Closing Time!!

What happens next are the five stages of Resale (Part I).

1-Denial - "But I passed ROFR two weeks ago, surely the title company is not just sitting on it."
2-Anger - "OK, it's been three weeks and no one has told me anything. Every time I reach out they friggin' tell me I'm still within my contractual closing time. I hate these people!"
3-Bargaining - "Maybe if I email the broker kindly to ask why the title company hasn't processed my closing documents, they'll be on my side through this!"
4-Depression - "I'm never going to close on this God-forsaken resale contract. I should've bought at CCV direct."
5-Acceptance - "I GOT MY CLOSING DOCS TODAY! WOO HOO!"

And then comes the five stages of Resale (Part II), when you wait for the seller to send back closing docs or the title company to file with the Orange County Comptroller's Office and notify Disney. Rinse and repeat, replacing "ROFR" with "CLOSING" and "CLOSING" with "POINTS."

ALL. OF. THIS.

Only 48 days from offer to closing. It seemed to take much longer than that, especially with an addendum in the middle. DVC Resale Market and Magic Vacations Title company were excellent and very professional. Kept us updated every step of the way so I didn’t feel like I needed to keep contacting them for updates.

Boardwalk Villas
270 points/April UY
DVC Resale Market
Magic Vacations Title

Offer made and accepted: 8/30
Documents rec'd and returned: 8/31
Sent to ROFR: 9/1
DVC requested an addendum to the original paperwork because the contract number was incorrect: 9/6
Addendum signed and returned: 9/7
Passed ROFR: 9/15
Closing docs rec'd: 10/9
Seller’s closing docs received by title co: 10/13
Buyer’s closing docs received: 10/16
Closed: 10/18
Deed Recorded: 10/18
Documents rec'd by Disney:
Welcome letter received:

Sounds like you might have been routed to Member Services. I would call back and ask if I reached Member Administration. All you should need is the contract number and sellers' names.
Congratulations!!

Thank you! I called back and they gave me our club id and we were able to register. I'm so excited!

Slowly but surely getting there!

Home: AKV
Offer made and accepted: 9/21
Sent to ROFR: 9/22
Passed ROFR: 10/4
Closing docs received: 10/20
Closing docs sent back: 10/20
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Offer: 8/15
Offer accepted: 8/15
Sent to ROFR: 8/23
Passed ROFR: 9/5
Closing docs received: 9/27
Closing docs sent back: 9/28
Closed: 10/12
Deed recorded:10/12
Obtained DVC Number: 10/20
Points in account:10/20

That's a wrap!! We are completely done and booked for June at our home AKV Kadani Village!!

I had a pleasent surprise when I logged back in our account. Points were loaded and I went ahead and booked out June trip!!

Offer made: 08/30
Offer accepted: 08/30
Sent to ROFR: 09/06
Passed ROFR: 09/14
Closing docs received: 10/16
Seller’s closing docs received by title co: 10/20
Buyer’s closing docs received:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

After being away all week was able to send back the closing doc's & final cheque today. I checked the tracking numbers and see the seller's doc's have already been delivered to the First American. Fingers crossed that the next step moves faster than the last!

Offer made: 08/30
Offer accepted: 08/30
Sent to ROFR: 09/06
Passed ROFR: 09/14
Closing docs received: 10/16
Seller’s closing docs received by title co: 10/20
Buyer’s closing docs received:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

After being away all week was able to send back the closing doc's & final cheque today. I checked the tracking numbers and see the seller's doc's have already been delivered to the First American. Fingers crossed that the next step moves faster than the last!
How did you get the tracking for the seller's docs? We are currently waiting on our seller to return theirs as well, it has been 3 weeks!

How did you get the tracking for the seller's docs? We are currently waiting on our seller to return theirs as well, it has been 3 weeks!

Depends on your broker, my broker told me today he will inform me as soon as the sellers docs are sent in.

Wanted to share our timeline. Had a great experience! Very excited!!

OKW (E)
230 points/Oct UY
Buy and Sell DVC
Duncan Title & Escrow

Offer made and accepted: 8/12
Documents rec'd and returned: 8/13
Sent to ROFR: 8/14
Passed ROFR: 8/28
Closing docs rec'd by me: 9/25
Signed closing docs received by title co from both parties: 9/28
Deed Recorded: 10/9
I called and got info for login (points were loaded): 10/20
Welcome letter received: not yet

Final timeline for my AKV add-on purchase (same use year/member number):

Offer/Acceptance - 9/5
Sent for ROFR - 9/6
Passed - 9/14
Closing docs received - 10/4
Returned - 10/5
Deed recorded - 10/13
Contract visible/points loaded - 10/23

48 days from offer to usable points. Not bad at all.

Final timeline for my PVB direct add-on purchase:

Called sales number and was assigned a guide - 10/20
Points loaded and available - 10/20

This was my first direct purchase after 3 resales and wow what a difference. It didn't even feel right/real.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter