Closing Time!!

If the seller had requested delayed closing , then that is suppose to be stated at start of process. I am really surprised at that May date because wasn't your contract signed in early February?
Yuup - Seller Accepted offer on 2/11.
I was just about to update this QUEST of mine :)
(Like you, I turned my documents around, and submitted payment same day)
Almost a month passed between offer acceptance and ROFR
A full month passed from ROFR to receiving closing documents.
At this rate, getting points by June to use for a January 2021 reservation, might be nip-tuck. :scratchin

Home: Saratoga Springs Resort
Title Company: First American (Listed through Fidelity)
Offer made: 02/09/2020
Offer accepted: 02/11/2020
Sent to ROFR: 02/20/2020
Passed ROFR: 03/06/2020
Closing docs received: 04/06/2020
Closing docs returned: 04/06/2020

Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Member Numbers: (Already Members - SSR - Same Use Year) :)
Account showing new contract:
Points in my account:

Update, almost there!

Home: Bay Lake Tower
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Broker: Fidelity
Offer Made: 2/17/20
Offer Accepted: 2/18/20
Sent to ROFR: 2/24/20
Passed ROFR: 3/18/20
Closing docs received: 3/24/20
Closing docs returned: 3/24/20
Seller returned closing docs: 3/25/20
Deed recorded: 3/26/20
Contract Showing on Membership: 4/7/20
Points in account:

Update, almost there!

Home: Bay Lake Tower
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Broker: Fidelity
Offer Made: 2/17/20
Offer Accepted: 2/18/20
Sent to ROFR: 2/24/20
Passed ROFR: 3/18/20
Closing docs received: 3/24/20
Closing docs returned: 3/24/20
Seller returned closing docs: 3/25/20
Contract Showing on Membership: 4/7/20
Points in account:
Congratulations! This makes me hopeful ours will show up in our account soon. Our deed was recorded the same day.

UPDATED: Closing documents received & returned. Waiting on seller...

Home: Animal Kingdom Villas
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title*
Offer made: 02/24/2020
Offer accepted: 02/28/2020
Sent to ROFR: 03/09/2020 (Seller didn't return docs till 3/8)
Passed ROFR: 03/25/2020
Closing docs received: 04/06/2020
Closing docs returned: 04/07/2020
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

*Magic Vacation Title charged a $45 fee for a credit card payment for the down payment. They ALSO charged me a $20 fee for a wire transfer. This in addition to closing costs. 😕

I had always used Mason Title in the past, and they never charged me an additional fee for either. DVC Resale Market said that I’d still be charged a fee if I had used Mason Title with them, so I don’t know if this means that DVC Store, Fidelity, and DVC Magic Resales always ate the fee or if Mason did, but just FYI.

UPDATE

Home: Poly
Title Company: first am
Offer Made: 2/4/20
Offer Accepted: 2/5/20
Sent to ROFR: 02/13/20
Passed ROFR: 03/02/20
Closing docs received: 03/13/20
Closing docs returned: 03/18/20
Seller returned closing docs: ?
Closing: 03/24/20
Member Numbers: 4/7/20
Points in my account: 4/7/20 (called and got points as i'm trying to book at home resort in december and the 7 month window is coming up)

YAAAAY!

Last edited:

UPDATE

Points in my account:

Getting there!
Does that mean your contract is showing up in your account? We are still waiting for ours.

This is my first contract so hang with me.
I got an activation code in my email and called MA to get my member ID so that I could get my club ID to log in
Oh ok. Yes. Your contract will probably be in your account when you are able to set up your log in. It just won’t have points yet. That’s how it worked for us when we bought our last/first contract (last month lol). I have been SUPER paranoid that this new contract won’t match up with our member number for some reason. I was paranoid about it the whole way through so it concerns me that it hasn’t shown up yet. We paid too much for it to match it to our use year 😬 so I don’t want it to be for nothing. Ironically, I thought this one would be quicker and easier than the last since we are existing members now but then the world turned upside down! Congratulations on your contract! I hope the points come quickly for you!

Oh ok. Yes. Your contract will probably be in your account when you are able to set up your log in. It just won’t have points yet. That’s how it worked for us when we bought our last/first contract (last month lol). I have been SUPER paranoid that this new contract won’t match up with our member number for some reason. I was paranoid about it the whole way through so it concerns me that it hasn’t shown up yet. We paid too much for it to match it to our use year 😬 so I don’t want it to be for nothing. Ironically, I thought this one would be quicker and easier than the last since we are existing members now but then the world turned upside down! Congratulations on your contract! I hope the points come quickly for you!
thank you! I actually just updated it! I called and asked them if they could load and they did! I was super grateful! I am trying to book my Welcome Home trip in December and the 7 month window is coming up and i'm already having to waitlist for part of it so they pushed them through for me!

thank you! I actually just updated it! I called and asked them if they could load and they did! I was super grateful! I am trying to book my Welcome Home trip in December and the 7 month window is coming up and i'm already having to waitlist for part of it so they pushed them through for me!
That’s awesome! I must always get the most rigid cast members. I was trying to do the same and they wouldn’t budge for me yesterday. Told me to basically wait my turn. Congrats again.

That’s awesome! I must always get the most rigid cast members. I was trying to do the same and they wouldn’t budge for me yesterday. Told me to basically wait my turn. Congrats again.
well MA told me they couldn't help me when she gave me the Member ID and that i'd have to wait so I called MS and he was more than willing to try to help!

UPDATE

Points in my account: 4/7/20 (called and got points as i'm trying to book at home resort in december and the 7 month window is coming up)

YAAAAY!
What the **** did you do to get closing documents from First American in 11 days. I had offer accepted 2/7 but did not pass ROFR until 3/6 and it took First American until 4/6 to send closing documents. Who was broker? Maybe some of delay with FA is because of broker used.

Well I got my email from Disney. Yay! If only they would send the paperwork so I can actually dig into things. But for lack of something more specific I am calling the day I received that as the day of Deed recorded.

Home: Boardwalk Villas
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer Made: 02/18/20
Offer Accepted: 02/18/20 (Incidentally much quicker than I anticipated.)
Sent to ROFR: 02/19/20
Passed ROFR: 03/06/20
Closing docs returned: 03/13/20
Closing: 03/24
Deed recorded: 04/06
Member Numbers:
Points in my account:

Well I got my email from Disney. Yay! If only they would send the paperwork so I can actually dig into things. But for lack of something more specific I am calling the day I received that as the day of Deed recorded.

Home: Boardwalk Villas
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer Made: 02/18/20
Offer Accepted: 02/18/20 (Incidentally much quicker than I anticipated.)
Sent to ROFR: 02/19/20
Passed ROFR: 03/06/20
Closing docs returned: 03/13/20
Closing: 03/24
Deed recorded: 04/06
Member Numbers:
Points in my account:
As quick as this was moving, closing was probably 3/25 or 26. DVC had to receive info from closing and then would send letter
You can look on Orange County Comptroller site to see date of closing or ask Mason Title. I am surprised Mason did not notify you of closing date.

What the **** did you do to get closing documents from First American in 11 days. I had offer accepted 2/7 but did not pass ROFR until 3/6 and it took First American until 4/6 to send closing documents. Who was broker? Maybe some of delay with FA is because of broker used.
You mean the actual person at FA? Alice and Michael were the 2 I dealt with. I will say he was great with questions. She barely answered my emails lol

Your situation is not normal waiting a month to get closing docs.

You mean the actual person at FA? Alice and Michael were the 2 I dealt with. I will say he was great with questions. She barely answered my emails lol
badeacon and I have had parallel track with FATC*. I think he wants to know which Resale Broker did you use, to see if that's a possible variable in this equation.
Our process has been MUCH slower. Our Broker was Fidelity Resales.
* I've been communicating with Alice at FATC, and she has been very prompt to respond by phone & by email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter