Closing Time!!

@Sleepy425 Glad all is well or at least if it has to be redone they will take care of it for you. I hadn’t seen Mason listed in the various threads here too often so I had some original concerns but they certainly handled my transaction quickly and with no issues.
I had questioned TSS about their closing company, because the one they used in 2014 wasn't good at all and we had issues with our first contract. They assured me that they understood my concerns with the prior title company, and they stopped using them due to so many complaints. Jerry from TSS told me that so far people have been very happy with Mason, and I can see why. They are definitely on their game. (I was going to use a friend who works at a title company if they told me they were still using the same company as 2014, no way I wanted to give that place any more of my money)

For those who have experience stalking the Orange County Comptroller website how many days from the time you closed until you actually saw it on the website? I have seen many entries here where it was just a day or two. I closed on the 19th and didn't see anything yesterday or today. I even did a generic search for any resale and didn't see anything that closed after the 17th this week?

For those who have experience stalking the Orange County Comptroller website how many days from the time you closed until you actually saw it on the website? I have seen many entries here where it was just a day or two. I closed on the 19th and didn't see anything yesterday or today. I even did a generic search for any resale and didn't see anything that closed after the 17th this week?
I closed on Monday and it was listed there Tuesday. It depends on how quickly your title company files the paperwork.

Last edited:
Are you sure you are searching correctly? Mine showed up on the website Tuesday the 18th. We closed Monday.

Are you sure you are searching correctly? Mine showed up on the website Tuesday the 18th. We closed Monday.
I believe so. *** is my title company. The last deed filed I see from them is on the 18th. Looks like I will have to wait and see if I see something next Wednesday now.

Update:
Final Update-

Home: BWV
Broker:The Timeshare Store
Title Company: Mason
Offer Made: 11/7/18
Offer Accepted: 11/7/18
Sent to ROFR: 11/10/18
Passed ROFR: 12/5/18
Closing Docs Received: 12/11/18
Closing Docs Returned: 12/15/18
Seller Returned Closing Docs: 12/11/18
Closing: 12/17/18
Deed Recorded: 12/18/18
Contract Visible:12/22/18
Points In My Account: 12/22/18

I called MS yesterday and explained how amazing it would be if my points were in my account in time for the 11 month booking window for our 2019 Thanksgiving trip and they transferred me to member administration. I explained it to them and told them it would be an awesome Christmas gift if they would be their in time for the 25th...and I just checked and they are there!!!!:tink:

Oh and just FYI sleepy425, I noticed after you mentioned you were worried about your contracts not being deeded the same way because of the survivorship difference that ours was different as well. Our 3 direct contracts were one way and this resale was different. Good news ...the new contract is in our account and under the same membership as the others!

Oh and just FYI sleepy425, I noticed after you mentioned you were worried about your contracts not being deeded the same way because of the survivorship difference that ours was different as well. Our 3 direct contracts were one way and this resale was different. Good news ...the new contract is in our account and under the same membership as the others!
Nothing yet. Maybe tomorrow, I think I read they are working a partial day tomorrow. I hope you get the reservation you want for Thanksgiving!

Sleepy425 and Jack_Sparrow_ NJ...did you guys get your points today? I was shocked when I check tonight and they were there!!! So excited!
Good luck to you guys!!
I am new to DVC so I don't have my membership number yet. I am going to call member administration in the morning to see if I have been setup

I am new to DVC so I don't have my membership number yet. I am going to call member administration in the morning to see if I have been setup
Still not set up in my account. I don't even need the points right now, but it's just addicting checking for them.

Final Update

Home: VGF
Broker: The Timeshare Store
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 11/9/18
Offer accepted: 11/9/18
Sent to ROFR: 11/14/18
Passed ROFR: 12/5/18
Closing docs received:12/12/18
Closing docs returned:12/14/18
Seller returned closing docs: 12/14/18
Closing: 12/17/18
Deed recorded: 12/18/18
Points in my account: 12/24/18

From start to finish in 45 days

First DVC booking July 2019

Home: BWV
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 10/4
Offer accepted: 10/6
Sent to ROFR: 10/11
Passed ROFR: 11/2
Closing docs received: 11/30
Closing docs returned: 12/3
Seller returned closing docs: ?
Closing: 12/19
Deed recorded: ???
Points in my account: ???

Still have not seen my deed get recorded. I emailed *** yesterday and got a reply due to the Holidays and being short staffed in the closing dept. they are working hard to get all the deeds recorded.

Update:
Home: SSR
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 10/23/18
Offer accepted: 10/23/18
Sent to ROFR: 10/24/18
Passed ROFR: 11/16/18
Closing docs received:12/3/18
Closing docs returned:12/11/18
Closing: 12/13/18
Deed recorded: 12/14/18
Contract Visible: 12/27/18
Points in my account: TBD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter