Clearing Customs at MCO

prairiesarah

Mouseketeer
This will be our first time clearing customs at MCO. All previous trips we have flown through Minneapolis so cleared customs there. We are flying out of Regina on a direct flight with Westjet so no pre clearance here. Wondering what to expect when we get to MCO? I presume it will vary greatly depending on the time of day and how many other flights are coming in at that time. Will our Nexus cards/Global Entry speed up the process? (Only have used them once for this and there were next to no lines in MSP so not really any issue then). Thanks!

It’s been awhile but with Nexus you should have a dedicated Line and have no problem.

The only thing i can think of is to make sure you have the exact address of where you will be staying, just saying "Disney World" might not do if you get a stickler. We even had to provide the zipcode of the hotel once which caused a bit of a scramble :eek: (this was at a land crossing but they can still demand this detail at any point of entry)

Thank you all - that's what I was hoping as far as our Nexus cards.

The only thing i can think of is to make sure you have the exact address of where you will be staying, just saying "Disney World" might not do if you get a stickler. We even had to provide the zipcode of the hotel once which caused a bit of a scramble :eek: (this was at a land crossing but they can still demand this detail at any point of entry)

That is good to know and not something I wouldn't have thought of to have written down somewhere. Our last trip I was a bit surprised by the intensity of the questioning and that was at a land crossing too. (very rural one though so they were likely wondering what we were doing out there in the middle of nowhere - seriously didn't see another car for 1/2 hour north of the border to an hour plus south of the border). Will definitely make sure I have all our documentation for the trip in order and easy to access just in case.

Thanks all!

From Moose Jaw! :) Hello! We always did the Delta flight out of Regina as well. We did the direct flight from Regina last April (Easter)- and we had no problems clearing customs in MCO. Was nice and smooth very little wait. I imagine it depends on when you arrive and how many flights are in line ahead of you- lucky for us there were none. You go through customs and then pick up your bags. Slick and easy (well in our car it was). Have a great trip!

From Moose Jaw! :) Hello! We always did the Delta flight out of Regina as well. We did the direct flight from Regina last April (Easter)- and we had no problems clearing customs in MCO. Was nice and smooth very little wait. I imagine it depends on when you arrive and how many flights are in line ahead of you- lucky for us there were none. You go through customs and then pick up your bags. Slick and easy (well in our car it was). Have a great trip!

I am hoping this will be our experience too. It's such a novelty to by flying out of Regina on a direct flight to the destination...:D. So looking forward to getting away from winter for a week. There were some surprisingly good prices for flights in March and April (well April was better $ than March, but March was better for us to travel, some of the weeks in April were under $400 return on those direct flights).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!