Cleaning--one small thing a day!

Well I have not accomplished all of the tasks I thought that I would, but I did accomplish others that seemed to be more pressing. I am continuing to go through the extra wardrobe and either washing clothes that I want and adding them to our closets, or washing them and placing them in my donation pile. I am pretty happy with the one thing a day, but I also am back to Flylady ready! YAY! Yesterday I did my 1 hour house blessing and even though it takes me about 3 to 4 hours, it has been a while since I was able to do this. I'm going to check to see which room FlyLady is focused on and get started!

I've mostly just been doing the usual cleaning needed to maintain sanity, but I did spend time in my closet yesterday getting rid of clothes I no longer wear. I still have more to do in there, but it's a start. 15 minutes sure does go by quickly.

Cleaned out the dryer vent piping yesterday. I am thankful we never had a dryer fire. We have about 8 feet of pipe to route the lint away from our ac units, and all 8 feet was jam packed with lint. Ugh! Our dryer has not been drying properly, so I thought to check the venting hoping that would solve the problem. Either we were too late or the dryer is just too old because the clean out didn't solve the problem. We'll be shopping for a new one tonight, and we will be doing this chore much more regularly now.

Spent 15 minutes cleaning/decluttering the laundry room. It's still a work in progress because it doubles as a small home office. I want it to be presentable before they deliver the new dryer (will take about 10 days!), so that's my focus for the next several days.

This morning I cleaned out the fridge. I threw out a ton of old condiments and scrubbed down the shelves. I am shocked at how so much dirt gets inside the fridge.

I did this last week. I was shocked! My veg drawers were the worst, and I am embarrassed that I was able to ignore the condition.

This week was productive, but not really in the cleaning department. I kept up, but not much extra that is tangible. My extras have been in regards to phone calls that have been stacking up. I got them out of the way and feel like that burden is gone. I also spent all day Saturday getting the yard backin shape. I had help, thank goodness, but is is done. I just need a few more plants to brighten it up, but I am waiting for the sales. I just want potted plant because after all the mulch work I am not digging holes and planting. I placed a few pots with flowers that need limited tending, and will finish next weekend if the sales are decent. Holy expensive for patio pots and hanging baskets this year!

Dropping in to say HI. Glad you guys are still going. :goodvibes

I am working like a mad woman. I am going to be having many garage sales for about a month to get rid of stuff.

On the clean 1 thing a day, I cleaned the bathtub/shower, top to bottom today. It is the second cleaning of the tub because we have hard water and getting rid of lime/soap scum in one shot never works. Have to do a third cleaning.

My daughter and I cleaned out the art cabinet. She's old enough now to appreciate quality art supplies, so we got rid of lots of supplies that are more appropriate for little kids and just kept the good stuff. It was kind of bittersweet for me.

Cleaned out the dryer vent piping yesterday. I am thankful we never had a dryer fire. We have about 8 feet of pipe to route the lint away from our ac units, and all 8 feet was jam packed with lint. Ugh! Our dryer has not been drying properly, so I thought to check the venting hoping that would solve the problem. Either we were too late or the dryer is just too old because the clean out didn't solve the problem. We'll be shopping for a new one tonight, and we will be doing this chore much more regularly now.

This reminded me of a tip from a friend! If you use dryer 'sheets' instead of liquid, it can cause a 'shield' on your lint screen. Try pouring water through it, if it doesn't go right through, clean it thoroughly with soap, water and brush!! That, too, can be a fire hazard!. I use liquid, and the water went right through, my friend uses sheets and the water puddled, which means the air can't get through easily, and it totally affects your dryer's efficiency, plus be a fire hazard!! :eek:

This reminded me of a tip from a friend! If you use dryer 'sheets' instead of liquid, it can cause a 'shield' on your lint screen. Try pouring water through it, if it doesn't go right through, clean it thoroughly with soap, water and brush!! That, too, can be a fire hazard!. I use liquid, and the water went right through, my friend uses sheets and the water puddled, which means the air can't get through easily, and it totally affects your dryer's efficiency, plus be a fire hazard!! :eek:

Thankfully we use liquid fabric softener or plain vinegar. I had no idea that could happen, though, so really good info to keep in mind. Thanks for spreading the word! : )

Dropping in to say HI. Glad you guys are still going. :goodvibes

I am working like a mad woman. I am going to be having many garage sales for about a month to get rid of stuff.

On the clean 1 thing a day, I cleaned the bathtub/shower, top to bottom today. It is the second cleaning of the tub because we have hard water and getting rid of lime/soap scum in one shot never works. Have to do a third cleaning.
Try using Easy Off Oven Cleaner in the blue can on the bathtub/shower. It is a miracle cleaner for soap scum!!!

Good Morning!! I am glad we are all continuing to maintain, and to adding a little extra. I spent yesterday doing extra and have a PSA for you: Do not waste time and money on a "streak less " outdoor window wash. I believed the hype and bought a Sparkle cleaner, hooked it up to my hose and went to town. It was supposed to clean through screens, so I hoped that would be true, my screens are all pollen again. Well the windows are clean but I have to wash then to get the spots off, so that is my chore today. Rewashing windows, this time with my Norwex cloths. I will say that my screens that had not been installed are spotless though, as is my car. I had balanced all the screens on it to wash and then washed that polleny thing too! When I finished all of that I washed the driveway, so now hopefully the oak pollen will not track back in the house.

If I dont check back in before the weekend, Have a great one!!!

I am officially on summer break now, so I started in earnest yesterday. The first task on my list was a particular kitchen drawer that was full of mostly unused stuff. It is neat, tidy, and useful now, and today I tackle the cupboard over the fridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter