Cinderella Castle Reviews Wanted: Any Meal

JenniJ

Mouseketeer
This will be my DS first Disney trip he will be able to really remember. He was 3 for his true first and only "remembers" what he sees from the pictures.
We will be on the DP for this trip and this meal is signature would "cost" us 2 TS credits. He will be 12 for our trip next August and I am including him on helping me plan. DP is just fine letting us plan it all, only part he wants to help is around Galaxy's Edge. :confused3 But he is more Star Wars fan than Disney. :rolleyes2

Well, that all said, he has seen a picture of his big sister having breakfast in The Castle and is talking about wanting to do the same. That was the first and only time eating there, which was back in 1995.

For those who have eaten there recently, what meal did you have and how was it? Are ADRs difficult to obtain and which ones are more difficult to get? I am thinking early morning and late night during the fireworks but I could be completely off.

Thanks in advance!

We have done dinner twice and loved it both times. I love the steak and shrimp dish, and the kid’s steak is so good - just as tender as the adult meal, just smaller. We’ll be back for dinner again next summer!

We had lunch last visit - 2 adults and 2 kids and paid OOP so ~$259 including gratuity if I recall. If you are on Dining plan you'll be able to get a glass of wine too. Food was above average, but not $260 good imo. Service was a little rushed. Princesses were amazing. I would not do it again, but I'm glad we did it. My only complaint, besides the cost, was the weird lighting in the room. The windows are very large and in mid-day there is lots of bright light flooding in. We were in the middle of the room and it was slightly uncomfortable to stare at the windows. I'm not sure how you get a table closer to the windows - there seemed to be a "system" to how they sat the room and when the princesses arrived. I think the ADRs are fairly easy to get now due to the price and it needing 2 TS credits.

Do you not have to tip at CRT if you're on the dining plan? Is gratuity included in that case? You'd have to tip on the alcohol I think.

We did dinner in March and felt it was worth 2 credits. Tip was included which was nice.

The little extras were nice... the swords and wands, the cupcake decorating dessert... we also all really loved our meals. The steak was especially delicious.

I don’t know I would spend 2 credits on breakfast, but for lunch or dinner I think it’s worth it.

Do you not have to tip at CRT if you're on the dining plan? Is gratuity included in that case? You'd have to tip on the alcohol I think.

Tip is included in the price of CRT whether you are on the dining plan or not. The tip also seemed to be included on the included alcohol drink from the dining plan. The only thing we were given a receipt to tip on was that my DH ordered a second beer so we needed to pay for that OOP and then tip on it.

Thank you everyone for your input! I really appreciate it. :love:

I am hoping we can get a dinner ADR for our arrival day. I think my son will be so thrilled to eat in the Castle the day we arrive.

Had a PPO ADR for breakfast 2 weeks ago and was actually very good! Walking to the castle was a cool as we were literally the only ones there other then the CM's directing traffic and to get a Castle pic with nobody else in the frame is rare and special, we had several picture moments like that all the way to CRT! We were greeted as soon as we got there and walked in to meet Cinderella, super quick and was actually fun as I find it odd to be talking to "face" characters but all of them in the castle were on top form and with the photo pass got a special video of the meet. We sat right away and food was really good, which surprised me as some in here made it out like we were going to get TV dinners, this was far from the case and the service was also on spot, had a great time and would def do it again! It was also cool to see the little girls face when my wife gave her her wand they give you, later on that night at MNSSHP, her smile on her face was super awesome, she also left with the stickers we accumulated during our trip, such fun! Well it is a bit expensive but then what Disney restaurant is not, go have fun.

Also the ADR was not there when our 180 day time came, was able to snag it right about 40 days and was able to adjust it to make it a PPO ADR.....we were on the DxDP.......

Our tradition each time we visit WDW is for my daughter and I to go to CRT for breakfast. Because its 2 credits my husband prefers to pay out of pocket versus using the credits on our DxDP. As a general rule for our family we don't like to waste credits on a breakfast meal. We choose breakfast for CRT because it allows my DH and son go ride stuff around the park, then we are all back together for the remainder of the day. There are the typical breakfast items, pastries and then traditional eggs, bacon, etc. but there is usually one or two more adult like entrees to choose from that make me feel like its more of a brunch for me. :) I know at some point I've had some sort of steak for breakfast, and I just checked the offerings today and there's a shrimp and grits option that I'm sure I would love. And of course you just can't beat the ambiance and getting to meet all of those princesses is just priceless IMO. Our next trip is in May and we will definitely be enjoying another breakfast there!! I hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter