecutively. Would be nice if you could build break days in there.

Yeah that is my one issue with it. I am thinking I will not use it our first day and save it for the end, which happens to be Photopass Day!

Ahh! I'm so jealous. The GF and the YC are the only two deluxe resorts I haven't stayed at yet. It's so beautiful!!

After GF I will only have to stay at Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club to complete my deluxe hotel circle!

FP day is tomorrow for us, so I had to pop in and say I'm using your spreadsheet for inspiration after I get those booked ;)

Aww that's cool! I'm glad I'm able to help out!
Happy Disneymoon planning!

Did you book any F&W events today? I got the 4 we wanted: Tequila Lunch, V&A, Parisian Afternoon, and champagne seminar:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter