Home: AKV
Broker: DVC Sales (Timeshare Store).
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 4/30/19
Offer accepted: 4/30/19
Sent to ROFR: 5/1/19
Passed ROFR: 5/15/19
Closing docs received: 5/16/19
Closing docs returned:5/21/19(Fedex International arrived with Broker: 31/5/19)
Funds sent:5/23/19
Seller returned closing docs: 5/29/19 (maybe before informed they had these).
Closing: 6/25/19 (Planned Closing). 5/31/19
Deed recorded on OC site: ? 6/1/19
Received Onetime Activation Code: ?
Received Welcome Letter: ?
Contract Visible on member site: ?
Points in my account: ?

Had my email today from Mason Title to say I've closed and everything's now been sent to Disney to complete. Was only planned to close on the 6/25. So far from offer to close 32 days.

DVC Store and Mason Title have been great.

Last edited:
UPDATE!
Home: PVB
Broker: Fidelity
Offer made: 4/17/19
Offer accepted: 4/17/19
Sent to ROFR: 4/25/19
Passed ROFR: 5/14/19
Closing docs received: 5/14/19
Closing docs returned: 5/16/19
Money wired: 5/17/19
Closing: 5/21/19
Contract Visible on member site: 5/31/19
Points in my account: ??
Welcome letter received: ??

UPDATE!
Sent to ROFR: 4/25/19
Passed ROFR: 5/14/19
Closing docs returned: 5/16/19
Money wired: 5/17/19
Closing: 5/21/19
Contract Visible on member site: 5/31/19
Points in my account: ??
Welcome letter received: ??
I owe you! Our Poly contract in ROFR is identical to yours, in size and banked points, except ours is Feb UY. I used your price per point as my offer point, they were asking $165pp, I offered $145 like yours and held firm. They finally agreed and we are 12 days in on ROFR. Hoping the Poly passing trend continues!

I owe you! Our Poly contract in ROFR is identical to yours, in size and banked points, except ours is Feb UY. I used your price per point as my offer point, they were asking $165pp, I offered $145 like yours and held firm. They finally agreed and we are 12 days in on ROFR. Hoping the Poly passing trend continues!
Yay for you! Glad to be a help! We were actually looking for a Feb and I gave up when I saw a great Oct. We already own both of those UY. Hope to see you around the Poly pool as fellow owners someday! :)

Finally done!

Home: AKV
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 3/16/19
Offer accepted: 3/17/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/19/19
Passed ROFR: 3/29/19
Closing docs received:4/5/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 4/10/19
Seller’s closing docs returned: 5/2/19 (Or earlier that was when I learned through email)
Closing: 5/14/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 5/15/19
Contract Visible on member site: 5/24/19 (Member Admin confirmed when the registration email went out the account was active)
Points in my account: 6/4/19
Member letter received: 5/31/19

Thanks everyone for all the info in this thread

Broker: Resales DVC
Title company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 5/5/19
Offer accepted: 5/5/19
Sent to ROFR: 5/5/19
Passed ROFR: 5/21/19
Closing docs received: 5/28/19
Buyers closing docs returned: 5/30/19
Funds Sent: 5/30/19
Sellers closing docs returned: 6/3/2019
Closing: 6/4/2019
Deed on site: 6/5/2019
Welcome letter: ???
Contract visible on member site: ???
Points in account: ???

So as a new DVC member, am I correct that my next step is to wait for a letter in the mail that will have my account number..then I call with that number to set up my online account and can book my first trip?

Title company: Jeffrey Sweet
how has your experience been with using this closing company? I feel like i have been pulling teeth to get updates. Our closing date is tomorrow and all i could get for information yesterday is that we "should" be closing on Friday -- either we are or we aren't. I can't understand the uncertainty in the response we got. It should be pretty black and white -- either the paperwork is all set and in order or it isn't.

Last edited:

how has your experience been with using this closing company? I feel like i have been pulling teeth to get updates. Our closing date is tomorrow and all i could get for information yesterday is that we "should" be closing on Friday -- either we are or we aren't. I can understand the uncertainty in the response we got. It should be pretty black and white -- either the paperwork is all set and in order or it isn't.

Hmm, that's strange. They have been excellent with us in answering questions. I would maybe contact your broker for an update.

Hmm, that's strange. They have been excellent with us in answering questions. I would maybe contact your broker for an update.
I did reach out to the broker and they were going to reach out to the sellers. I think everything is on track, I guess we will find out tomorrow. If the closing has to be extended I wonder if there is additional paperwork to be signed in order to agree with an extension of the closing?

Thankfully we don't need to use the points until August, but it is such a tough waiting game.

Just an update -- we seem to be moving at a snails pace. But I guess everything is going as planned
Home: Poly
Broker: DVC by Resale
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Sent to ROFR: 4/20/19
Passed ROFR: 5/8/19
Closing docs returned:5/15/19
Funds sent:5/15/19
Seller signed closing docs: ? 5/29/19
Closing: 6/6/19
Deed recorded on OC site: ?
Received Onetime Activation Code:?

So as a new DVC member, am I correct that my next step is to wait for a letter in the mail that will have my account number..then I call with that number to set up my online account and can book my first trip?
Hi, yes. You’ll get a letter with your member number and should get an email with an activation code (for some reason I never got an email though). You call Member Administration (option 2) and they’ll give you a club ID and help you set up your account. I actually called before our letter arrived (about 2 weeks after closing) because I was wondering about the process, and the CM gave me everything over the phone. She said my account was created in the system the week before (about 8 days after closing). Two days after I called, our letter arrived. :)

Congrats and welcome, btw!

When you are a current owner closing on a resale with the same UY (different resort) should i just eventually be able to see the new resort on my account online? I'm guessing i will still get some sort of letter in the mail but i would imagine there is no real activation. How long before it should appear online?

When you are a current owner closing on a resale with the same UY (different resort) should i just eventually be able to see the new resort on my account online? I'm guessing i will still get some sort of letter in the mail but i would imagine there is no real activation. How long before it should appear online?
The contract will first appear in your online account with no points loaded about 2-3 weeks after the deed is recorded. Don’t panic when you see this. It takes another 3-5 days for another CM to load the points.

And yes, you still get a welcome letter with your current membership number.

Home: BCV
Broker: DVCStore (The Timeshare Store)
Title Company: Mason Title and Escrow
Offer made: 4/22/19
Offer accepted: 4/22/19
Sent to ROFR: 4/27/19 (delay due to MY travel schedule)
Passed ROFR: 5/22/19
Closing docs received: 5/24/19
Closing docs returned:5/27/19
Funds sent: 5/25/19 (wire)
Seller returned closing docs: 5/31/19
Closing: 6/5/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 6/6/19
Received Onetime Activation Code: TBD
Contract Visible on member site: TBD
Points in my account: TBD

As with the purchase and subsequent sale of my previous DVC contract The Timeshare Store was excellent, and FAST!!! And Marcelo at Mason Title has Super Speed powers!

Last edited:
Will update as process goes on— hopefully quickly

Broker: DVC resale market
Title Company: Mason title
Offer made: 5/16/19
Offer accepted: 5/16/19
Sent to ROFR: 5/17/19
Passed ROFR: 6/4/19
Closing docs received: 6/5/19
Closing docs returned: 6/7/19 ( mailed out)
Funds sent: 6/7/19
Seller signed closing docs: ?
Closing: ?

Someone in Member Administration must be working Sundays. My new contract was not in my account this morning but it's there this afternoon! Still no points loaded, but I'm one step closer!

Home: BWV
Offer made: 4/23/19
Offer accepted: 4/23/19
Sent to ROFR: 4/23/19
Passed ROFR: 5/13/19
Closing docs returned:5/22/19
Funds sent:5/22/19
Seller returned closing docs: ?
Closing: 5/24/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 5/24/19
Contract Visible on member site: 6/09/19

Someone in Member Administration must be working Sundays. My new contract was not in my account this morning but it's there this afternoon! Still no points loaded, but I'm one step closer!

Home: BWV
Offer made: 4/23/19
Offer accepted: 4/23/19
Sent to ROFR: 4/23/19
Passed ROFR: 5/13/19
Closing docs returned:5/22/19
Funds sent:5/22/19
Seller returned closing docs: ?
Closing: 5/24/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 5/24/19
Contract Visible on member site: 6/09/19
Our contract showed up on a Sunday at the end of April. I’m fairly sure someone works on this type of stuff over the weekends on a regular basis. Our points showed up about 6 days later, on a Saturday I believe. You are almost there!

Home resort: SS
Title: First American

Offer- 3/11
Offer accepted-3/12
Contracts received-3/14
Sent-3/14
Sellers sent-3/24
Sent to ROFR-3/25
Passed ROFR-4/5
Closing docs received-4/22
Sent closing docs-4/23
Buyers closing docs sent-5/13
Closed-5/17
Recorded on comptroller-5/20
Contract appeared-5/30
Welcome letter received(already a member)-6/7
Points loaded-6/9

Hoping to see my contract on the OCC today. We closed Thursday (6/6), but it still isn't showing up yet. Seems weird as most of what i see reported here is that it shows up same day or by the next day. I'll keep checking!

Broker: DVC by Resale
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Sent to ROFR: 4/20/19
Passed ROFR: 5/8/19
Closing docs returned:5/15/19
Funds sent:5/15/19
Seller signed closing docs: ? 5/29/19
Closing: 6/6/19

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter