~ Cinderella's Gala Feast VS. Cinderella's Castle ~

JustJamie

WDW Virgin
Any advice on these two? We have reservations at Cinderella's Gala Feast but have been trying to get in on Dining at Cinderella's Castle. Since this was a last minute decision, the latter is booked.

Is the Gala Feast just as good?

Are these even worth it to meet Cinderella? Or should we just try in Toon Town.

This is our very first trip to WDW and one of my Daughters is in love with Cinderella while the other loves Sleeping Beauty.

Any advice would be appreciated. We will be there the end of Oct. beginning of Nov.

Thanks!!

I thought the food was good--buffet. And the character interaction was really great when we went. I think it's worth it. I don't think you will be disappointed. However, I do like CRT better (we did breakfast--YUM!). So you could keep trying to see if anything opens up. :thumbsup2

In my opinion, except for the WOW! factor of the location, the Gala Feast beats CRT every time. You will have much more interaction with Cinderella at the Gala Feast then you will at the castle, too. Now, she is the only princess at the feast but you get most of them at breakfast and lunch if you eat at the castle. I really feel that the food (selection & taste) and the price of the Gala Feast make it a much better choice then CRT. Again, just my opinion.

We had breakfast at CRT and dinner at 1900 Park Faire last week.

CRT breakfast was expensive but very nice for lots of princesses. We met the major 5--Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Jasmine, and Belle.

1900 Park Faire was a good buffet but our service was the very worst of any service we had the entire trip. The problem was our server, though, not the entire staff, as I could see other servers were doing a much better job than ours was.

1900 Park Faire is also very different than CRT in that at 1900 Park Faire, you get the stepmother and stepsisters as well as Prince Charming. The stepmother and stepsisters play it up a lot, so it's part show while you're eating. CRT is more "magical" if that makes sense, with a little wishing ceremony and such.

Lots of great info!!! Thank you. Looks like we won't be disappointed with the Gala Feast. I will keep trying CRT. I really wanted breakfast so we could start our day off wit this and not have to leave a park to go to dinner for the Gala. But we will.

I am happy to hear that these seem worth it. Thank you!

just a matter of semantics.. it's now the Happily Ever After dinner (with the Tremaines), not Cinderella's Gala Feast.

and just to clarify, CRT is a princess meal only for breakfast and lunch. Cindy is downstairs for dinner as she is with all meals, but upstairs only Fairy Godmother and Suzy and Perla occasionally appear for a brief show.

on the character tip, outside of special events, the 1900 Park Fare dinner is the only spot to find Prince Charming

because of hard cancellation policies, CRT should be able to open up spots 24 hours in advance. Park Fare has no cancellation policy.

I agree Park Fare is probably better than CRT for Cindy specifically.

Cindy also often appears at Princess Storybook in Norway (which carries a $10 per person no show policy), usually for lunch and dinner (it's also the only place to see Ariel with legs). I had lunch at PSB a year ago and had the fortune of seeing Belle in her yellow dress greet and then be visited by Aurora, Cindy, Ariel and Jasmine.

Aurora is easier to meet & greet outside meals though since she routinely appears in France whereas Cindy is more or less restricted to the toontown hall of fame.

so depending on how important it was for me, I'd secure a 1900 Park Fare just to have something, keep trying for CRT (especially the day before) and seriously consider PSB for lunch or dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter