• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Claratin for Sea Sickness

Samsma

DIS Veteran
i read on someones trip report that their Dr. suggested Claratin (allergy med.) for seasickness. Has anyone heard of this? Since I usually need this anyway, I could kill two birds....

I have never heard of this before, but my son used to take Claritin for his allergies, and he still got seasick, so I would think it is not true.

We have bought the ReliefBands that send the electrical impulse that fools your brain into thinking that you are stable and these work like a charm and have absolutely no side effects. They are pricey but worth it because you can use them for years.

Theoretically it could work, as most nausea medicines are antihistamines. In my experience, though, it doen't do too much.

I'm the person who listed it in their trip report. My pediatrician recommended that we take Claritin for sea sickness - I believe it was "D". The one that does not make you drowsy. We happened to have the tabs that melt on your tongue - so we used those. I was traveling with my husband and two sons - 8 and 10. We had no problem at all with sea sickness. I only used the Claritin tabs when we were at sea - not on our port days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter