Class-Action Lawsuit against Disney Parks filed - CORRECTION: not class-action

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is supposed to account for both. It's ridiculous that people with disabilities are forced to wait LONGER than standby, and they should fix the situation - and hopefully will. The whole "it might all equal out in the end" idea is just ridiculous when you consider that the point of the DAS is to help people who can't manage regular lines. Plus, oftentimes the early morning SB times are LONGER than actual, so people with DAS are already likely waiting longer overall.

In the meantime, I have heard that if you are waiting longer than 10min in a FP+ line, you should go to the ride CM and tell them, and they will give you an anytime/anyride FP.

More time than not the SB time thats marked is way off and it takes WAY longer so the people with the DAS are getting in way before even with the ten min wait in the FP line. It works both ways.

It is supposed to account for both. It's ridiculous that people with disabilities are forced to wait LONGER than standby, and they should fix the situation - and hopefully will. The whole "it might all equal out in the end" idea is just ridiculous when you consider that the point of the DAS is to help people who can't manage regular lines. Plus, oftentimes the early morning SB times are LONGER than actual, so people with DAS are already likely waiting longer overall. In the meantime, I have heard that if you are waiting longer than 10min in a FP+ line, you should go to the ride CM and tell them, and they will give you an anytime/anyride FP.

Here is what I have been saying, just read this and you will see the truth, it's not the children , it's the parents that want the special treatment .

OK, we are done here.
For the record, I will say that I am at WDW now. There are some threads that say FP lines are long. We have seen some that looked long - for example, the one at Soaceship Earth early this evening went from the line entrance to the building. In fact, there was someone at the top with an issue. Once that was solved, the line started moving. From the time I scanned my Magicband the first time until I got into a ride vehicle was under 3 minutes.

Same thing at the Safari at AK yesterday. There was a roped off line area with a turn (so two twenty foot sections of line before getting to the Fastpass Plus scanner. We figured it would be a long wait, but again it was an issue with the guests at the front of the line. We spent less than 10 minutes total in the Fastpass line before reaching the wheelchair boarding area.

OK, we are done here.
For the record, I will say that I am at WDW now. There are some threads that say FP lines are long. We have seen some that looked long - for example, the one at Soaceship Earth early this evening went from the line entrance to the building. In fact, there was someone at the top with an issue. Once that was solved, the line started moving. From the time I scanned my Magicband the first time until I got into a ride vehicle was under 3 minutes.

Same thing at the Safari at AK yesterday. There was a roped off line area with a turn (so two twenty foot sections of line before getting to the Fastpass Plus scanner. We figured it would be a long wait, but again it was an issue with the guests at the front of the line. We spent less than 10 minutes total in the Fastpass line before reaching the wheelchair boarding area.

Great info as always, Sue! Have a great night. :goodvibes

Disney do not give into this lawsuit, in fact you should tighten up more on the DAS Pass esp after what I have read in here these last two days.

Personally, I can't see where people are "bashing" Autism or "blaming" the discontinuance of the GAC on those with Autism. People are using it as an example of how the GAC was unsustainable. That is all, that is not blaming or bashing. It is a fact that Autism has a high rate of incidence. If leukemia had the same or a high rate of incidence, then people could use that as an example.
It just so happens that with the high rate of Autism and the fact that the majority of those with Autism have difficulty waiting in crowded lines for a long period of time, Disney choose to establish the DAS to address the majority. Somehow, I don't see that as bashing or blaming but as being sensitive. The returning Vets may have PTSD and the DAS addresses their issues as well. Blaming and bashing are not the intent of the DAS. Look at it as a way to help.

Plan and simple, the GAC was not sustainable with the number of cards issued on a daily basis, for whatever reason. Disney needed to do something. Personally I look at Disney trying to solve an issues and being sensitive to the majority of their guests.

I know I said I was done engaging, but I cannot let this comment slide. I find nothing amusing about Autism (and you probably know that). As I mentioned earlier, I have Autism in my family. My own son was tested at an early age because he was nonverbal for longer than the norm. What I find amusing is that you have read all of the comments in this thread, posted multiple times, but can't "waste your time" reading the details of the lawsuit that this thread is about. That, to me, is, indeed, laughable.

I think it's pretty obvious that this thread isn't about the lawsuit, even if it started out as such. It doesn't seem as though very many posters have restricted their comments to the details of the lawsuit.

The autism bashing is a serious issue, no matter who's doing it or what their own experience is. I'll continue to speak up about it on other threads that turn into the same, regardless if it's the main topic or not.

I guess with that attitude Sue will continue to close threads with isn't fair to the rest of us who are talking about the law suit.

It is supposed to account for both. It's ridiculous that people with disabilities are forced to wait LONGER than standby, and they should fix the situation - and hopefully will. The whole "it might all equal out in the end" idea is just ridiculous when you consider that the point of the DAS is to help people who can't manage regular lines. Plus, oftentimes the early morning SB times are LONGER than actual, so people with DAS are already likely waiting longer overall. In the meantime, I have heard that if you are waiting longer than 10min in a FP+ line, you should go to the ride CM and tell them, and they will give you an anytime/anyride FP.

It's really not different than anyone else. Sometimes lines are longer than posted, sometimes shorter. It's offset by the fact that you can do other things while you're 'waiting.' It has advantages and disadvantages.

I've never heard about getting a FP and I doubt that happens at all. FP lines are meant to be shorter than standby. They aren't guaranteed to be 10 minutes.

I guess with that attitude Sue will continue to close threads with isn't fair to the rest of us who are talking about the law suit.

Maybe the autism bashing is contributing to the closing of these threads, as I'm sure would be the case if other disabilities were being discussed in such a derogatory manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!