Chunkymonkey & Chubbyhubby's Year of Disney PTR! NEW 12/27 THE END and New TR Link!

Did you book any F&W events today? I got the 4 we wanted: Tequila Lunch, V&A, Parisian Afternoon, and champagne seminar:)

Oh crap, I totally forgot! I'm gonna look now. Is it only for the weekends? We're not really there for a weekend but I'm gonna go look now.

Oh crap, I totally forgot! I'm gonna look now. Is it only for the weekends? We're not really there for a weekend but I'm gonna go look now.

Which dates are you going to these events?

Sorry to reply so late. DH is out of town on business, so I am single parenting it for the week. They have events on week days and weekends. They are only booking AP & DVC right now. Tomorrow morning it's open to everyone. If they are out of something today, try again tomorrow morning. They only hold so many for early booking.

Tequila Lunch 11/2
V&A 11/3
Parisian Afternoon 11/4
Champagne tasting 11/5

I'm late but I'm here!

Hi Ali!! I'm so happy you're back on the DIS! It's like old times!!

Sorry to reply so late. DH is out of town on business, so I am single parenting it for the week. They have events on week days and weekends. They are only booking AP & DVC right now. Tomorrow morning it's open to everyone. If they are out of something today, try again tomorrow morning. They only hold so many for early booking.

Tequila Lunch 11/2
V&A 11/3
Parisian Afternoon 11/4
Champagne tasting 11/5

LOL no problem I'm sure it's quite a busy week for you!!
So here's what I booked so far:
Wine tasting on Sept 4th (tail end of our Universal Orlando trip)
Wine Tasting on October 31st
French Family Meal Nov 5th
I was thinking of parisienne afternoon but I think DH would prefer a meal instead of mostly sweets and sandwiches. So that's why I booked the family lunch the next day.
I wanted V and A but the CM said she couldn't find anything. I don't know if she was the right cm as she didn't seem to have a grasp of the f and w events. It's a pricey meal too! I will cancel our original plan for V and A on the 2nd if we do find availability. I also wanted the Hibachi experience on Oct 30th - seems pretty cool and they used premium cuts of meat and had some nice sakes it seemed.

Tequila Lunch 11/2
V&A 11/3
Parisian Afternoon 11/4
Champagne tasting 11/5

OK I managed to get Victoria and Alberts on 11/3! This is literally the most expensive meal I've ever eaten.
But considering we did the 5k that morning, and it's our anniversary - think it's justified. Well, that's what I have to convince DH. :)

I tried to book the Hibachi Experience too but that wasn't coming up as available for the CMs so I have to keep trying.

OK I managed to get Victoria and Alberts on 11/3! This is literally the most expensive meal I've ever eaten.
But considering we did the 5k that morning, and it's our anniversary - think it's justified. Well, that's what I have to convince DH. :)

I tried to book the Hibachi Experience too but that wasn't coming up as available for the CMs so I have to keep trying.

I'm using my upcoming birthday as an excuse;) It will be the most expensive meal we have eaten too. When I talked with V&A at 180 days out, she said that a wine pairing would be included in the cost. I haven't found any reviews or menus from past events though. Some descriptions made me think that some of their normal upcharge items, like real Japanese beef and caviar, might be included too. However, that's just an assumption on my part. But, if you add in the wine pairing and upcharge costs to the QV room/10 course meal, it's not that over the top in price:rolleyes:

Is this the V&A F&W event meal? I'm sure it will be fantastic!

I booked a Tequila Lunch, the French Lunch the Friday + a week before yours, and a Mediterranean Lunch on the day you two arrive. It sounds like you got some great events and should really enjoy them!

I'm using my upcoming birthday as an excuse;) It will be the most expensive meal we have eaten too. When I talked with V&A at 180 days out, she said that a wine pairing would be included in the cost. I haven't found any reviews or menus from past events though. Some descriptions made me think that some of their normal upcharge items, like real Japanese beef and caviar, might be included too. However, that's just an assumption on my part. But, if you add in the wine pairing and upcharge costs to the QV room/10 course meal, it's not that over the top in price:rolleyes:

You're probably right! But I don't' think I can drink that much during dinner. I 'd sort of lose my tastebuds a bit. That's why Steve and I usually share a pairing. I asked if we could do just one pairing but they said no, it's a fixed price. I'm pretty sure, and counting on it, that there will be some kobe beef, caviar, crab, lobster, truffles, and ALL THE GOOD THINGS to make it worth 650 pp. Well, 650 + tax. :faint:

Here's the only actual review of a dinner but it's from 2008. at 375 it's a relative bargain! LOL
https://www.disboards.com/threads/v...dinner-epcot-food-wine-festival-2008.2233133/

I'm happy you will be going to this too though! I assume your son isn't going? What will he do instead?

Is this the V&A F&W event meal? I'm sure it will be fantastic!

Yup! This is the F&W Event! I'm incredibly excited and also somewhat guilty I booked that expensive of a meal. This is more expensive than even the most expensive restaurant in NYC, which I think is at 450 pp (although I do not think the wine pairing is included in that). But let's hope that this experience is as fantastic as you say!

I booked a Tequila Lunch, the French Lunch the Friday + a week before yours, and a Mediterranean Lunch on the day you two arrive. It sounds like you got some great events and should really enjoy them!

Sounds like great events for you guys too! I'm especially interested in the French lunch - my first time in Monsieur Paul. I used to be obsessed with all french cuisine about 20 years ago, and I feel that obsession re-emerging again. I'm looking forward to this!!

Sounds like great events for you guys too! I'm especially interested in the French lunch - my first time in Monsieur Paul. I used to be obsessed with all french cuisine about 20 years ago, and I feel that obsession re-emerging again. I'm looking forward to this!!

This will be our third French Lunch and they are so much fun! Not only is the food good, the wine is flowing, and we have not had bad company at our table yet! Last year it was sponsored by Le Creuset and the main was served in one of their cute little ceramic tureens. Everything was so good, and just in case I blocked out the rest of the day in case we need to go back to the room for a nap!

I'm sure you'll love it, although I hope you won't still be full from V&A's the night before!

You're probably right! But I don't' think I can drink that much during dinner. I 'd sort of lose my tastebuds a bit. That's why Steve and I usually share a pairing. I asked if we could do just one pairing but they said no, it's a fixed price. I'm pretty sure, and counting on it, that there will be some kobe beef, caviar, crab, lobster, truffles, and ALL THE GOOD THINGS to make it worth 650 pp. Well, 650 + tax. :faint:

Here's the only actual review of a dinner but it's from 2008. at 375 it's a relative bargain! LOL
https://www.disboards.com/threads/v...dinner-epcot-food-wine-festival-2008.2233133/

I'm happy you will be going to this too though! I assume your son isn't going? What will he do instead?

I'm getting so excited:woohoo:That food looks amazing! I wonder if we can get a table together. We'll have to ask. Our son is staying home while grammy watches him. He has school so can't really come to Orlando. He would hate that place:(

This will be our third French Lunch and they are so much fun! Not only is the food good, the wine is flowing, and we have not had bad company at our table yet! Last year it was sponsored by Le Creuset and the main was served in one of their cute little ceramic tureens. Everything was so good, and just in case I blocked out the rest of the day in case we need to go back to the room for a nap!

I'm sure you'll love it, although I hope you won't still be full from V&A's the night before!

Actually I'll have a day to recover form V&As before our French Lunch. I love Le Creuset cookware, I don't cook much but I've made stews and soups in my dutch oven that have been great!

I'm getting so excited:woohoo:That food looks amazing! I wonder if we can get a table together. We'll have to ask. Our son is staying home while grammy watches him. He has school so can't really come to Orlando. He would hate that place:(

We should totally get a table together if we can! I wonder if the entire restaurant is reserved for this event? It must be. I tried to book Nov 3rd originally when I called to book 180 days out but nothing was available. I guess they were saving it for this event!

Actually I'll have a day to recover form V&As before our French Lunch. I love Le Creuset cookware, I don't cook much but I've made stews and soups in my dutch oven that have been great!

We should totally get a table together if we can! I wonder if the entire restaurant is reserved for this event? It must be. I tried to book Nov 3rd originally when I called to book 180 days out but nothing was available. I guess they were saving it for this event!

I thought about the French lunch, but the Parisian Afternoon seemed lighter and more appealing. I think the idea of unlimited mimosas didn't hurt either:) I too have some Le Creuset cookware. I also like my Staub pan; it's usually what I make jam in, because it's good sized and retains heat well.

When I called to book 11/3, the V&A lady told me it was not open for booking on that date yet, because that would be the date for F&W event. So, I booked another date and have just been waiting for this one to open up. This was really the best day for us, because I didn't want DH to have to eat there the night before the half. Eating there the night of the half isn't great either, because he's usually not into rich food after a big run and it's the night of the party.

I can't really see it being full yet. Are there that many crazy people like us out there, willing to spend the money on this:)? Maybe when they call before the event, we can tell them that our parties are together and that we would like a 4 top. I can't remember how far out they call.

PTR Update - July 20th 2017: August Trip Updates, September at Universal, and most importantly, FOOD & WINE EVENTS

21 Days until August Family Trip at the Poly
43 Days until Universal Orlando (with a side of Yacht Club)
93 Days until Marvel Day at Sea on the Disney Magic (Canada Coast Cruise)
102 Days until our Anniversary, MNSSHP, F&W 5k Trip at the Grand Floridian & WDW Swan
139 Days until Holidays at WDW Dolphin (yeah I kinda snuck this trip in there...right now this is tentative)

August 2017

Can't believe in just 3 weeks we'll be boarding a flight to WDW with my family and friends! This has been years in the making! I've been sharing useful packing tips and some "what to expect" information, although I'd rather not overwhelm them now. They have no concept of what terms like "Rope Drop" and "Ticket and Transportation Center" mean so let's just say, I'm just their unofficial tour guide.
One of my nieces is also having some issues with anxiety lately, and seems to be developing some tics (not major, but insisting on coughing every 5 seconds when she doesn't have a cough or cold) and things like that.. My sister Ming is very worried about her. I'm hoping she'll be ok with us in Disney as she seems to be fine and her happy self when the whole family is together, but since Disney is so new and so overwhelming we are all a little unsure. Anyone have any experience with kids who have some anxiety issues? Just wanted to see if there was anything we could do to make things easier for her.

I've also been finalizing our schedules but held back on tweaking too much but I did add in one meal to our DHS day, just because the younger kids wanted to meet the Disney Jr. Characters, so I've added a Disney Jr. breakfast at Hollywood and Vine. The rest of the schedule is pretty much the same!

BkQUKDwflUQhIBu5ysr9TNiYJrNPnGXan83qp2XNZ1so-EktjDESvV1POgCxiTchPJKHqiaJoL0cgkc-XvHkO9OCSFsLsHJA1FPs3yh_zsenFIGFwxXO8e_wRefLCiwtQJ4shGMbjAirmdWPaibhuuOk-ZNFBnOLHBto8XLWVNmYeNk5q_0sfXGGYymZ3_w0oxY62FpAgn7P3EMBnZdZwnC3UAUmehAhH2COfih1cagt5YPEfFSWPIVnJZF7zLI08S-QL226_n3jACK3G0flz0y9J6-n9iPEArdmBoTvHoH29pmI-J3UGCOj4grU4a7ySJ2F1AT8LUJM0r43bqMghPiRD-LKW_IJocthnpQw20mBSI4UVVe-Z_l2oZLpfhP2m_mjqfGs1OhYrxYjPX4Bg6SQDHUP9dvXg5GtRw5vjXFfyzYphB8NvYy1FEJBtOFOFPlf4wli6L2DtNNUjRjmk7rMt-wD8gPkLB86NTWiXzUfQY9L9Of6rouKPBI2peI_pZF-6JdNg1jgFgMymTpRQqNcEjhkg_vXR4FcSDyV3fNvtHCpwFRO2ynxNgh65wC2OH9XXQefmR0IGFbk6sTSWKV7k9zipuDH74UyHzK0JknpNJLpevBMbSmxxg=w1454-h947-no

So far I have DISMeets with:
@ariane37: Saturday August 12 at MK
@KathyM2 and @Monykalyn Saturday August 12 at AK (pm)
@soniam: Saturday August 12 at AK (Tusker House and nighttime)
@KathyM2: Sunday August 13th - Probably at Trader Sams after our BoG dinner. We'll probably be meeting throughout the week in any case!
@MeghanEmily: Friday August 18th in MK around the time of our CRT lunch, or Sunday August 20th right before our Tragical Express
@Tracy161: Saturday August 19th in MK for dinner at LTT, and Sunday August 20th morning at DHS!!

Very excited to be seeing old friends and meeting new ones! :grouphug:

Oh and did you hear...August 19th is the 2nd Annual Photopass Day! I really don't know much about this, but I think there will be some rare characters out, and maybe some additional magic shots. Here's a brief description of last year's event:

Complimentary PhotoPass Download Locations
Visit a Disney PhotoPass photographer at one of the locations below. Then open the My Disney Experience app to download and share the photo at no charge.

• Disney’s Animal Kingdom: Festival of the Lion King entrance
  • Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Echo Lake
  • Epcot: Under Spaceship Earth
  • Magic Kingdom: Purple wall in Tomorrowland (between Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant and Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor) and near the fountain that’s in front of Cinderella Castle on the right side viewed from Main Street
  • Disney Springs: Marketplace near to the Pearl Factory
PhotoPass Challenge Locations
Get your photo taken by a Disney PhotoPass photographer at each of the designated challenge locations on August 19. Once you’ve stopped by all of the locations, visit a Disney PhotoPass Sales Center on August 19 to claim a Disney PhotoPass photo. At the Walt Disney World Resort, participants will receive a voucher for one Disney PhotoPass download. Photos taken at the challenge locations are not complimentary and will be watermarked until purchased.

Magic Kingdom Park

• Photo with Tinker Bell in Town Square Theater (Main Street, U.S.A.)
  • Partners Statue in front of Cinderella Castle (Main Street, U.S.A.)
  • Pirates Mast (Adventureland next to Pirates of the Caribbean)
  • In front of Splash Mountain (Frontierland)
  • Gaston’s Fountain (Fantasyland)
Epcot
  • Any Disney Character photo in Epcot Character Spot
  • France Pavilion (World Showcase)
  • Japan Pavilion (World Showcase)
  • Germany Pavilion (World Showcase)
  • Norway Pavilion (World Showcase)
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  • Chinese Theatre (Photo can be taken anywhere on Hollywood Boulevard)
  • Photo with Mickey and Minnie Starring in Red Carpet Dreams
  • Pixar Arch (Pixar Place)
  • Photo with Chewbacca or Kylo Ren in Star Wars Launch Bay
  • Photo on Sunset Boulevard
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
  • Tree of Life
  • Photo with Mickey and Minnie in Adventurers Outpost
  • Fossil Fun Games (DinoLand U.S.A)
  • Africa Bridge
Special Character Experiences At Magic Kingdom Park & Epcot
There will be special character experiences at Magic Kingdom Park and Epcot, where Disney PhotoPass photographers will capture your encounter with Pinocchio, Gideon and Foulfellow in Storybook Circus from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

At Epcot, a friend or foe will join some of your favorite Disney characters around World Showcase, including Mushu and Mulan in the China Pavilion; Snow White and Dopey in the Germany Pavilion; and the Queen of Hearts, who will join Alice in the United Kingdom Pavilion. Check the My Disney Experience app or the Epcot Times Guide on August 19 for these Disney characters’ schedule.

Seems pretty cool, although the free downloads are kinda moot for those of us with APs and Memory Maker. I'm pretty excited about the rare characters though like Mushu, although I've heard they can have pretty long lines. Because of Photopass Day though, I'm thinking I should actually save one of my Express Bus days for August 19th so I can jump from AK to Epcot and then to MK. So that means I won't start using our Express Bus until August 13th. I think I can survive park hopping the regular way (the horror!) on August 12th (or maybe an excuse to try the Minnie Vans?!?). Maybe Photopass Day won't amount to much but in any case I'll be there to experience it first hand and can report back if it's a waste of time or not.

September 2017

Just 2 weeks after we return from our August Trip, we have a little mini trip for Labor Day weekend booked. We're going to Universal Orlando!! We'll be there Sept 1-3rd staying at Universal's Royal Pacific for 2 nights. I do have 2 day park-to-park tickets, plus we're also attending the Orlando Informer Event the night of Sept 2nd where we get to ride all the major WWoHP rides with no lines! That sounds pretty cool. It also includes dinner and unlimited butterbeer. :) If anyone has any tips for Universal that would be helpful. The last time I was there was 2010. I know @Raeven and @soniam must have a few!

After that we are staying at the Yacht Club Sept 3-5th! Very excited for this as it will be the first week of the Food & Wine Festival and that's pretty much our focus.
I do have a Wine Tasting seminar reserved already for Sept 4th. That should be fun. UPDATE: Forgot to add that we will most definitely meet up with @dizneeat and her brother since they are staying at the YC too!

Monday Sept 4th
FPs for: Star Tours, Toy Story, Indiana Jones
A Lunch ADR at Sci Fi Dine In
Hop to Epcot in time for our Eden Canyon Wine Tasting at 3:30pm
Some pool time and an evening at Epcot F&W booths

Sunday Sept 5th
FPs for: Test Track, LWTL, SE
No ADRs today as we're going check out as much F&W booths as we can before our evening flight home.

October 2017

DCL Cruise Oct 21-28 Canada Coast (leaving from NYC, with stops at Charlottetown, Sydney, and Halifax)
DH's parents and aunt will be joining us on this cruise and they will fly to NYC a week before the cruise just to visit and tour some of NYC (his aunt hasn't been I think). Our DCL cruise online check in window opens up on July 23rd (this Sunday). I will be able to pick our port arrival time as well as book any excursions and meals at Palo. I am definitely going to try and book brunch at Palo for all of us, but I'm not sure on dinner. Since there are so many things going on on the ship (Marvel Day at Sea, Halloween on the High Seas, Pirate Night) I didn't really want to miss a rotational dinner if they had something special going on that night. I think I will first see what rotation I'm assigned to, check out the menus for that evening then maybe make a dinner reservation when we're on the ship.

I'm definitely booking a private tour for us for Prince Edward Island so I can fulfill my dreams of visiting Anne of Green Gables national historic site. The other ports (Sydney, Halifax) I am not into as much and I have already been to Halifax, so maybe we'll just walk around ourselves or book one of the DCL tours, or even head back to the ship early for some spa time!

I'm also thinking of outfits for the different events...Marvel Day at Sea, Halloween, Pirate Night. For Halloween I can just reuse my Han and Leia outfits from our SWDAS cruise last year (unless I come up with something better). And we have our Pirate night outfits from our last 2 cruises so that is not hard. Marvel Day at Sea though...hmm. I do have a Loki dress that I am thinking about but I'm not 100%. I think Steve said he wanted to be Spiderman, but not with the sleek Spiderman outfit, but with the Peter Parker makeshift outfit: basically blue sweatpants, red shirt with a spider drawn on, hoodie, gloves, and goggles. Hahaha.

When we arrive back in NYC, DH's parents and aunt leave on a flight that evening, while DH and I have about a day and a half to re-pack for our next adventure...

October 30-Nov 5th at the Grand Floridian and WDW Swan (I added an extra night)

Monday Oct 30th - We plan to arrive in the morning. We don't have any ADRs today yet. I wanted to book the The Hibachi Experience event at Teppan Edo but the last time I checked there was no availability. So I'll keep trying or just keep that day open for F&W booths. I think we'll try and do Epcot during the day and go to MK at night to watch HEA and it's also nighttime EMH. I think I'll make our FP+ for Epcot today. Hoping to meet @franandaj today too!

Tuesday Oct 31st - MK in the morning. We have a PPO breakfast at BOG, then we'll do some rides standby and some rides with FP+. We plan to hop to Epcot for our 1:30pm Pacific Rim Wine Tasting at the Festival center. How long do these usually run? 30-45 minutes? We have a few hours to kill before our 5:35pm ADR at Citrico's. @ariane37 has been getting me really excited about our meal here. I made dinner early so that we could catch the SW Fireworks or Fantasmic after dinner, if possible.

Wednesday Nov 1st - This is our actual anniversary! We will begin at 9am with a leisurely breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Then I was thinking of getting some spa treatments at the Senses spa - maybe a couples massage. I'll see if I want to spend the time and $$$ on this. Then I hope to get FP+ at AK for Flight of Passage! Then a late lunch at....where else...TIFFINS. duh. We'll head back to the GF in time to change for our evening at...MNSSHP!!! Our first Halloween party!! Planning to meet up with @soniam and @Nhebron since they both have tickets to this party as well. Right now my options for costumes are...Belle and Beast (although DH wants to be Gaston, LOL), or Ariel and Prince Eric. I'm leaning towards the latter just to mix things up a bit, and also Steve refuses to wear the Beast masks because they are so ugly. Hahaha. OR I can scrap any costume altogether and wear my The Nightmare Before Christmas themed dresses and get a picture with Jack and Sally. At least I know I'll be the most comfortable in that.

Thursday Nov 2nd - I think we will head to DHS this morning, then we'll have to get to Wide World of Sports at some point today to pick up our bibs for the 5k. Last year we went during the day and it was packed. I think today we'll try for a late afternoon/early evening visit before heading to AKL Kidani Village for a pre-race dinner at Sanaa..because BREAD SERVICE seems like a good idea before our run.

Friday Nov 3rd - Can't believe we're doing this again, but this will be our second 5k race! We'll wake up at 4am again to get to the race site and the race itself starts at 6am. Barring any ankle injuries I hope to at least run this for a little bit. I am not sure of what the course is for the Fall Feast 5k but someone said it was via Animal Kingdom. I will have to do more research on this. I haven't yet decided what to wear but I'm leaning towards...Snow White :). Knowing from past experience, I will not make any big plans for right after the race, and we'll probably just sleep and hang by the pool. I think we'll maybe head to MK for a part of the afternoon so I will make some FP+s there. Then we'll make it back to the GF to change and get ready for what is to be the most gastronomic and expensive dining adventure of our lives...Victoria and Albert's Food and Wine Festival Signature Dinner. @soniam will be here too so we'll see if we can all sit together, yay! I'm really looking forward to lots of good stuff...wine, truffles, caviar, you know, the "good stuff" :) I'm expecting this to be a 4 hour dinner and I fully intend to be rolling out of there (both from libations and food).

Saturday Nov 4th - I have a 9:30am breakfast at 1900 Park Fare today. I've had this ADR for a while and even though I'll probably still be full from dinner, I don't want to change this since I can't get another one on any other day. I figure, I need to eat something if I'm even a little hungover and the company of Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter, Tigger, and friends would serve me well. That and strawberry soup! After breakfast we'll have to check out of the GF. Since we rented DVC points, the person we're renting from said there was no availability for an extra night, so we'll have to switch resorts. There really is no availability anywhere else unless we pay and arm and a leg so we're moving to the Swan for one night which I am using points for. Hopefully we can get Disney to transfer our luggage but if not, then we'll take one of those new Minnie Vans! I plan to spend the afternoon at DHS followed by the evening at Epcot where we'll partake in Food & Wine booths and Illuminations.

Sunday Nov 5th - Probably a whole day Epcot kinda day. We have a 12pm lunch at Monsieur Paul for the French Family Meal. This looks really interesting to me so I'm very excited! I don't have our flights yet but I'm anticipating an evening departure. However, since we're leaving from the Swan, we can be more flexible in the time we depart. I'm planning on getting an Uber to the airport.

OK that's a lot of food, (and wine). Very excited for it!

December 2017

Our tentative dates are Dec 6-11th. I booked all 5 nights at the Dolphin using points so it's not costing us a lot to go. I really want to go to complete our "year of Disney" and use our APs one final time, since our first trip last year was pretty much that same time (and same hotel!) and I really loved the holiday decor at the parks. However this is dependent on if I have any time off left at the end of the year. So far it looks like I do but that's if I don't have any unexpected time off that may come up along the way. Maybe I'll shorten the trip but the way Starwood points work is that if you stay 4 nights you get the 5th night free so it's more worth it to go for 5 nights. We'll see. Fingers crossed!! Hopefully if we do go, we'll get to meet up with @Malia78 and I think @Raeven will be there at the same time too!

So...those are my new, and updated plans! 3 more weeks until our next trip! I've packed maybe 25% of the stuff we need, LOL and the rest is still undecided. Haha.

Last edited:
I thought about the French lunch, but the Parisian Afternoon seemed lighter and more appealing. I think the idea of unlimited mimosas didn't hurt either:) I too have some Le Creuset cookware. I also like my Staub pan; it's usually what I make jam in, because it's good sized and retains heat well.

They both sound good! One day I'll probably try the Parisian afternoon.

When I called to book 11/3, the V&A lady told me it was not open for booking on that date yet, because that would be the date for F&W event. So, I booked another date and have just been waiting for this one to open up. This was really the best day for us, because I didn't want DH to have to eat there the night before the half. Eating there the night of the half isn't great either, because he's usually not into rich food after a big run and it's the night of the party.

Have fun at the party! I was thinking about it but didn't have the time to spare.

I can't really see it being full yet. Are there that many crazy people like us out there, willing to spend the money on this:)? Maybe when they call before the event, we can tell them that our parties are together and that we would like a 4 top. I can't remember how far out they call.

We are definitely crazy. Insane even. But I'm sure there are people crazier than us. :)
I think they call a week before, but we'll be on the cruise. So I will leave it in your hands. Whatever you decide is fine with us :) I can also give them a call ahead of our cruise. :)

Wow you have so much WDW in your future, I'm so excited for you guys!!

They have no concept of what terms like "Rope Drop" and "Ticket and Transportation Center" mean so let's just say, I'm just their unofficial tour guide.

Isn't it funny that some people don't use these terms every day lol?? Soon they will all know lol.

Anyone have any experience with kids who have some anxiety issues? Just wanted to see if there was anything we could do to make things easier for her.

My son has a lot of anxiety. We took him to theme parks and WDW as a kid. I find with him anyway, he is really big on knowing what to expect, so it's a good thing you are a WDW expert. Just try to tell him what can happen and I always try to be realistic. There may be a long line. It may be hot and there will be lots of people. But there is fun stuff to look at while you wait etc. Also, if you have a fidget spinner or some such..or other small trinkets to keep them distracted if anxiety starts to flare up I find that helps too.

@KathyM2 and @Monykalyn Saturday August 12 at AK (pm)

Crap. I can't keep track of everyone's plans. But sadly I don't think that one will work. I only have an 8 day park ticket so since Saturdays tend to be busiest I was going to use that as a non park day.

However, that afternoon, we will be at DS which I think sort of lines up with your later plans?

@KathyM2: Sunday August 13th - Probably at Trader Sams after our BoG dinner. We'll probably be meeting throughout the week in any case!

Yes, this one works if you are around the Poly. I was actually thinking of maybe some low key evening activity - I read somewhere that each resort usually has some sort of campfire with S'mores? I'm sure the Poly has something...not sure if your family would be into that but..that might be a fun way to hang out. But Trader Sams would of course be awesome, I assume you mean after your BOG dinner so for you would be just drinks - we may eat there or something, not sure. We are planning ice cream at either Beaches and Cream or Ample Hills that afternoon so we may not be that hungry lol

@MeghanEmily: Friday August 18th in MK around the time of our CRT lunch, or Sunday August 20th right before our Tragical Express

@MeghanEmily I can't remember the rest of your days but hope we can do a drive by too lol. I think we are planning Epcot that morning and MK that night, but things could change lol. I can PM you my cell number too if you want.

Oh and did you hear...August 19th is the 2nd Annual Photopass Day! I really don't know much about this, but I think there will be some rare characters out, and maybe some additional magic shots. Here's a brief description of last year's event:

This is intriguing. I have never gotten PP before and am still debating whether I should. It's $169 US plus tax so I did some math and for us Canadians that works out to around $30 per day. I am just not sure I can justify that....I may want to spend that money on other things...but the magic shots are so cool, so I'm really torn.

Prince Edward Island so I can fulfill my dreams of visiting Anne of Green Gables

I really want to do this so I will be living vicariously. Even though I'm Canadian I have never been to PEI. My soon-to-be-ex-husband thought it would be boring so we never went. But now I may get my chance lol. One perk I suppose lol.

My son has a lot of anxiety. We took him to theme parks and WDW as a kid. I find with him anyway, he is really big on knowing what to expect, so it's a good thing you are a WDW expert. Just try to tell him what can happen and I always try to be realistic. There may be a long line. It may be hot and there will be lots of people. But there is fun stuff to look at while you wait etc. Also, if you have a fidget spinner or some such..or other small trinkets to keep them distracted if anxiety starts to flare up I find that helps too.

Thank you for this! I think that is the plan, although my niece has the shortest attention span and after 30 seconds of a ride video she gets bored, LOL.

Crap. I can't keep track of everyone's plans. But sadly I don't think that one will work. I only have an 8 day park ticket so since Saturdays tend to be busiest I was going to use that as a non park day.

However, that afternoon, we will be at DS which I think sort of lines up with your later plans?

Ah ok. I'm not sure I'm definitely going to DS. It may just be a break at the Pool and then to AK in the evening. It depends on how tired and hot everyone is. Although I wouldn't mind doing some shopping either so if we head to DS I'll let you know!
@Monykalyn PM me if you'd still like to meet up! We'll be in AK sometime before our 6:50pm dinner.

Yes, this one works if you are around the Poly. I was actually thinking of maybe some low key evening activity - I read somewhere that each resort usually has some sort of campfire with S'mores? I'm sure the Poly has something...not sure if your family would be into that but..that might be a fun way to hang out. But Trader Sams would of course be awesome, I assume you mean after your BOG dinner so for you would be just drinks - we may eat there or something, not sure. We are planning ice cream at either Beaches and Cream or Ample Hills that afternoon so we may not be that hungry lol

Sure we can definitely meet at Trader Sams for some drinks! I was also hoping to go see Fantasmic that night but it may just be DH, CS and myself. I didn't know about the campfire at each resort (maybe it's only in the cooler months?) but I know they do have movies and stuff on the beach area. You can also watch the water parade and the fireworks from the beach.

This is intriguing. I have never gotten PP before and am still debating whether I should. It's $169 US plus tax so I did some math and for us Canadians that works out to around $30 per day. I am just not sure I can justify that....I may want to spend that money on other things...but the magic shots are so cool, so I'm really torn.

Yeah I never thought about getting it before but since I got one it's really been great. I think it's worth the money but you'll have to be prepared to wait in line sometimes to get those shots to make it worthwhile!

I really want to do this so I will be living vicariously. Even though I'm Canadian I have never been to PEI. My soon-to-be-ex-husband thought it would be boring so we never went. But now I may get my chance lol. One perk I suppose lol.

It's been my dream to visit since I read the books and saw the Sullivan Entertainment movies. I have not seen the latest series on Netflix yet though.
I think you should go visit! #treatyoself!! I want to go back during the summer months because we arrive a little after the end of the tourist season and a bunch of stuff is closed, like the lobster suppers and many of the seafood shack style places. I really want some good seafood though but we're gonna have to go to a regular restaurant to get it.

Sure we can definitely meet at Trader Sams for some drinks! I was also hoping to go see Fantasmic that night but it may just be DH, CS and myself. I didn't know about the campfire at each resort (maybe it's only in the cooler months?) but I know they do have movies and stuff on the beach area. You can also watch the water parade and the fireworks from the beach.

Yeah that sounds like a good plan too. Actually haven't seen the water parade up close so that should be fun.

I want to go back during the summer months because we arrive a little after the end of the tourist season and a bunch of stuff is closed, like the lobster suppers and many of the seafood shack style places. I really want some good seafood though but we're gonna have to go to a regular restaurant to get it.

Yeah the lobster in the maritimes is amazing. My dad is from New Brunswick and he used to joke about how when he was growing up, all the poor kids ate lobster sandwiches for lunch and the rich kids ate peanut butter and jam. I'm sure even if it's not high season there will be lots of seafood to be found, but I know what you mean. I loved those types of shacks in Maine.

139 Days until Holidays at WDW Dolphin (yeah I kinda snuck this trip in there...right now this is tentative)

Woohoo this is quite the year of Disney!

Oh and did you hear...August 19th is the 2nd Annual Photopass Day! I really don't know much about this, but I think there will be some rare characters out, and maybe some additional magic shots.

I'm so disappointed this falls in the summer when I can't go.

Maybe Photopass Day won't amount to much but in any case I'll be there to experience it first hand and can report back if it's a waste of time or not.

Good idea :thumbsup2 then I'll know if I'm really missing anything or not.

Just 2 weeks after we return from our August Trip, we have a little mini trip for Labor Day weekend booked. We're going to Universal Orlando!! We'll be there Sept 1-3rd staying at Universal's Royal Pacific for 2 nights. I do have 2 day park-to-park tickets, plus we're also attending the Orlando Informer Event the night of Sept 2nd where we get to ride all the major WWoHP rides with no lines!

I wish I could do this! Especially because Josh might be going to a friend's bachelor party this weekend, but I can't take this weekend off work :sad: And Josh keeps reminding me our trip is 1 week from then :rotfl:

I know @Raeven and @soniam must have a few!

Yes! What do you want to know about?

Steve refuses to wear the Beast masks because they are so ugly.

I'm with Steve on this one. The Beast masks creep me out.

Hopefully if we do go, we'll get to meet up with @Malia78 and I think @Raeven will be there at the same time too!

:sad: we're not going in December anymore. We couldn't find affordable airfare when I went to book like a month or two ago so we ended up canceling that weekend trip because it was going to end up being more expensive than just going for a weekend should've been. We were thinking of just staying at USO anyway for the new HP stuff, but we can't find any airfare for under 700-800+ RT (and I've looked at every weekend from late Nov to early Jan), and usually it's under $400 RT for us both. We don't have many direct flights we can choose from, and any of the longer flights would eat up an entire day so nothing really worked (and there wasn't really enough of a price difference to a longer flight to consider them).

Instead we might go to USO for Mardi Gras next year for a weekend, but I'm not sure about that yet either.

Did you see the new thing this morning that through the end of September some restaurants (mostly signatures) are offering 30% to AP holders?

So close! I feel like all of our things opened over the last week... Cruise check in, fast passes, adr date for January is in a week...
I really want to go down for a weekend in December to see the holiday decorations... Maybe I should look into that one... Lol. DF doesn't get much vacation time, so that will be the deciding factor. Though I've picked up enough SW points for some free flights... :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter