Cleaning--one small thing a day!

I have been stymied by our vacuum cleaner! All of the sudden it won't pick up the dog hair, It has been fine for the last two years and now nothing. Took it all apart and everything is clean, no blockages. Can't figure it out but now I'm stuck with beige carpets covered in black dog hair. It's put a damper on my cleaning efforts!

I have been stymied by our vacuum cleaner! All of the sudden it won't pick up the dog hair, It has been fine for the last two years and now nothing. Took it all apart and everything is clean, no blockages. Can't figure it out but now I'm stuck with beige carpets covered in black dog hair. It's put a damper on my cleaning efforts!
Try using a squeegee to "rake" it up-should do the trick!

Well, I really did not "clean" over the weekend, but I did keep up. We were busy so that was my mission. I did wipe up pollen all weekend long! Yikes, every surface in my house, including the floor is yellow 10 minutes after I use my dust mop and my cloths.

My sister just had a Norwex party. I was not able to attend, but my daughter sent me a few cloths to try out. They are some sort of microfiber cloth that is supposed to make cleaning much easier and environmentally friendlier. I am off on Wednesday, and since my bedroom is the room that seems to be most neglected in terms of dusting and washing windows lately, I am going to try them out there. I need to give the entire room a thorough cleaning and want to wash all my scarfs and blinds, so if I manage that task I am going to be very happy!

A donation question - have you found anyone that wants the wire hangers (when you clean out a closet) or do you just toss them?

Is the roller working? In the past, I've had to replace the little band that makes it move. Sounds silly, but I generally don't tip the vacuum over to see if the little roller is going around, so it was a few expletives before I figured out why the vacuum wasn't working.

If you got 2 yrs of service out of one vacuum band you're lucky.

I love the ideas from this thread. I'm currently cleaning my office at work. We're moving next week and the new place will have significantly less storage. I've been at this company almost 37 years and even though this will be my third move with them there is a lot to get rid of. Once that's done, I want to start the method here at home. Most rooms are manageable but there is a lot of old stuff that could be sent to Goodwill. I really wish DH wasn't attached to all of his mother's old Hummels and other collectables. I don't mind keeping a couple that have special meaning to him but she had so many. I especially want to clean the downstairs which used to be MIL's apartment. It sort of became our catchall and guest space after she died. DD and her husband may be moving in there later this year and I don't know where all of our stuff will go yet.

I really wish DH wasn't attached to all of his mother's old Hummels and other collectables. I don't mind keeping a couple that have special meaning to him but she had so many. I especially want to clean the downstairs which used to be MIL's apartment. It sort of became our catchall and guest space after she died. DD and her husband may be moving in there later this year and I don't know where all of our stuff will go yet.

I have a mess of old Precious Moments figures that I felt guilty about getting rid of -- so I boxed them up and just store them. My mom just admitted she's getting rid of hers (she's responsible for giving me most of mine), and I think I'm free now to release them.

Would he let you box them up and store for the time being? Or is there a family member who you could bless by giving them to them? I use that phrase on DH a lot -- "well, it's not really blessing us, but XXX would absolutely love it").

I have a mess of old Precious Moments figures that I felt guilty about getting rid of -- so I boxed them up and just store them. My mom just admitted she's getting rid of hers (she's responsible for giving me most of mine), and I think I'm free now to release them.

Would he let you box them up and store for the time being? Or is there a family member who you could bless by giving them to them? I use that phrase on DH a lot -- "well, it's not really blessing us, but XXX would absolutely love it").

That's an idea, thanks. I wouldn't mind if they were boxed up and sitting in the attic. At least there I wouldn't need to dust them!

I need to use this idea! Thanks for the tip.
We moved 2 years ago, and when we moved, I probably found 4 bottles of mouth wash. Well, I finally used the last bottle and just about threw up.
Blech, they expire like anything else.

Well, I really did not "clean" over the weekend, but I did keep up. We were busy so that was my mission. I did wipe up pollen all weekend long! Yikes, every surface in my house, including the floor is yellow 10 minutes after I use my dust mop and my cloths.

My sister just had a Norwex party. I was not able to attend, but my daughter sent me a few cloths to try out. They are some sort of microfiber cloth that is supposed to make cleaning much easier and environmentally friendlier. I am off on Wednesday, and since my bedroom is the room that seems to be most neglected in terms of dusting and washing windows lately, I am going to try them out there. I need to give the entire room a thorough cleaning and want to wash all my scarfs and blinds, so if I manage that task I am going to be very happy!

You will love the Norwex. It's all I use to clean my house. I don't use chemicals of any kind anymore - just Norwex cloths and a few of their products.

You will love the Norwex. It's all I use to clean my house. I don't use chemicals of any kind anymore - just Norwex cloths and a few of their products.
My sister, a cleaning machine, swears by them. I keep a clean house, albeit a house that needs more organization, but I never look a tool in the nose. If it makes my job easier I am all for it

Cleaned out and organized the linen closet tonight. Wow does that ever feel good! One full garbage bag of donations - mostly sheets (lots of them), one blanket, and a Christmas tree skirt. I cannot believe how many sheet sets we had that we just don't use. I saved three sets per bed, but I would like to see that eventually shrink to two sets per bed.

Oh! A couple of fun scores as a reward. In the closet, I found one of the old light bulbs that they don't make anymore. We needed a new bulb in a bathroom, so there it went. Last one we'll ever have like that, I guess. Also, I rescued from the heaps of stuff in the closet a barely used, gorgeous WDW castle throw that a friend gave me years ago and am now using it on the couch so I can dream of being back at Disney and think of my sweet friend who has since moved far away.

On the list for tomorrow, wiping down the staircase woodwork. I noticed the dust while I was cleaning out the linen closet since it's at the top of the stairs. Ick.

Cleaned out and organized the linen closet tonight. Wow does that ever feel good! One full garbage bag of donations - mostly sheets (lots of them), one blanket, and a Christmas tree skirt. I cannot believe how many sheet sets we had that we just don't use. I saved three sets per bed, but I would like to see that eventually shrink to two sets per bed.

Oh! A couple of fun scores as a reward. In the closet, I found one of the old light bulbs that they don't make anymore. We needed a new bulb in a bathroom, so there it went. Last one we'll ever have like that, I guess. Also, I rescued from the heaps of stuff in the closet a barely used, gorgeous WDW castle throw that a friend gave me years ago and am now using it on the couch so I can dream of being back at Disney and think of my sweet friend who has since moved far away.

On the list for tomorrow, wiping down the staircase woodwork. I noticed the dust while I was cleaning out the linen closet since it's at the top of the stairs. Ick.

WOW!!!

If you have a dog pound or shelter in the area they will gladly accept any linens you have. Old towels and blankets are welcomed.

Well today is my day off, and while I have a huge to do list, I plan to tackle my desk. My husband has a small farm and I am in charge of all the paperwork. Wish me luck! I figure that if I can make a dent in that heap that has developed I have accomplished a weeks worth of chores! LOL!

I'm moving along on the cleaning. Yesterday I took down the exhaust fan cover in the bathroom and cleaned a lot of funk off of it. I also listed a laundry basket of "nice junk" that didn't sell at our yard sale, but I couldn't bear to just give to Goodwill on Facebook Yard Sale/OfferUp/Craigslist. I sold 2 things already yesterday and have 3 more pending.

Today's big chore is to wash all the bedding/curtains in our guest room. That room rarely gets used and the bedding isn't really dirty, but is dusty and could use some freshening up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter