(CLOSED) The Smoking DSA's @ Resorts Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying at Saratoga over New Years, any smoking by the out side bar main pool. Even off to the side.

I can't remember exactly which DSA I was at but there were a LOT of non-smokers taking advantage of the shade and taking up room! One non-smoking couple with their 2 small children had camped out in a covered area with rocking chairs and complained about the smoke the entire time. The DSA was packed by the way and it was miserably hot that day too. They stayed there for over 30 minutes! I found that quite rude! I'm pretty sure it was the one at MK, near Thunder Mountain.

Non-smokers should stay out of the DSA's!!!

I agree!

Admittedly, sometimes I don't realize I'm going by a DSA (I'm a non-smoker so I've never paid attention to them on a map). The one between Japan and Morocco always catches me by surprise when I smell it, but then seeing several folks smoking and the obvious ashtray things...it's not hard to figure it out. Foolish to hang around and then to complain.

Sorry folks need to vent and this seemed the best place to do it. I have been reading the CBR thread, (we are staying there in January). There are a lot of people complaining that smokers are not using the DSAs. People are squatting on balconies and smoking right outside their rooms. I have read that there are plates of butts on the balconies. BAD FORM people. It leaves the impression all smokers are jerks who can't follow rules. I know that the followers of this thread are not the ones doing this. We wouldn't need this thread if we didn't want to follow the rules. Please pass on the word. If you see this happening call them on it. If this becomes a problem we will lose the tiny space we have left. As I said I am not accusing anyone here of this behaviour and look forward to meeting some of you in our little corners of Disney.

The 2 DSAs that I have used here this week are very different. The one at end of the main building (by the exit from the food court going toward the football section) has 2 benches both covered by umbrellas. The area is well maintained and the ashtrays are emptied frequently.
The 2nd area is the the Mickey statue right off the the Surf building. No umbrellas, one bench and poorly maintained as far as emptying the ashtrays go. This one was closer to my room but I ended up at the other DSA because of the umbrellas and the extra seating.

Sorry folks need to vent and this seemed the best place to do it. I have been reading the CBR thread, (we are staying there in January). There are a lot of people complaining that smokers are not using the DSAs. People are squatting on balconies and smoking right outside their rooms. I have read that there are plates of butts on the balconies. BAD FORM people. It leaves the impression all smokers are jerks who can't follow rules. I know that the followers of this thread are not the ones doing this. We wouldn't need this thread if we didn't want to follow the rules. Please pass on the word. If you see this happening call them on it. If this becomes a problem we will lose the tiny space we have left. As I said I am not accusing anyone here of this behaviour and look forward to meeting some of you in our little corners of Disney.

I was shocked by the woman smoking on the balcony right by our room one year. I called to report her several time but they never caught her. I was afraid the smoke would go in our room. Most people are compliant but some people ruin things.

I can't remember exactly which DSA I was at but there were a LOT of non-smokers taking advantage of the shade and taking up room! One non-smoking couple with their 2 small children had camped out in a covered area with rocking chairs and complained about the smoke the entire time. The DSA was packed by the way and it was miserably hot that day too. They stayed there for over 30 minutes! I found that quite rude! I'm pretty sure it was the one at MK, near Thunder Mountain.

Non-smokers should stay out of the DSA's!!!

I'm a non-smoker but my adult DD is a smoker. She and I took a week long trip to Disneyworld a year ago in September so that was the first trip where we needed to pay attention to where the smoking areas were. I always walked a little bit away while she smoked, as I don't care to smell the smoke. I just check Facebook on my phone while she smokes, or just plain ol' people watch. :) But I can't even imagine sitting in a smoking section for 30 minutes and not be a smoker. I agree, it was rude of that family to take up space and complain about the smoke the entire time.

Can anyone who has stayed at BWV recently give me an idea where to request a studio garden/pool view room near a TSA???

Thanks so much! :)

Does anyone know about being able to use vaporizers or vape pens on Disney property??? ::yes::It's technically not the same as smoking tobacco.:thumbsup2:smokin:

Most convenient would probably be the Ft Wilderness cabins, they allow smoking by the bbq in front of your cabin, if I remember right. Least would probably be BLT and AKL.

We stayed at Pop and walked over to AoA a few times and DH never had trouble finding a DSA. They're pretty plentiful.

W
Which resort hotel or villa has the most or most convenient DSA?
We just returned from OKW and there was a DSA right outside our building with a bench. I think there was one outside of each building. Also a nice section on the dock next to HH and in one front of the store, which I thought was strange because people entering the store had to walk past the DSA.

Staying at AKV Kidani. What would be the best room request so that we are close to the smoking areas?

Does anyone know about being able to use vaporizers or vape pens on Disney property??? ::yes::It's technically not the same as smoking tobacco.:thumbsup2:smokin:

Disney groups them with other smoking devices--they are to be used in DSAs only.

I wish it was that simple. I'm renting points so I am making my request through online check in and "close to the smoking area" is not an option.
Get in touch with the person (or company) from whom you rented the points. They should be able to contact Member Services and make the request.

Where are the smoking area's at Port Orleans Riverside? We are staying in Alligator Bayou preferred rooms area.

Staying at AKV Kidani. What would be the best room request so that we are close to the smoking areas?

NOT a good resort for smokers. :headache: We stayed there in 2012 and these were the only 2 available:

Pool area...
WaltDisneyWorld2012426.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld2012427.jpg

Covered parking area...
IMG_3152.jpg

If I remember correctly, this is the bus stop area...the sidewalk in the first picture is the same:
IMG_6870.jpg

Our trip that year was last minute and as a DVC member this was the only resort available for my daughter. The "kids" didn't mind :rotfl: as they're non-smokers but I would have to "disappear" at least 30 minutes to walk those l-o-n-g hallways to get to the elevator that would take me to the garage. I swear those halls go on and on FOREVER! :rotfl2: and...to top it off, our last night there I was "attacked" :scared1: verbally by a women in the elevator who was sooooo upset with a Disney bus driver she has "steam coming out of her ears"! :scared1: AND SHE KEPT YELLING AT ME!!! I finally told her I really didn't "give a _____"...I'd just spent my last day/night at DW at the walk-in clinic with an extremely infected finger that was (and would be) throbbing until I got home and visited my local ER! I just wanted to go down for one last smoke before the pain meds kicked in and really didn't want to listen to her rant! Then I got off the elevator at the next stop and TOOK THE STAIRS! :faint: Bottom line...be prepared for long walks regardless of which DSA you use (IF the garage one is still there!). Good luck! :tink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter