(CLOSED) The Smoking DSA's @ Resorts Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How spread out are the DSAs? I'm asking because I have asthma and I want to know if it would be really bothersome or if Disney has them fairly spread out. And are they big enough to be bothersome or does the wind usually take care of all the smoke? I don't hate smoking or anything [my best friend does smoke occasionally] I just need to know because I have asthma.

There are not many DSAs. They are shown on the park map, so you can easily avoid them if you want. I want to add that I have asthma too, and the smoke from the fireworks is much more of a problem for me than the DSAs are.

Really? Is that if you're super close the the fireworks? [I've never had a problem with fireworks because I've only ever seen them from a distance, lol]

Really? Is that if you're super close the the fireworks? [I've never had a problem with fireworks because I've only ever seen them from a distance, lol]

No. It is if I am down wind of the smoke. I now know to try and stand away from the way the smoke is blowing. It has given me a horrible asthma attack before.

No. It is if I am down wind of the smoke. I now know to try and stand away from the way the smoke is blowing. It has given me a horrible asthma attack before.

Oh my gosh, I am very sorry to hear that! Now that you mention it though I do see a lot of smoke in all of the pictures that are posted of the fireworks, so thanks for the tip!

At the Magic Kingdom, when they have a show in front of the castle, they close the walkway through the castle which forces you to walk to either side of the castle.... Both of which have DSAs. My daughter has asthma and has had an attack there before. Obviously now she just holds her breath and will run past these areas. Also, there is a DSA near Dinosaur at AK that we accidentally stumbled upon which gave her a really bad asthma attack. Usually, you can start to smell a little smoke and know what's coming, but that one really caught us off-guard. Actually, I can remember another time near Dinosaur that someone was just smoking (not in a DSA) and my daughter had to quickly hold her breath:(

For those that have stayed at POFQ. We will be there in two weeks and I was wondering what would be a good room request close to a DSA. Prefer 1st floor and also near main hall.

Thank you

For those that have stayed at POFQ. We will be there in two weeks and I was wondering what would be a good room request close to a DSA. Prefer 1st floor and also near main hall.

Thank you

Well POFQ is very compact so there are no rooms far from the food court, etc. I would word your request "close to DSA and 1st floor". Listing the most important of those two first.

I'm wondering about port Orleans riverside. I have a 7 year old son with asthma so I don't smoke near him at all...at home I go outside and shut the door. On the map it looks like there's a smoking area and a playground right next to each other, how far apart are they really? Is it feasible for me to watch him from the smoking area if I direct him to stay in certain areas?

The smoking area at POR you are referring to is the far side of the bar area so there are benches and the play area is about opposite. You can't see it all from the smoking area but unless you have a toddler it's probably close enough.

Cigar smoker here, Sosa Cigar is the place to go at DTD very good shop for buying cigars an excellent humidor and they stock Romeo & Julietta which are amazin! in the Uk they are about £20 each, in the US $7 I know the US ones are Habanna Reserve and not the Cubans im used to but still a good smoke. the resorts usually have a good selection of Don Thomas and R&J .... also Sosa's own brand are pretty good too!

sorry didnt know where else to share this info lol

Been going to Sosa's since they opened. For a on site location it is great. When we were there late December they had just started new smoking areas in Dt. Disney. Are any of the areas (DSA) covered for when it rains in late afternoon. Thanks for any feed back.

Been going to Sosa's since they opened. For a on site location it is great. When we were there late December they had just started new smoking areas in Dt. Disney. Are any of the areas (DSA) covered for when it rains in late afternoon. Thanks for any feed back.

In DTD? Last I checked, you are technically allowed to smoke almost anywhere outside at DTD.

Former smoker here. Not really a DSA question but more of a comment. As someone who used to smoke it always bothered me when you were in a DSA and a non smoker would walk past you and do the fake cough and say something snide like "ugh that's so bad for you". Duh... I think every smoker is aware its terrible for you. I hate that not only are they cutting down the number of DSAs but even when you're in one you have people trying to make you uncomfortable.

Former smoker here. Not really a DSA question but more of a comment. As someone who used to smoke it always bothered me when you were in a DSA and a non smoker would walk past you and do the fake cough and say something snide like "ugh that's so bad for you". Duh... I think every smoker is aware its terrible for you. I hate that not only are they cutting down the number of DSAs but even when you're in one you have people trying to make you uncomfortable.

I hate that too. I'm also a former smoker (little over 4 months since I had a cigarette now) but I will always have sympathy for how smokers are treated.

Is this correct? They have DSA's at Downtown Disney now. The DSA by Cinderella castle is gone.( I never liked that one anyway) I thought it was an odd place. Are there anymore changes at any of the other parks? My Dh and I both smoke. We always abide by the smoking rules. We don't even smoke in our house or cars. Dirty looks and coments just go with the territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter