Cirque du Soleil - use my wishes or purchase tickets?

queenofhearts

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I am planning a trip to Disneyworld, and I'm postive that we want to go to the Cirque du Soleil. We are going on the Disney Discovery Magic Plan. I was told that if we wanted to use our wishes for the Cirque, we could not make reservations until we arrive in Disneyworld.

Should we use our wishes for this, or should we purchase the tickets in advance? I'm worried about not being able to get good seats for the show if we use our wishes and have to wait to make our reservations.

Thanks! :)

..is the alternative to getting tix to Cirque? (would you "do" Hoop-de-Doo or some other expensive restaurant?) I don't belive that the time of year that you will be going will be as busy as other times of the year, so I wouldn't worry about getting good seats. Besides, virtually every seat at Cirque is a winner! Remember, the tix for this are pretty pricey, so I'd use the wishes for this and just pay for dinner (or whatever you planned on using them for). I believe that the price for an adult is somewhere around $70, and I don't think you would spend that much on a meal; just MHO!!

My husband and I did this on our honeymoon and we were on the Discovery Magic Plan. We did use two of ours wishes for Cirque, and two others to eat at Fultons that night. Upon arrival and check in to our hotel, I asked the Cm at the reservations desk if we could order tickets to Cirque. He said the only showing during our time there was that same night. Mind you, we had jet lag like you wouldnt believe. We ended up saying yes to the tickets, went to dinner, and then to the show. Guess where we sat?? Center stage, front row! 100.00 tickets!!! Our meal was also 230.00, so our entire evening was 430.00 worth of fun! We loved the seats we had, and we loved being able to interact with the characters. Some people ahve complained about up front tickets, but it was great...BTW, this was a Friday night, during July, peak season!!

:)
Kimmar067- You make a good point. We are going in off season, so we probably wouldn't have too much of a hard time getting tickets with our Discovery Wishes. And, I'm so glad to hear that most all of the seats are great!!!

KJMAX1- Thanks for sharing your experience!!! It sounds like you had a fabulous time!

I think the verdict is.....We'll be using our wishes! Thanks to all!
:D

Just thought Id add this. During the time we used our Wishes, we were allowed to use as many as we would like at one time, knowing we wouldnt be able to use them on other days. So by day 7, we had like 5 wishes still left, and we used them all on our last night there. You might want to check on this, and enjoy a nice dinner with the show, and eat fast food another night and skip the previously used wishes.

About La Nouba seats: there are no bad seats. Every seat has a great view of the stage. My DW and I saw the show (3rd time) on May 15th -- we were down front row center. We liked the seats for most of the show, except it was hard to see the pre-show clown antics, the "parade" at the beginning and the trapeze act was hard on the neck.

In April I saw it and sat on row GG (section 203). These were great seats, too. Saw everything very clearly and no neck strain. (However, I would not have traded the front-row center seats for anything! It was great to see the performers expressions.)

One note: most of the time seats are randomly assigned by their computer. Since we were staying on the concierge level at WL, we had the concierge get seats for us. He actually went to the box office and ordered our front row seats! Talk about Disney magic and service! This was way above and beyond the call of duty!

Whether you pay or use wishes (we used wishes), the show is terrific!!

Thanks everyone for the responses! We're staying at the AKL Concierge (can't wait!!). So, when the concierge contacts me, I'll tell them that we want to use our wishes for the Cirque du Soliel. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll be willing to reserve some tickets for us. Thanks for all of the great advice I've received on this board! :)

We are staying at the BC concierge in July and they can't book your Cirque tickets until you check in. That is if you are using your wishes for them. If you choose to pay they will book them right away. We are also on on the Discovery Magic plan and THEN they annouce the Passholder discounts 25% off. SO I have the dilemma of using wishes or just buying the tickets outright. Decisions, Decisions.

Either way Cirque is WONDERFUL, I have had the privledge of seeing it 3 times, July will be the 4th. I've also seen the 2 Cirque's in Vegas, "O" and "Mystere"

BowlingAriel- Thanks for the info! I love the Cirque du Soleil. I saw Dralion when it came to Atlanta, and it was spectacular!! So, I know we definitely want to see the show in Disneyworld. I think we'll use our wishes, and maybe our concierge will book them when we check-in. :)

Have fun in July!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter