Closing Time!!

It’s now been 2 weeks since passing ROFR with the contract I’m selling...and...nothing! Thanks First American. You really know how to take forever. I’ve never dealt with them and only heard bad things. Apparently, it’s true how long they take. :(

It’s now been 2 weeks since passing ROFR with the contract I’m selling...and...nothing! Thanks First American. You really know how to take forever. I’ve never dealt with them and only heard bad things. Apparently, it’s true how long they take. :(

They were awesome a year ago - they are struggling now...I sent Email after email after Email...

They were awesome a year ago - they are struggling now...I sent Email after email after Email...

I don’t even know who my closing agent is. I’ve literally had no communication from them whatsoever. I can’t even call or email to see what the deal is.

Final timeline for my PVB add-on purchase (same use year/member number):

Broker: DVC Resale Market

Closer: Magic Vacation Title

Offer/Acceptance - 6/15
Sent for ROFR - 6/20
Passed - 7/23
Closing docs received - 7/31
Returned - 8/1
Deed recorded - 8/10
Contract visible - 8/15
Points available - 8/16

I don’t even know who my closing agent is. I’ve literally had no communication from them whatsoever. I can’t even call or email to see what the deal is.
Our experience last year was pretty good, except you really did have to stay on them to know what was going on. I'd contact your agent with the resale company and get the name of someone to contact at First American.

Home: BLT
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer Made: 6/18/2018
Offer Accepted: 6/19/2018
Sent to ROFR: 6/21/2018
Passed ROFR: 7/6/2018
Closing docs received: 7/19/2018
Closing docs returned: 8/6/2018 (Our fault on the delay)
Seller returned closing docs: Unknown (International Seller)
Closing:8/14/2018
Deed recorded:8/15/2018
Contract visible: 8/20/2018
Points in my account: 8/21/2018
Vacation booked: 8/21/2018

Whew!

Home: Aulani
Broker: Fidelity
Title Company: Timeshare Title, Inc.
Offer Made/Accepted: 8/24/18
Contracts Received: 7/25/18
Sent To ROFR: 7/26/18
Passed ROFR: 8/14/18
Closing Docs Received: 8/22/18
Closing Docs Returned-Buyer: *8/24/18
Closing Docs Returned-Seller: 9/7/18
Closing:
Deed Recorded:9/10/18
Contract Visible:
Points In My Account:
Next Aulani Vacation: May 2019

*Had to get closing docs notarized

Last edited:

Home: Boardwalk
Title Company: First American
Offer Made/Accepted: 7/17/18
Closing Docs "sent to closing:" 8/15/18
Closing Docs Received:
Closing Docs Returned:
Closing:
Points In My Account:

So... I'm really wishing I'd read more on here about First American before just letting Fidelity send things along. Those of you that have dealt with Fidelity and First American, do you recommend that I call or email our agent at Fidelity to get contact info for someone at the FA? We emailed a few days ago asking what the timeline would be, and Fidelity agent emailed back that the process takes 60-90 days total, we're probably 4-5 weeks out from finalizing closing, and we should "be on the lookout" for documents from First American. I'm getting impatient.

Home: Boardwalk
Offer Made/Accepted: 7/17/18
Closing Docs "sent to closing:" 8/15/18
Closing Docs Received:
Closing Docs Returned:
Closing:
Points In My Account:

So... I'm really wishing I'd read more on here about First American before just letting Fidelity send things along. Those of you that have dealt with Fidelity and First American, do you recommend that I call or email our agent at Fidelity to get contact info for someone at the FA? We emailed a few days ago asking what the timeline would be, and Fidelity agent emailed back that the process takes 60-90 days total, we're probably 4-5 weeks out from finalizing closing, and we should "be on the lookout" for documents from First American. I'm getting impatient.

It took 2.5 weeks for us to get the closing docs after passing ROFR.

Home: SSR
Broker: DVCResaleMarket
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer Made/Accepted: 7/20/18
Passed ROFR: 8/13/18
Closing Docs Received:
Closing Docs Returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract visible:
Points in my account:
Vacation booked:

We know we're just getting close to the normal period to hear back, but all of this waiting takes a toll!

Very happy to have made it to estoppel!

Home: AKV
Offer Made: 8/2/2018
Offer Accepted: 8/2/2018
Sent to ROFR: 8/6/2018
Passed ROFR: 8/23/2018
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Edit: We've cancelled this contract as it did not have all points as advertised.

Last edited:
Home: BLT
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer Made: 7/9/2018
Offer Accepted: 7/9/2018
Sent to ROFR: 7/12/2018
Passed ROFR: 8/13/2018
Closing docs received: 8/20/2018
Closing docs returned: 8/23/2018 (I was travelling)
Seller returned closing docs: 8/23/2018 (or earlier)
Closing: 8/24/2018
Deed recorded:
Contract visible:
Points in my account:

Moving over here as we start our next wait! Based on reports of First American here (+ having an international seller), we might be in for a long one. I would love to get my points by early October, but I am not too optimistic.

Home: PVB
Offer Made: 8/4/18
Offer Accepted: 8/4/18
Sent to ROFR: 8/8/18
Passed ROFR: 8/22/18
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Home: VGF
Broker: DVCResaleMarket
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer Made/Accepted: 8/3/18
Sent to ROFR: 8/8/18
Passed ROFR: 8/22/18
Closing Docs Received:
Closing Docs Returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

As I wait for my closing docs from First American, I have realized I don't actually know what I am waiting for. For those of you who have been through this, did you hear something from First American by email first, just receive the closing docs, or how did they contact you?

I received an introduction email from First American 7 days after passing ROFR. Closing documents was received (by email) 12 days later.

I just finished selling with them as the title agency. I didn’t receive anything and actually called two weeks after passing ROFR to figure out who my title agent was as well as to ask about when to expect the documents. I liked our agent very much, but the process was painfully slow! It took almost a week to close after they received everything from the buyers and us the same day. I’ll put in the timeline this evening when I have a chance to look over all of the dates.

I'm the seller this time!!!

Home: BWV
Contract Listed: 6/30/18
Offer Accepted: 7/5/18
Sent to ROFR: 7/11/18
Passed ROFR: 8/1/18
Closing docs received: 8/17/18 (received in the afternoon on a Friday)
Closing docs returned: 8/21/18
Buyer returned closing docs: 8/21/18
Closing: 8/27/18 (this seemed too long to me)
Check in hand: 8/28/18 (it is being sent overnight to us)

The buyers in this case were just as ready to get this thing done as I was. The delays were done by Disney, Fidelity, and First American. It took just under 2 months from start to close for me, but the buyers are looking at another 2(ish) weeks until they get their points. It will have taken 2.5 months start to finish for them. While I thought it took way too long at the title company both to get the closing docs and to close once they had everything, our title agent was delightful. Despite the slow pace, I liked her a lot. She never failed to get back to me about the timeline when asked.

Home: SSR
Broker: The Timeshare Store
Title Co: Mason Title and Escrow
Offer Made: 7/20/18
Offer Accepted: 7/20/18
Sent to ROFR: 7/24/18
Closing Docs Received: 8/23/18
Closing Docs Returned: 8/24/18
Seller Sent Closing Docs: 8/24/18
Closed: 8/27/18 (my birthday :bday:)
Deed Recorded: 8/28/18
Membership # Received: ?
Points in Acct: ?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!