Closest Parking

luvsvacations

DIS Veteran
Hi, we have tickets for the Meet Up. I have someone with limited walking. As I remember the walk from the parking lot has no where to stop and rest. Would it be easier/closer to park and pay at one of the hotels and take the boat over?? Unfortunately, I was not thinking about the walk in (as I recall it is quite a distance) when I bought the tickets. Thanks

I'm pretty sure they have wheelchairs in the garage. Not sure if they're complementary to use til you get to the park or not but it's an option.

I think I might use the Lyft option - had not though of that. We will be coming from Cypress Pointe. As I have never used lyft (we will have a car) is the tip in your payment?? Thanks

I think I might use the Lyft option - had not though of that. We will be coming from Cypress Pointe. As I have never used lyft (we will have a car) is the tip in your payment?? Thanks
If Lyft works like Uber, then yes, the tip is included in the price. So when you open the app and request a car, the price they give you is the total price that you will be charged.

If you're doing the drop off idea at a hotel I recommend specifically The Hard Rock.

OK but what would that be the easiest as opposed to taking a boat?? THanks

If you're dropped off at HRH you wouldn't need a boat. You could probably get a complimentary wheelchair if really needed. Security would be a breeze. It is the closest and easiest drop off point other than the closest drop off point (although not free) would be be valet.

EDIT: At Valet they have benches for waiting for your car.

Last edited:
If Lyft works like Uber, then yes, the tip is included in the price. So when you open the app and request a car, the price they give you is the total price that you will be charged.
Never used Uber but the tip is not included in the base price for the ride on Lyft; tip screen is at the end after dropoff in the ratings screen in the app.

We're going to the meetup too :) We stay at one of the premier resorts when we go just to avoid the long walk back at 2am!
I would either valet, or uber to HRH and take a boat over. The walk from the lobby to the boat is short, and the boats run frequently, so it's super convenient. Or, you could walk the path (If your check in is at the globe, this might actually be the shorter option!)

We're going to the meetup too :) We stay at one of the premier resorts when we go just to avoid the long walk back at 2am!
I would either valet, or uber to HRH and take a boat over. The walk from the lobby to the boat is short, and the boats run frequently, so it's super convenient. Or, you could walk the path (If your check in is at the globe, this might actually be the shorter option!)

Yes, it would be shorter to just walk it. Not only you have to wait for the boat (whether it's running frequently, or not), but OP could be dropped off at the far side closest to Universal in the HRH parking lot and walk to the Universal gate in about the same distance from the boat drop off in City Walk to walking to Universal's gate. It isn't much of a difference, but to take the boat you'd have to add the distance from boat drop off to the gate, time of getting a complimentary wheelchair (if possible) and walking through the lobby to the boat and waiting. I personally only take the boat if I want a scenic route, but I do want to also say to the OP isn't as if it takes forever to do the boat. It's just if we're thinking of the shortest possible route / walking less it would be just walking rather than taking the boat.

Thank you all. I have definitely decided on Uber/Lyft (not sure of the difference) to HRH - and then decide from there.

Thank you all. I have definitely decided on Uber/Lyft (not sure of the difference) to HRH - and then decide from there.
Many ride share drivers drive for both so from an experience stand point you won’t really notice much. Corporate culture has improved at uber but we use Lyft out of habit now. I would probably set up both apps and take advantage of new rider discounts and choose whoever is cheapest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter