Cirque du Soleil ?

You guys got me looking at the Cirque du Soleil website. Found Luzia near my home and plan to buy tix today :)

I think you guys hit the greatest idea ever - a Disney themed Cirque du Soleil show. That would get me there next time we go!

I know I'm not the only one with this sentiment, however I truly hope that they bring in a new Cirque show or consider a Broadway style Disney World exclusive show. Considering how successful La Nouba has been for the last twenty years, and the crowds that Disney theater entertainment draws, I think it would be foolish to put anything else in its place.
agreed!

Disney had a survey, a few years ago, with questions about a Mickey themed Cirque show.

I would think there would already be an announcement if Cirque was under contract for a new show.

Disney had a survey, a few years ago, with questions about a Mickey themed Cirque show.

I would think there would already be an announcement if Cirque was under contract for a new show.

My guess is that they will delay the announcement if the theatre renovation is going to take an extended time. If the theatre will be dark for 6-8 months, there's no rush in promoting the replacement.

With Cirque owning Blue Man Group now, it would be awesome if they were to build a theater that could house shows from both, and then do some kind of alternating schedule.

I've seen a couple of people mention blue man group now, surely they wouldnt want two blue man group shows in Orlando? Unless the universal one is closing?

I have a firsthand report from someone that spoke to a current La Nouba performer off-site and they said to expect an announcement close to the end of the year that a new Cirque show will open at the theater in 2019. The theme isn't known.

Last edited:

I know I'm not the only one with this sentiment, however I truly hope that they bring in a new Cirque show or consider a Broadway style Disney World exclusive show. Considering how successful La Nouba has been for the last twenty years, and the crowds that Disney theater entertainment draws, I think it would be foolish to put anything else in its place.

was it really that successful?

was it really that successful?

I don't know the official count, but this USA Today story says that when it closes "more than 11 million people will have seen one of La Nouba's nearly 9,000 performances."

USA Today: https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...nouba-cirque-du-soleil-show-closes/500478001/

There are two older Cirque du Soleil shows that are still running. "O" at the Bellagio opened about two months before "La Nouba". The king is "Mystere", also in Las Vegas. That show opened five years before "La Nouba", in 1993.

For comparison, here are top 5 the longest running Broadway shows, with number of performances.
  1. The Phantom of the Opera: Over 12,000 performances (still running)
  2. Chicago: Over 8,700 performances (still running)
  3. The Lion King: Over 8,300 performances (still running)
  4. Cats: 7,485 performances (closed September 2000)
  5. Les Miserables: 6,680 performances (closed May 2003)
Broadway shows by performance: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_longest-running_Broadway_shows

I'm certain "La Nouba" isn't anywhere close to any of those shows in terms of revenue. Broadway tickets are a lot more expensive. But, I'm sure Cirque du Soleil and Disney view the show as wildly successful.

I am now considering taking my 12-year-old daughter to see the show when we go the beginning of December. I know that they list different types of seating. Any recommendations?

I am now considering taking my 12-year-old daughter to see the show when we go the beginning of December. I know that they list different types of seating. Any recommendations?

There honestly isn't a bad seat in the theater. I've sat in section 105 in the row closest to the stage, and in section 203 row BB, and both experiences were completely different. Personally, I think you're going to get a better view of the show from the mid-rows higher up rather than on the stage because you'll need to crane your neck to see the aerial performers (and in most cases you're looking up underneath them, which in my opinion isn't as fun to watch as seeing them straight on). However, on the flip side, if you sit on the stage you're so close to the performers you can practically reach out and touch them. It's really up to you what you think you both will enjoy more.

Although it sounds like a cliche, mrswillson is correct when saying there's not a bad seat in the La Nouba theatre. Most Cirque du Soleil shows use a thrust stage where seats surround the stage on three sides. The benefit of that set-up is that all of the seats are relatively close to the stage. The La Nouba theatre has 8 rows in the lower section and 11 rows in the upper section. In a traditional theatre, it's not unusual to have 30-40 rows.

la-nouba-seating-chart.jpg

I've seen La Nouba 20+ times. I've been in every section except 103. I agree with mrswillson's assessment that each area of the theatre has strengths. There are some aerial acts that are tougher to see in the front section. But, the finale of the show is much more exciting when you experience it from right near the stage.

I think the best value is either Category 1 or Category 2.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!