Cliff Diving

JenJenJen

Earning My Ears
I have a dare devil of a daughter. She's wondering if there's somewhere she can try cliff diving during our stay at Aulani. Obviously not at the resort, but somewhere nearby the resort? We will be there through a Make A Wish Grant her sister received who does travel in a wheelchair. Any suggestions where to go?

Thanks.

I would really discourage you from allowing her to do this. This is not something you just wake up and decide to do. Real cliff divers train and learn how to read the conditions. For example, at one famous rock, you can only jump when the water is surging towards the beach. If it’s receding, you could break your neck.

Jumping off the wall at Waikiki Beach is a pretty safe, yet thrilling plunge.

My daughter did it in Maui but I did see a lot of people jumping off the wall/pier in Waikiki as mentioned by corgi_monster.

I would really discourage you from allowing her to do this. This is not something you just wake up and decide to do. Real cliff divers train and learn how to read the conditions. For example, at one famous rock, you can only jump when the water is surging towards the beach. If it’s receding, you could break your neck.

Jumping off the wall at Waikiki Beach is a pretty safe, yet thrilling plunge.
Very good advice. As I pointed out to my DD16 and DS14 who wanted to try this at Waimea Bay...what do you think is at the base of that big rock? More rocks.....

My sons (late teens / early twenties) and I have jumped off rock at Waimea Bay (North Shore) a number of times. It was great fun. There are risks which can vary based on time of year and ocean conditions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!