Cirque du Soleil...

Babyfatt

Mouseketeer
Well Downtown Disney isn't really a theme park but here goes a question:

I'm tempted to go to the Cirque du Soleil performance and would like to have any thoughts from the Dissers out there that went.

So, was it good, so so, bad, what? Give me your opinions. Please.

LOVE IT!

Hubby and I are HUGE Cirque fans (currently writing this from the Cirque inspired computer room).

Ok seriously. When La Nouba first opened I was one of those that said wow, that's a lot of money. But a friend bought me tickets and we went, I was BLOWN away. The show is amazing, it is unbelievable what the performs can do. Since then we have seen Alegria twice, La Nouba about 7 times, Quidam 4 times, "O" once, Mystere once, Dralion once and Varekai 3 times, I can't wait to go to Vegas again to see the new show Ka (which opens in November).

I can't say enough about Cirque Du Soleil. I honestly don't know anyone that didn't like it.

We just saw it...

Here's my opinion. If you are a die-hard Cirque fan, it is a good addition but is not as impressive as other shows - even as some of the touring shows. If you have only seen one or haven't seen any, it is a great experience and a great start to what may become an obsession.

We are on the die-hard side. DH has only two shows he has never seen, I have three - and that includes the one that hasn't opened yet at MGM in Vegas (but was just announced). We weren't as impressed with La Nouba *in comparison to the others*.

Humphreythebear: you should see Zumainty. The nudity is tastefully done and absolutely amazing... and really funny at times.

I agree with Davids-Coco :) La Nouba is an amazing show and a good start to the Cirque experience. Definetly go see it if you have not seen a Cirque performance. We are Die-hard Cirque Fans as well, DH and I have seen all but 3 shows (but 2 don't count as they are not open yet...we have not seen Saltimbanco (because it is in Europe), Ka (which opens in November at the MGM Grand) and Cirque 2005 (the new touring show which has not been named yet but opens in April).

The only issue that we have with Cirque is that it is addictive. Once you have seen one show you want to see them all :) The performances are awesome, the music is great, it is an all around good time and definetly a show you will never forget.

It is an incredible show for adults. Me and my DH just went in January and it blew us away! The performers were unbelievable. If you have any small children I wouldn't reccomend it simply because it is not in english and not at all geared towards kids.

It is definately worth the money! I suggest you go.:thewave:

it was really great and ( gulp) worth every penny! we had cat. 2 seats which imo were fine. never once did i wonder if it was over soon but instead just kept hoping it wasn't! i would go again and would like to take the fam. this time. we are not normally big circus or theatre fans . i had really never seen anything like it and it was a highllight of our trip

its expensive, but totally worth the cost. my husband and i loved it! add dinner at one of the restaurants in downtown disney and you have a great "date night" on your vacation! :earsgirl:

Yes! It is worth the money. We went back & forth about it, we never saw any Cirques shows so this was a totally new experience for us. We were NOT disappointed.

Even my then 4 year old son enjoyed it. He got totally into it & still talks about it. When I ask if he would like to see Cirque again he quickly says YES!!!!

We do plan on seeing it again when we go back in 2 years

The cost held me back for a couple years, but we went to see it last year and I'm soooo glad we did. I have also seen Dralion in person and think I prefer it as a show, but there are certain advantages to the "fixed location" shows such as La Nouba and the ones in Las Vegas. They can do a lot more technically with the show in a dedicated theatre than they can in a big tent.

We saw La Nouba last year, I had bought the tickets as a surprise for my DH who absolutely loves Cirque! We loved it!! First live show though, he's glued to his chair when there are Cirque shows on TV. His favorite is Alegria and for me, I want to see "O" but that would include a visit to Las Vegas..just something about the water...:)

It was well worth the money, we had great seats and DD 8 was with it and loved the show too!

My $.02 -

It is well worth the money and is a highly entertaining show for people of all ages. It is generally geared towards kids [being at WDW an all...] but I have yet to meet anyone who went, who hasnt liked it [a lot].

I have seen 3 of the Cirque' shows so far, with La Nouba being the first, and intend on seeing others when possible. I will be visiting Vegas in March and plan on seeing "O" to make #4.

My DH and I saw it this past May for our Anniversary, and...OH MY GOSH!!! We were totally blown away...it was incredible!!! We had seats on the front row, and we were able to see even their expressions on their faces. We didn't want the show to end! It was absolutely amazing and totally worth every cent.

I can't wait until our next trip, because we are definitely seeing that show again! WOW!!

We, too, had seats in the first row. It is simply flat-out amazing! It was definitley one of the highlights of the first trip to WDW with my girlfriend. We bought the CD and listen to it whenever we need a mental flashback to our vacation.

You will not regret it.

We went to the parks on an EE morning, had a late character breakfast and returned to rest at our hotel for the afternoon. We then headed over to DTD for a great dinner at Fulton's and saw Cirque. Not a bad day out, n'est pas?

We were going to go 2 years ago, but timewise, couldn't fit it in.... this year we're going!!! I just received my tickets for the night after Thanksgiving, 6pm show, section 102, row H, seats 9 & 10..... I can't wait! :teeth: I've only seen Cirque on TV and know there is no comparison.

We're huge Cirque fans, too! We've seen LaNouba twice, also "O", Zumanity, & Dralion. I would definitely say it's a don't miss experience, & yes, it is addictive! Go see it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter