Closing Time!!

FWIW if you are paying for closing you get to choose your closing attorney. The fees for Jeffrey Sweet were a few bucks more than First American, but I bought through Fidelity and selected Jeffrey Sweet and everything went very smoothly.
That is great advice, just about 4 weeks too late for me :earboy2:
I will remember this for the future, should/when add-on-itis strike again:goodvibes
ET:darth:

So excited to be able to finally post this!!!
Home: SSR
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 01/29/20
Offer accepted: 01/29/20
Sent to ROFR: 01/31/2020
Passed ROFR: 02/18/20
Closing docs received: 2/26/20
Closing docs returned: 2/27/20
Seller returned closing docs: 3/10/20
Closing: 3/12/20
Deed recorded: 3/18/2020
Contract Showing on Membership: 4/2/2020
Points in account: 4/9/2020

We have an extended closing too. Maybe 6+ weeks out 4/29 My situation is a bit crazy I paid a premium due to 2018 points. Sent my documents back with check on 3/20. But the poor seller is stuck in Australia and cannot get an appointment for a notory at a conciliate as he cannot get home. Was hoping to use or rent those points but with virus likely not gettin value and the seller may not get his document back in time. Not sure how this plays out. And who knows when resorts will open and to what capacity

We have an extended closing too. Maybe 6+ weeks out 4/29 My situation is a bit crazy I paid a premium due to 2018 points. Sent my documents back with check on 3/20. But the poor seller is stuck in Australia and cannot get an appointment for a notory at a conciliate as he cannot get home. Was hoping to use or rent those points but with virus likely not gettin value and the seller may not get his document back in time. Not sure how this plays out. And who knows when resorts will open and to what capacity
You can see if there is any other US notaries there outside the consulate. I think that will be fine as well.

CONGRATS! WOW-71 Days Total from Offer Made to Points in account.
I'm on Day 61 from "Offer Made", and we're waiting for "Seller returned closing docs" - I see it took your seller 12 days. It's been 4 days waiting for me so far.
I don't understand why this wouldn't be one of the quicker steps?? If I were the seller, I'd be doing everything to get to closing as fast as I could. ???? :confused3
At the rate mine is progressing, I will be lucky to see points in my account by June, and I need them there in June for a January 2021 reservation!

I don't understand why this wouldn't be one of the quicker steps?? If I were the seller, I'd be doing everything to get to closing as fast as I could. ???? :confused3
At the rate mine is progressing, I will be lucky to see points in my account by June, and I need them there in June for a January 2021 reservation!

I'm so with you on this! I returned closing documents on Monday and am still waiting for the seller to return their documents. I need my points in May for an April 2021 reservation.

It wouldn't have bothered me half so much if I didn't need them OR if I hadn't made my payment -- I'm wondering if I buy again if I should see if I can hold off on making final payment until the seller returns their documents, because right now I could at least be earning interest on that money.

Home: PVB
Broker: Buy and Sell DVC
Title Company: TRCS
Offer made: 02/21/2020
Offer accepted: 02/21/2020
Sent to ROFR: 02/21/2020
Passed ROFR: 03/11/2020
Closing docs received: 03/20/2020
Closing docs returned: 03/26/2020
Funds sent: 03/26/2020
Seller returned closing docs: 03/26/2020
Closing: 03/26/2020
Deed recorded on OC site: 03/26/2020
Contract Visible on member site: 04/10/2020
Welcome Home Letter: Existing members
Points in my account:

Update: contract visible today! We only had to make 3 phone calls and beg for it today to get it. They are now quoting 2 weeks for points so I guess we’ll see.

Congrats. Sounds like your journey was pretty similar to ours. We had our offer accepted on January 23 and just got points in our account on the 8th. It seemed like things slowed down at every step of the process right when we started buying. Slow ROFR, slow estoppel, slow membership activation. At least points in the account have sped up some. They told me 3-4 weeks last week when I activated my account.

Home: BLT
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 02/29/2020
Offer accepted: 02/29/2020
Sent to ROFR: 03/04/2020
Passed ROFR: 03/24/2020
Closing docs received: 03/25/2020
Closing docs returned: 03/25/2020
Seller returned closing doc: ?
Funds received: 04/09/2020 (bank lost our wire transfer, so had to resend it)
Closing: 04/10/2020
Deed recorded:
Member Numbers:
Account showing new contract:
Points in my account:

anyone know how/where to check when the deed gets recorded?

Deed recorded:
Member Numbers:
Points in my account:

Congrats accm - you're getting closer !
When/where do you plan to use these (& How many Points) ??
ET :darth:

Congrats accm - you're getting closer !
When/where do you plan to use these (& How many Points) ??
ET :darth:

Thanks! Everything had been going so fast until my bank messed up. Hopefully I get the points soon.
We’ll be spending a week in a studio at BLT at the end of January for my son’s first birthday! I think we need 122 points, so will be borrowing some from 2021 UY

Deed recorded:
Member Numbers:
Points in my account:

Orange County Comptroller site

Broker: The DVC Store
Offer Made: 3/11
Offer Accepted: 3/11
ROFR Sent: 3/12
ROFR Passed: 4/1
Closing Documents Received: 4/9
Closing Documents Sent: 4/11
Funds Sent: 4/11 (Cashiers Check)
Seller Sent Closing Documents:
Closing:
Deed Recorded:
Member Number:
Account showing contract:
Points loaded:

So excited to be able to send our stuff in! I know that this is a scary time to be doing this (decided to do this and started everything right before everything happened), but wouldn’t of changed our minds for a second! Our kids are excited to plan our first trip and so are we!

Just want to share my contracts. Add-on-itis is real. I keep looking for contracts to see if prices will drop.

BLT- Fidelity took 1 week to submit to ROFR. Seller delayed paperwork on both contract and closing. Surprisingly, no delay from First American from what I read on the DVC forums
AUL - Still waiting, ugh. This contract could not close until late March, but why is the seller delaying the closing docs? I would think you want your money ASAP. At least, this is stripped contract, so not getting any points for 2020.
SSR - Just a fun one to add. You get points immediately.

Just want to share my contracts. Add-on-itis is real. I keep looking for contracts to see if prices will drop.

BLT- Fidelity took 1 week to submit to ROFR. Seller delayed paperwork on both contract and closing. Surprisingly, no delay from First American from what I read on the DVC forums
AUL - Still waiting, ugh. This contract could not close until late March, but why is the seller delaying the closing docs? I would think you want your money ASAP. At least, this is stripped contract, so not getting any points for 2020.
SSR - Just a fun one to add. You get points immediately.

View attachment 487210
Thanks for the table-
May I ask how many points you have at each Resort & Total??

Thanks for the table-
May I ask how many points you have at each Resort & Total??

I did SSR at the 100 minimum to get the membership benefits. The BLT and AUL are in the 100-150 range. Plenty of points to bank/borrow to meet my vacation needs and a choice in both Florida and Hawaii! I hope we can get the vaccine soon to actually go on vacation. :-)

I did SSR at the 100 minimum to get the membership benefits. The BLT and AUL are in the 100-150 range. Plenty of points to bank/borrow to meet my vacation needs and a choice in both Florida and Hawaii! I hope we can get the vaccine soon to actually go on vacation. :-)

We’re similar! We bought a 168-point BRV resale contract, then added on direct (127) for benefits. We did resale first to find the right contract as it would be easier to match UY.

Since then we’ve added on 3 contracts at AKL - 120, 50, and 80 points respectively. All resale. We’re still getting the last one closed out, as the sellers still haven’t returned closing documents.

I thought I was done till Reflections comes out but so long as our financial situation remains okay, I may look to see what becomes available if resale prices drop...

We’re similar! We bought a 168-point BRV resale contract, then added on direct (127) for benefits. We did resale first to find the right contract as it would be easier to match UY.

Since then we’ve added on 3 contracts at AKL - 120, 50, and 80 points respectively. All resale. We’re still getting the last one closed out, as the sellers still haven’t returned closing documents.

I thought I was done till Reflections comes out but so long as our financial situation remains okay, I may look to see what becomes available if resale prices drop...
Cool Beans - 545 Total, if I did that math correctly ! :goodvibes
With our recent add-on we're up to 475. That gets us the entire month of January + in a SSR-STU-Preferred View

Cool Beans - 545 Total, if I did that math correctly ! :goodvibes
With our recent add-on we're up to 475. That gets us the entire month of January + in a SSR-STU-Preferred View

correct! And very nice yourself! Right now our goal is to be able to do 2-3 weeks a year in 1 or 2 bedrooms. But long term we wanted enough to do at least a month in a studio in the winter once kids are out of college, presuming I either keep a job that continues to allow remote work and/or retire. :-). But that’s some time yet!

I mean the real dream would be 3 months in winter. But I neither could afford those MFs nor the cost of food to be in Disney that long with a full kitchen to cook. :-)

Deed recorded: 04/13/2020
Member Number:
Points in my account:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!