Cinderella’s Royal Table vs. Akershus?

Akoni

Earning My Ears
So as you know, WDW has 2 princess character meals: Cinderella’s Royal Table and Akershus. Which one is better in terms of food, service, characters, etc. and which princesses usually meet at them (besides Cinderella at CRT of course)?

I would say Akershus has better food, service, and character interactions but of course CRT has the atmosphere and the magic of being inside the castle. You'll get the same mix of Princesses at both- Snow White, Ariel, Aurora... we had Jasmine at CRT... I think Mulan has shown up at Akershus on occasion. You'll meet Belle at Akershus and Cinderella at CRT.

Character interactions can be great or ho hum at any location on any given day. Choose based on food, atmosphere, price and touring plan. I like the castle. Because it's.... a castle. ;)

I would say Akershus has better food, service, and character interactions but of course CRT has the atmosphere and the magic of being inside the castle. You'll get the same mix of Princesses at both- Snow White, Ariel, Aurora... we had Jasmine at CRT... I think Mulan has shown up at Akershus on occasion. You'll meet Belle at Akershus and Cinderella at CRT.

this is so funny ; as I would say the total opposite!
akershaus did nothing for me at all.
dd1 (adult) was happy to meet belle and she spotted dd was wearing belle earrings which was cute.
aside from that-I really don’t recall much.
I know I wasn’t a fan of the food.
Whereas;
CRT:
Everything about it
The food, the ambience, the characters, the service was amazing and obviously the whole being in a castle!!!
We happily returned last year and have no desire to return to the Epcot princess location.
much rather 1900 pf if not CRT.

My family much preferred the experience at CRT. The princess interactions, the food, dessert, CASTLE! And the cute sword and wishing wand that the kids get.
We weren’t crazy about the food at Akershus at all.

Just took my 12 year old niece to both last week.

She loved CRT more. She liked the food, the fairy wand and wishing ceremony, and the atmosphere of the castle. We had Cinderella greeting downstairs, then Ariel, Snow White, Aurora, and Jasmine coming to the table.

I liked the buffet at Akershus better, although I didn't enjoy the hot food platter as much as I had hoped. But I thought the value for the amount of food was better than CRT. Our princess interaction was slightly better here, IMO. Belle was the greeter, and we had Ariel, Snow White, Aurora, and Cinderella coming to the table.

We also tried the breakfast at Trattoria al Forno, which had Ariel & Prince Eric, and Rapunzel & Flynn Rider. I really enjoyed my food here and the portion size of both entrees was very large. The princes were awesome, Rapunzel was fun, and Ariel was our least favorite, but since it was our 3rd time having breakfast with her, we might have just been Ariel-ed out. Niece didn't like the food as much, and I think she might have been over it by the 3rd princess breakfast.

What about both? 😂
We are doing CRT, Akershus, Trattoria al Forno, & Storybook Dining at Artist Point. All include princesses 😂.

To be honest, the interaction changes every time. Our first trip I thought that Akershus had better interaction than our second trip there. But the princess parade is really cute. But CRT is amazing. My daughter was in awe of the castle and she loved the Little wishing star and wand that she got. It felt really magical. I probably wouldn’t have booked Akershus again for the next trip but Belle is her favorite and she really wanted the picture and meeting with Belle in her yellow dress again. This time we are doing dinner instead of breakfast.

We did CRT breakfast and I enjoyed what I had. My DH not so much. So we are doing lunch now this time.

My favorite was the storybook dining though! It’s with show white and was really fun! The food was great too.

We haven't been since 2018. We went to both during that trip. CRT is what I would recommend if you have never been there simply for the experience. The food was not that great and it was overpriced, but it was an amazing experience; the kid's also got some small trinket toys as well. If cost is a concern, Akershus is definitely the way to go.

Do CRT, but know it's a one and done.

Akerhaus is the better value and I don't think even think it's close.

We far prefer Akershus. We really enjoy the food there (dinner). While the food at CRT was fine, it wasn't anything we'd crave or right home about. As far as character interaction goes, we felt it was similar at both places. Similar princesses seen at both. You meet Belle at Akershus and have your photo taken with her, while at CRT you meet Cinderella for the photo. Another perk is Akershus is cheaper. I've based my decision solely on food and the experience though, but if money is a factor, that's another positive for Akershus. No matter how you go, they're both a fun experience.

Definitely say everyone should do CRT at least once, if you can afford it/have the credits. We have always done brft as we like brft food anyway, and it is the cheapest. As PP mentioned above, it is a castle 🏰 and very magical, a unique experience! Loved the wishing ceremony, and the beautiful stained glass, and looking down on Fantasyland. It's cool to look up at the castle after and know you've been inside! DS also liked getting the sword. We enjoyed the food and had good interaction on our visits, and in-laws still talk about it. We never felt rushed. Went to Akershus on our 2nd trip, and while it was nice, DD asked to go back to the castle next time.

As far as princesses, other than Cindy at CRT and Belle at Akershus for pics, they can vary, so no guarantee, but Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Ariel(in green dress) are often at both, with Jasmine usually as the 4th at the castle, and at Akershus the 4th may be Cindy and we have seen Mulan, which was cool, and have heard of Mary Poppins on occasion. Belle used to appear in her blue dress at the castle, but I don't believe she has been there in several years unfortunately. We also enjoy 1900PF w/Cindy, Prince stepmom and the stepsisters - they are a riot! (only at dinner) Trattoria Al Forna (Bon Voyage) was also good(brft only) and only place to meet Flynn outside of parties, and he is totally in character! And remember, whichever princesses you don't see at either meal you can meet at the countries in Epcot or spots in MK!

We've done both. We didn't really like the dinner food at Akershus at all, but love the breakfast food - my DH things that the cheesy potato casserole for breakfast is about the best thing they serve in all of Disney.

CRT we've only done lunch and it was really fantastic. I thought it would be a one and done for us, but DH wants me to try and book lunch there again for our next trip.

We don't have any kids, so we don't do a lot of interaction with the characters - just a quick picture, but I didn't find the level of interaction any different between the princesses at either location.

I think my friend told me she went to WDW way back in like 2007 or something and saw Mary Poppins at Akershus. She also said she might’ve seen Alice one time too and I think Mulan aswell.

Definitely say everyone should do CRT at least once, if you can afford it/have the credits. We have always done brft as we like brft food anyway, and it is the cheapest. As PP mentioned above, it is a castle 🏰 and very magical, a unique experience! Loved the wishing ceremony, and the beautiful stained glass, and looking down on Fantasyland. It's cool to look up at the castle after and know you've been inside! DS also liked getting the sword. We enjoyed the food and had good interaction on our visits, and in-laws still talk about it. We never felt rushed. Went to Akershus on our 2nd trip, and while it was nice, DD asked to go back to the castle next time.

As far as princesses, other than Cindy at CRT and Belle at Akershus for pics, they can vary, so no guarantee, but Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Ariel(in green dress) are often at both, with Jasmine usually as the 4th at the castle, and at Akershus the 4th may be Cindy and we have seen Mulan, which was cool, and have heard of Mary Poppins on occasion. Belle used to appear in her blue dress at the castle, but I don't believe she has been there in several years unfortunately. We also enjoy 1900PF w/Cindy, Prince stepmom and the stepsisters - they are a riot! (only at dinner) Trattoria Al Forna (Bon Voyage) was also good(brft only) and only place to meet Flynn outside of parties, and he is totally in character! And remember, whichever princesses you don't see at either meal you can meet at the countries in Epcot or spots in MK!

If you are staying at the Epcot area, Trattoria Al Forno is a must stop for breakfast. It's better food and a better character experience then both places (Akerhaus and CRT).

But it’s a shame they don’t have Rapunzel or Tiana at the princess meals in WDW. Although I’ve seen pictures of Rapunzel at CRT, though not often.
Or Moana in the parks! I would love a Moana meet & greet. You’d think they’d add her with how popular she is

Just took my 12 year old niece to both last week.

She loved CRT more. She liked the food, the fairy wand and wishing ceremony, and the atmosphere of the castle. We had Cinderella greeting downstairs, then Ariel, Snow White, Aurora, and Jasmine coming to the table.

I liked the buffet at Akershus better, although I didn't enjoy the hot food platter as much as I had hoped. But I thought the value for the amount of food was better than CRT. Our princess interaction was slightly better here, IMO. Belle was the greeter, and we had Ariel, Snow White, Aurora, and Cinderella coming to the table.

We also tried the breakfast at Trattoria al Forno, which had Ariel & Prince Eric, and Rapunzel & Flynn Rider. I really enjoyed my food here and the portion size of both entrees was very large. The princes were awesome, Rapunzel was fun, and Ariel was our least favorite, but since it was our 3rd time having breakfast with her, we might have just been Ariel-ed out. Niece didn't like the food as much, and I think she might have been over it by the 3rd princess breakfast.

I thought Trattoria al Forno was best of the three. I loved CRT atmosphere, but HATED the food. Akershus was my least favorite meal. Disgusting buffet.

But it’s a shame they don’t have Rapunzel or Tiana at the princess meals in WDW. Although I’ve seen pictures of Rapunzel at CRT, though not often.
Rapunzel at Tratorria. Rumor is Tiana will be at a new breakfast spot I believe (Reflections-next DVC).

We've done both for breakfast only and CRT was a one and done, while Akershus we have been going back to. We were so rushed at CRT and for the price, it was not worth it, not even just being in the castle. Our meal didn't even last an hour. The food portions were small as well. We never felt rushed at Akershus, the food is plentiful and AYCTE, with a cold buffet. The princess interactions were about the same at both. But if I had to choose, it would be Akershus and I am basing this off of breakfast only. The menu at lunch and dinner does not appeal to us. We've been to Akershus every year since 2014 and we have had the same princesses each time - Belle in her yellow dress in the foyer, and Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora and Ariel came to the table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter