Cirque du Soliel

Cirque is talking about 2019, and the director is a Cirque vet. I'm very excited to see his work, and trust him to make something tasteful as he knows Cirque's ways very well. I've also heard they are not tearing down the La Nouba building, just sprucing up the interior so it's not so 1999. No major news about the show has been released though.

I can't guess a date yet BUT I do have an idea about the content, as I'm a Cirque junkie. They're calling for an animation/movie related theme show for Disney Springs. In the past, CDS has had two different shows (with many of the same show elements) relating to the animation/movie making business. They had a short-lasting 'permanent' show in Los Angeles called IRIS. When that closed prematurely, many of the artists, acts, technical and set elements were integrated into PARAMOUR, Cirques first Broadway show, which was doing quite well under they got "mutually" booted out by the Lyric Theatre. I have a strong feeling that many of the same elements will be integrated into this show, as both shows directly revolved movie production, animation, and showmanship. If I am right, I'm curious as to how they would take a regular stage setup (such as IRIS and PARAMOUR had) and turn it into the round-stage setup that LA NOUBA had and I'm assuming that the new Disney show will have.

CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS! La Nouba is what got me hooked onto Cirque shows in the first place!

2020 according to sources

Wow - that really does surprise me. I know a lot of work goes into one of their shows, but I had assumed they had started that work years ago in order to minimize the downtime for the space. They must be doing a massive rework of the interior of the theater.

They had a short-lasting 'permanent' show in Los Angeles called IRIS. When that closed prematurely, many of the artists, acts, technical and set elements were integrated into PARAMOUR, Cirques first Broadway show, which was doing quite well under they got "mutually" booted out by the Lyric Theatre. I have a strong feeling that many of the same elements will be integrated into this show, as both shows directly revolved movie production, animation, and showmanship.

Didn't see Paramour, but I did see Iris. The only scene from that show that I think might re-emerge in this new show is the hand-to-hand act that used live camera projections. It resembled stop-motion animation, except in real time. They might be able to work some magic and change the on-screen part to resemble Disney characters.

It's the first part of this pirated video of the show.

If I am right, I'm curious as to how they would take a regular stage setup (such as IRIS and PARAMOUR had) and turn it into the round-stage setup that LA NOUBA had and I'm assuming that the new Disney show will have.

All reports have indicated that the thrust stage used for La Nouba will remain. The traditional seating, known as a proscenium stage, would require extensive renovation (or more likely a new theatre) because that set-up has all seats basically viewing the stage straight ahead. Turning the current building into a proscenium would result in lots of dead space and fewer seats. Fewer seats mean less profit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!