CIF Confirmation – very strange!

Poohshoney

<font color=6666CC>Ya-ya sister!<br><font color=gr
Our confirmation letters for our three hotels on a CIF package have just arrived. I originally booked ASMovies, POR & AKL but changed the ASM to CBR.

The CBR latter shows that they’ve transferred the ASM deposit to CBR. That’s all.

The CM also said that the standard rooms were full and we’d have to pay extra for a King size room. She said this was $0.06 more a night – I said we could stretch to that! But although it’s the `higher´ price, there’s no mention of King size room.
And the original two hotels show guaranteed non-smoking – I'm asthmatic. The CM promised she’d transferred that info plus that we’d like the top floor, but all she’s put is `prefer non-smoking´.

The POR says – “Received $170.96. Remaining package amount $455.04 is due by 04/06/02”
The AKL says – “Received $338.55. Remaining package amount $344.45 is due by 04/12/02.”

This wasn’t mentioned when I booked! And why not for the CBR as well? I'm not ringing them about it as we’ve decided to cancel this booking and stick with our WDTC one. But I am going to email them. It’s weird.

I don't know much about the wording on the reservations forms, but I can say that twice CBR was wonderful about honoring requests made for medical reasons. If you have asthma, I can almost guarantee that they WILL put you in a non-smoking room.

Have a great trip!

:confused:
That is strange!!
We have the CIF code discount for CBR and POLY and were told 5 day cancellation policy and balance due AT CHECK IN!
Also....usually the King rooms are $10 more a night!! :confused:
But since you are cancelling.....oh well :D
What rates did you get through WDTC??

Hi Seaspray!
All the other reservations guarantee non-smoking, including the WDTC one at CBR, so that’s ok. Eliza even wrote out that it was because I'm asthmatic. What I don’t understand is that the CRO CM chatted about how the other reservations guaranteed non-smoking and assured me she’d put it on the new CBR booking as well. If I weren’t cancelling, I would be worried. We won’t be checking in until quite late – what if there weren’t any non-smoking rooms left?

Cindyfan, the WDTC booking comes to $24 more than the CRO one for the same hotels, though it has 3 free games of mini-golf as well! It also has the Eliza seal of approval. That means I'm sure it’s done right – I have such faith in her! The CM at CRO SAID we’d pay the balance on arrival. That’s just not what she wrote on two of the ressies. Weird!

:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!