Cindy's Breakfast advice & encouragement

Wow! I am reading this in amazement. I had no idea that it was so hard to get these reservations! Last time I was in WDW we walked in and waited about 15 min. to be seated for lunch. That was in June 2000, and from what I understand the meal is different now. We ordered from a menu, and I don't think any of the characters were actually there. My daughters really liked the atmosphere of the castle, but the food was mediocre and overpriced. I wasn't even planning to do it on this trip( July), but I have a 3 year old DD who LOVES Cinderella so I called yesterday afternoon (about 178 days out I think, and was offered B,L or D) I must just pick lucky dates or something. I chose dinner at 6:15 on 7/15 our last night there. Wow, I must have luck on my side. Why does everyone seem to want breakfast the most? It seems pretty pricy to me for preplated eggs etc.. for a few dollars more the L and D seems like a better deal (although there is no question you are paying for ambience not food!)
I wish everyone luck in getting their reservations!princess:

You may want to take her to lunch. Cinderella is in the entry and you can have her picture taken there, and there are several Princesses circulating in the dining room. You may also want to consider 1900 Park Fare if you want dinner. Cinderella and Prince Charming along with the mice are in the dining room. The Fairy Godmother is in the hall as you enter. It is less expensive but you are not in the castle.

Today is 180 days out for me. I tried this a.m. to get CRT ressies but was unsuccessful. :( I tried for 8/6 and 8/10. Should I try again at 180 days out for 8/10 or would that be a waste of a phone call? Any advice would be great.

I would not give up! On our first trip to CRT we got a ressie 4 days before after trying for 60 days.(now we get 180days to try). On our second trip both me and my DH got through for a ressie so we actually had one to cancel. You never know who is going to cancel. I would keep trying until the day I arrive. We disliked our first experience so much that when our dd's pleaded to go agian we didn't want too but we did go and LOVED it!!! It was our favorite meal/experience of the trip!

Good luck and have fun!

Today is 180 days out for me. I tried this a.m. to get CRT ressies but was unsuccessful. :( I tried for 8/6 and 8/10. Should I try again at 180 days out for 8/10 or would that be a waste of a phone call? Any advice would be great.

Is that 180 days out from CHECK IN or from when you want to eat there? That makes a BIG difference. It is well known that Disney only releases a very few CRT ADRs for the 180 +10 perk for onsite guests so its always best (and better results) to call at exactly 180 days from when you want to eat....this only applies to CRT and PSB.

Keep calling! Try various times throughout the day as well. People cancel and reschedule all the time. I didn't get my first choice of days so took my second. I also didn't get breakfast like we wanted but got lunch instead. It was fine! You're totally not there for the food anyway, right? :rotfl: Also, I was skeptical but wanted to see if I could move the time for our lunch ressie up a bit. So, I called about 60 days before our trip. Surprise! There was a random cancellation so we were able to change our time. You just never know. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

Thanks to all for the advice on CRT. We are a group of 13 so it's not so easy to change everything around. We have ADRs for at least one meal every day so I would have to move other stuff around as well. I will check with the rest of my party and see if they want to keep trying. There are a few control freaks in the group so it's not so easy to just switch stuff around on them.

Thanks again for the advice. If it was just my family of 5 I would definitely call every day for the next 180 days!

I have never NOT gotten Cindys. I always start calling about 5 minutes before dining officially opens. I grab DH and put him to work as well. ;) He calls on his cell phone. I call on mine and I also call on our home phone.

With this plan I also was able to help a friend get it once. She used both her home and cell phone, while DH and I used ours and our home phone to help her.

We were connected to each other via instant messenger so if one of us got through and got it the other would know immediately so we didn't book twice.

I had such an easy time getting ADRs for July 10, about 170 days out (I feared I'd missed my window). I called late in the morning, and had SEVERAL times open for our first day available. I didn't even ask about the other eight days or lunch. I'm curious why.

I called again this a.m. (which is 180 days from the day I wanted to go to CRT) and got through right away. I was able to get a 8:20 reservation for my party of 13.:banana:

Thanks for the advice and encouragement!

I called again this a.m. (which is 180 days from the day I wanted to go to CRT) and got through right away. I was able to get a 8:20 reservation for my party of 13.:banana:

Thanks for the advice and encouragement!

:banana: Congrats!

I told you you'd have much better luck calling at 180 days from when you want to eat rather than 180 days from check-in.! So glad it worked for you!

I called and wanted ADR's for Aug 7th. Although we are arriving on the 6th the CM I talked to told me I have to call back tomorrow to make my ADR's:confused3 I called back again a few minutes ago and was told the same thing? I am keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow:thumbsup2

UPDATE~~~~~~I called Bright & Early this morning and was able to make my ressie for CRT for the 8 of us for Aug 7th with no problems!! Yay...so happy:banana: :cool1: :yay:

We got Breakfast ADR's but now I need to know who I will be seeing. Will Cindy be in the lobby?

We got Breakfast ADR's but now I need to know who I will be seeing. Will Cindy be in the lobby?

When we were there in Nov. as well as last May, Cinderella was in the lobby. You get your picture taken with her before you eat, and they bring it to you during your meal. In November we saw Snow White, Jasmine, Belle (in her blue dress) and Fairy Godmother. In May we saw Snow White, Aurora, Belle (in her blue dress) and Fairy Godmother.

A couple of years ago there was a thread with instructions on calling for ADRs. Wondering if someone could post the link to this thread or another thread like it.
It talked about calling the number, and was something like when you hear this press 1, start calling at 3 minutes to 7am. Along those lines. It really got me through quickly. Does anyone have tips like this.
Thanks
Nancy

A couple of years ago there was a thread with instructions on calling for ADRs. Wondering if someone could post the link to this thread or another thread like it.
It talked about calling the number, and was something like when you hear this press 1, start calling at 3 minutes to 7am. Along those lines. It really got me through quickly. Does anyone have tips like this.
Thanks
Nancy

First you can call their toll free number: 800-828-0228. Be sure to practice this once before your call day.

Hit: #3 for dining - but you must wait till he finishes talking about the 180 days and high call volume speech.

Then hit: #1 (option for orlando area or within 7 day) as soon as you hear 'if you are calling for Victoria and Alberts'....note, you do NOT have to listen to the whole message.

Then hit: #2 (to skip the survey) as soon as you hear him say "you have been selected to participate in a survey"...note, you do NOT have to listen to the whole message.

Now you just wait for someone to answer.

Have all your info ready; date, time, number of guests and have your credit card ready. This is now pre-paid unless you are on the dining plan; then they are just taking the CC number to keep on file for the fees in case you do not show up and do not cancel.

This meal is MUCH easier to get now that it is at 180 days, it is pre-paid, the price increase, and it's a character meal for lunch as well. So you should get what you want calling at 7:00a at your actual 180 day mark.

Hope this helps! :goodvibes

I called the 407-WDW-DINE # at 6:59 AM (5:59 AM Chicago Time - Uch) and you hit the 1 each time and you will get through. I started dialing at 6:58 and kept it up for a minute when it connected. I did listen to the message for the survey and still got in. I called 180 days out and got 8:10 for 7 people.

I called around 180 days out (may have even been a little less) and had no problem getting a reservation for 4 for lunch on 10/19.

My dd is so excited! :cool1:

It is not nearly as hard to get this anymore. I called about 160 or so days out and had my choice of times and days for breakfast--for our July trip. Due to the price increase and advance payment requirement, CRT is an easier deal now. Lots of people are reporting that.

Just learned we could go in October and called today and got CRT Breakfast on 10-6-07 no problem. This sure beats the days when I was getting up early and calling with two phones in my hand!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter