Classic Soda Package

skwak

Can't wait to work for Mickey someday!!
Does anyone know if you have to carry around the bulky Coke souvenir cup in order to get a soda at the bars and lounges? Or can they tell from your room key that you have the package and will give you a soda in a disposable cup?

My son would likely use the package but the thought of carrying the dang cup everywhere sounds like a pain! :jumping3:

Correct. You need the cup if you want soda from freestyle machines. But you can use your sea pass card at any bar or MDR to get a glass of soda.

Thanks everyone. Just to clarify a bit if you can - if you do NOT have the soda package do they charge you for a soda at dinner?

Thanks! Sorry to be so anal with the questions but I have a small village behind the scenes asking me questions. :)

Would a Shirley Temple also count as a part of the soda package at dinner? So if you have a soda package your youngster can get a Shirley Temple for free?

OK sorry again - Lemonade and Ice Tea are free at dinner, right?

Lemonade and Iced Tea are free. Not sure about the Shirley Temple (we don't usually get any drink packages)

Thanks! Sorry to be so anal with the questions but I have a small village behind the scenes asking me questions. :)

Would a Shirley Temple also count as a part of the soda package at dinner? So if you have a soda package your youngster can get a Shirley Temple for free?

Just tell them you want cherry 7-up with cherry.

just to be clear - the youngster would have to have the package, not just you, i believe. that may not have been how you meant to word it but that is how i read it :)

If my father has a coffee and an orange juice at breakfast, a single glass of soda during lunch, but two glasses of soda and a coffee during dinner what will he be charged for?
Can somebody break this down for me?

so I am also doing the math.. your father if he drinks the standard free drip coffee will not be charged for any coffee. Juices I read are included at breakfast, but not the freshly squeezed kind but from the machines. ( honestly more sugar I would think). A soda on the Oasis right now is 3.5 plus the 18% gratuity. about 4.13 a soda... sooo a soda package, especially if on sale is a better deal. especially when you add in gratuity. If one strictly drinks 1 or two a day, better out of pocket.. but more I would say soda package

We also got the refreshment package for my DH and I. As we are premium coffee drinkers and like bottled, sparkling water. We got the package for 22 a day recently on sale. Seeing a coffee (latte is 4,50 small to 5,50 large plus 18% over 5 at least) and we drink 2 a day... plus sparking water and sodas and a few smooties or mocktails we definately win here. Alcohol package is 54 a person (on sale now, normally much more) but still simply to expensive even though we could break even. I just refuse to spend 900 dollars for us two to drink all-inclusive. that is a quarter a vacation budget. between the 2 bottles wine we bring on board ( covers us 2 days) we will pay OOP for drinks... beer 8 plus tip and wine from 9-15 a glass. cocktails run 11 or 13... plus 18%

when doing math keep gratuity in mind.. 18% or if on the med sailing like us another 10% VAT thanks to Spain... packages bought ahead have 18% included and no VAT

I also have what is probably an odd question: we just got off of Celebrity Solstice and the sodas we were served were warm. The servers just poured the warm soda over ice, which was okay, but if we’d known that in advance, we would’ve skipped the package.

On Royal, is there a way to get cold soda? I didn’t realize until I read this thread that Royal has freestyle machines on board. We have a Royal cruise on Harmony booked for next spring and we will definitely get the soda package again if we can get cold sodas.

If my father has a coffee and an orange juice at breakfast, a single glass of soda during lunch, but two glasses of soda and a coffee during dinner what will he be charged for?
Can somebody break this down for me?
He will be charged for a soda at lunch and two sodas at dinner. Coffee, regular OJ (not fresh squeezed) and tea are free.

On Royal, is there a way to get cold soda? I didn’t realize until I read this thread that Royal has freestyle machines on board. We have a Royal cruise on Harmony booked for next spring and we will definitely get the soda package again if we can get cold sodas.
I suppose you could ask if there are any refrigerated cans. Otherwise... I guess you're limited to whatever temperature they keep the syrup at?

I also have what is probably an odd question: we just got off of Celebrity Solstice and the sodas we were served were warm. The servers just poured the warm soda over ice, which was okay, but if we’d known that in advance, we would’ve skipped the package.

Sometimes bar servers walk around the pool or windjammer with a selection of drinks in a trolley of ice, theres usually a few cans of soda in there too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter