CIGARS AT DISNEYWORLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan2016

Earning My Ears
I know this topic maybe touchy with some people but everyone has a vice. Mine is a nice cigar with a nice drink.

I enjoyed a cigar once in a while with a nice drink outside in DT Disney. Before DT Disney renovated there was a cigar/bar near Pleasure Island at the time. I think it was a run by Sosa. I think it is a sailing shop or near that area. I don't think it is coming back.

For my bachelor party my friends and brothers were all there enjoying the bar and cigars. It was an excellent evening.

What I was wonder was;

1. Is there anywhere in Disney Springs other than the actually Sosa shop to buy cigars?
2. Is there anywhere in Disney Springs that you are allowed to smoke a patio? I don’t think Disney Springs is smoke free
3. Are there any cigar shops at the Hotels? I know the boardwalk area somewhere had a smoke lounge at one point but again I don’t think it is there anymore.
4. Does anyone know what the smoking rules are in Orlando (non-dis property) on patios?
5. At Old Key West can you drink and smoke cigars near the pools?

Can you smoke on the patio near the house of blues? There was a sign up last year that said no cigar on the front porch but there is now a patio out front.

Thank you

Following. My DH is a big cigar smoker - he produces a cigar show on the radio - so I'm interested in any answers you may get.

Check the gift shop at the resort. I've purchased minis there as a gift and they still had them in late June.

Hello arielsel

Does your dh have any information on smoking laws in the Orlando area? Or cigar shops?

According to the Disney website, Sosa Bros. still have a shop on the west side. Designated smoking areas are strictly enforced everywhere on property including DS. And the DSAs not only migrate regularly, they are an endangered species, with dwindling numbers every year.

Hello arielsel

Does your dh have any information on smoking laws in the Orlando area? Or cigar shops?
The laws...not at this time. He'll probably get more info the closer to our trip. As far as cigar shops, he's heard more about one in Orlando that he wants to visit. We'll have our car so he'll be able to do that. Not sure if that is an option for you?

2. Is there anywhere in Disney Springs that you are allowed to smoke a patio? I don’t think Disney Springs is smoke free
3. Are there any cigar shops at the Hotels? I know the boardwalk area somewhere had a smoke lounge at one point but again I don’t think it is there anymore.
4. Does anyone know what the smoking rules are in Orlando (non-dis property) on patios?
2) No. Smoke free other than DSA's
3) No smoke lounge
5) No smoke, drinks only

The Deluxe hotels usually have a small selection of cigars, and there is a small store at DS. DH likes Corona on Sand Lake Rd (restaurant row, not far from DS). It's a large store with a lounge in it. I don't know of any place on Disney property outside of a DSA where you can smoke though.. and as for Orlando itself, all restaurants/patios are smoke free. I would suggest Corona or a regular bar if you want to smoke.

Sosa Family Cigars is still at Disney Springs in the same spot. The bus actually drops off fairly close to it now if you want to run in quick to get a few and head back to the resort. Just note that springs has designated smoking areas now if you haven't been to WDW since 2014.

Also the resorts all have them. You want to find the gift shop with a selection of alcohol for sale. That register just ask about cigars and/or cigarettes and they will open the cabinet/drawer so you can see the selection.... It will not be as extensive of a choice as Sosa but they are there.

And these will be resort/disney prices, you may want to just plan ahead and bring some with you.,

Thank you Arielsrl and everyone

I was planning on trying the Costco off property for cigars and wine. In Fort Myers Costco there was a small selection and the prices were reasonable but the selection was limited and you have to buy a case or multiple packs

If I can't find them there I will try the corona store too in October.

It is too bad that there isn't one shop/bar that you can sit at and enjoy a cigar and a drink. Even if it was in doors it would be nice.

My husband said the name of the shop is Corona Cigar Shop.
Yes, Corona Cigar is a great place. They have a location near the convention center. You can either sit outside or inside and they have a bar. Be mindful of the fact that Orlando police are very serious about drinking/driving. Maybe use Uber instead if you're going off property.

Hello arielsel

Not just Orlando...all of Florida.
http://www.lungusa2.org/slati/statedetail.php?stateId=12#jump0

Smoking Restrictions
Overall Summary of Smoking Restrictions
Smoking is prohibited in most public places and workplaces, including private workplaces, restaurants and non-tribal gaming facilities.

FLA. STAT. ch. 386.201 et seq. (2011).

Exceptions to the Law
Exceptions to this law include: 1) stand-alone bars as defined, 2) retail tobacco shops as defined, 3) designated hotel rooms, 4) tobacco manufacturing facilities, 5) customs smoking rooms in an international airport in-transit lounge under the authority and control of the Bureau of Customs and Border Protection of the United States Department of Homeland Security, 6) smoking cessation programs approved by the Department of Health or medical or scientific research conducted therein, and 7) membership associations as defined as long as no one is engaged in work.

FLA. STAT. ch. 386.201 et seq. (2011).

I know this topic maybe touchy with some people but everyone has a vice. Mine is a nice cigar with a nice drink.

I enjoyed a cigar once in a while with a nice drink outside in DT Disney. Before DT Disney renovated there was a cigar/bar near Pleasure Island at the time. I think it was a run by Sosa. I think it is a sailing shop or near that area. I don't think it is coming back.

For my bachelor party my friends and brothers were all there enjoying the bar and cigars. It was an excellent evening.

What I was wonder was;

1. Is there anywhere in Disney Springs other than the actually Sosa shop to buy cigars?

Can you smoke on the patio near the house of blues? There was a sign up last year that said no cigar on the front porch but there is now a patio out front.

Thank you
I enjoy more than an occasional cigar (Padron, La Aroma de Cuba, A.Fuente) and rarely miss an opportunity when passing Sosa's. But this is not a 'proper' lounge, rather it's just a few (3?) chairs. I enjoyed a 'Short Story' there last week.

Where to buy cigars:
1.) Many resort hotels have some reasonable cigars selections.
2.) Il Mulino lists cigars on one of their menus with a humidor by their entrance.

Where to smoke a cigar:
a.) As much as I enjoy a cigar, I only smoke outside in remote places or at a proper cigar lounge. When at Disney, I smoke away from crowds, and would never smoke a cigar inside a Park. Similarly, the 'patio' of or near any restaurant subjects others to cigar smoke.

I smoke cigars and would be bothered if you were smoking near where I was eating, imagine what non-smokers experience.

b.) I recall mention at Four Seasons hotel of cigar smoking outside the Lounge after 10pm.
c.) Internet search shows Waldorf may have cigar smoking opportunities too.

Best advice - find a very quiet location, sit down, and enjoy your $10 smoke. Folks who may be passing by will complain, but at least you tried to avoid crowds.

Really, you're asking about smoking near the pool, where children are congregating?

I'm sorry, but states like North Carolina & Virginia are limiting where people can smoke cigars & cigarettes. This is not merely a phenomenon in the U.S., even Cunard Cruise lines have eliminated many of their amazing cigar bars. Common sense and decency should be your guide, no matter the strict letter of the law.

My husband and brother in law are cigar smokers. Finding a spot to enjoy their cigar is getting harder each year, but as DVC members they have found that they like the smoking area outside the Top of the World lounge at Bay Lake Tower. Obviously this is not an option for everyone, but it has come to the point that we only stay at BLT because they know they can have a smoke and a drink every night without a hassle.
My sister and I sit inside the lounge and have a drink, and wait for Wishes while they smoke, it's a nice way to unwind at the end of the day.

all the parks and hotel have smoking area when you check in ask where they are, this way you can smoke where you are allowed and not have to worry about people telling you to move.

I start every WDW day with a cigar and coffee at the bench near Atlantic Dance at the Board Walk, the sun rises just to my right front. Can't begin a vacation day any better.

Bill From PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter