Offer made: 8/9/2020
Offer accepted: 8/9/2020
Sent to ROFR: 8/11/2020
Passed ROFR: 9/14/2020
Closing docs received: 9/22/2020
Closing docs returned: 9/22/2020
Sellers closing docs returned: ?
Closing: 10/09/2020
Deed Recorded: 10/9/2020? (this is the date sent)
Contract showing on Membership: ...
Points in account: ...

So from what I've read, I will receive an email from Disney first (I supplied my email in the closing documents) and then my points will show up at some point. I don't currently have a DVC contract. Is this correct?

Almost done on my last two contracts this year... They both loaded onto my membership 13 days after the deed was recorded! Better than my BCV last month which loaded at 3+ weeks I think.

Home: BLT
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 07/19/2020
Offer accepted: 07/19/2020
Sent to ROFR: 07/22/2020
Passed ROFR: 09/01/2020 (42 days)
Estoppel:
Closing docs received: 09/08/2020
Closing docs returned: 09/09/2020
Seller returned closing docs: 10/02/2020
Closing: 10/05/2020
Deed recorded: 10/06/2020
Contract Showing on Membership: 10/19/2020
Points in account:

Home: CCV
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 07/31/2020
Offer accepted: 08/01/2020
Sent to ROFR: 08/04/2020
Passed ROFR: 09/11/2020 (39 days)
Estoppel:
Closing docs received: 09/22/2020
Closing docs returned: 09/22/2020
Seller returned closing docs: 10/06/2020
Closing: 10/07/2020
Deed recorded: 10/07/2020
Contract Showing on Membership: 10/20/20
Points in account:

So from what I've read, I will receive an email from Disney first (I supplied my email in the closing documents) and then my points will show up at some point. I don't currently have a DVC contract. Is this correct?

Correct. I closed on 10/6 and just got my two emails today with the information I needed to activate my account.

Our nearly 3 month odyssey has finally come to an end! Our points are finally in our account today:}

Home : SSR
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 7/27/20
Offer accepted: 7/28/20
Sent to ROFR: 7/31/20
Passed ROFR: 9/10/20
Closing docs received: 9/20/20
Closing docs returned: 9/21/20
Seller returned closing docs: ?
Closing: 9/25/20
Deed recorded: 9/26/20
Membership created with contract: 10/14/20
Points in account: 10/20/20

Just a little heads up not sure if it was just lucky but I got my account emails last Friday and called yesterday (Monday) to see about my points being loaded. I mentioned I was trying to use my points for a welcome home booking and the Member service lady I spoke with was super nice and loaded my points while I was on the phone with her. :mickeyjum

Just a little heads up not sure if it was just lucky but I got my account emails last Friday and called yesterday (Monday) to see about my points being loaded. I mentioned I was trying to use my points for a welcome home booking and the Member service lady I spoke with was super nice and loaded my points while I was on the phone with her. :mickeyjum

Did you know that resale buyers don’t get welcome home bookings? They will Sometimes do the call, but they will not find you a room that can’t be booked by others like they will with direct buyers,

Just don’t want you to be disappointed.

Did you know that resale buyers don’t get welcome home bookings? They will Sometimes do the call, but they will not find you a room that can’t be booked by others like they will with direct buyers,

No I know us as resale members don’t get an actual Welcome Home stay with those booking advantages I just meant our first stay on our new points I should of said that.

We checked the weblink the was provided further up the thread and can see that our deed was recorded on 10/08/20, so with that in mind I can see a few others ahead that have their contracts showing on their membership. I’m brand new so will it take longer for me?
What exactly am I waiting on now? An email from Disney??

We checked the weblink the was provided further up the thread and can see that our deed was recorded on 10/08/20, so with that in mind I can see a few others ahead that have their contracts showing on their membership. I’m brand new so will it take longer for me?
What exactly am I waiting on now? An email from Disney??

Yes, they will email you when the load the contract. Once it’s loaded, they say it takes 7 to 10 days to get MS to load the points,

If you are trying to get a reservation booked quickly, once you see the contract, give it a few days and if points are not there, call. And see if they can speed the process

We bought direct and tried to book something for May on our welcome home call. VGF is unavailable for these stays as a policy. They couldn’t find anything at BCV, BWV, or RIV standard studio. They finally got us into RIV preferred studio, with help from someone else, but there were cash available rooms for both BCV and BWV that we couldn’t get on points.

There might be some pixie dust, but it’s not in unlimited supply. We were generally disappointed in the options, given we had an impression of a one time use of being able to get into places that generally would require a home ownership.

Not sure then. I know Aulani takes longer. They have been pretty chronological since I have been paying attention over the last few months.
I got a response from MA. We bought resale to try to take advantage of existing member summer incentives but it became clear that we were not going to beat the clock and bought direct as a new member. We spread out payments on the Disney Visa so we haven’t closed on direct yet. As a result, they can’t add resale points to our membership as it would create a second membership.

We bought direct and tried to book something for May on our welcome home call. VGF is unavailable for these stays as a policy. They couldn’t find anything at BCV, BWV, or RIV standard studio. They finally got us into RIV preferred studio, with help from someone else, but there were cash available rooms for both BCV and BWV that we couldn’t get on points.

There might be some pixie dust, but it’s not in unlimited supply. We were generally disappointed in the options, given we had an impression of a one time use of being able to get into places that generally would require a home ownership.

That is sometimes the impression people have and unfortunately for sold out resorts, it doesn’t work that way because if current owners have booked, then they can’t give you something already booked, And, they can never break the home resort rule either,

Typically, what they can do is get you what they did...a room at RIV that may be sold out to owners because they pull it from their own inventory.

I did the same. Points loaded within 15 mins.......

That is sometimes the impression people have and unfortunately for sold out resorts, it doesn’t work that way because if current owners have booked, then they can’t give you something already booked, And, they can never break the home resort rule either,

Typically, what they can do is get you what they did...a room at RIV that may be sold out to owners because they pull it from their own inventory.
We were 7 months out (exactly - not a coincidence) so the home resort rule wouldn’t be broken. The other resorts had cash rooms available (checked right before the call) and the preferred studio at RIV was available on the reservation portal so they effectively had no pixie dust to share.

I finally decided to move my info to this thread. First time buyer :wave2:

Note: International Seller!

Home: Saratoga Springs
Broker: www.fidelityresales.com
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 8/22/2020
Offer accepted: 8/22/2020
Sent to ROFR: 8/27/2020
Passed ROFR: 9/24/2020
Closing docs received: 10/6/2020
Closing docs returned: 10/7/2020
Seller returned closing docs: 10/20/2020
Closing: 10/20/2020
Deed recorded: 10/21/2020
Membership created with contract: ?
Points in account: ?

I’m so close! Can’t wait to receive my membership info and points so I can book my first trip!

We were 7 months out (exactly - not a coincidence) so the home resort rule wouldn’t be broken. The other resorts had cash rooms available (checked right before the call) and the preferred studio at RIV was available on the reservation portal so they effectively had no pixie dust to share.
Those cash rooms are not DVC points inventory so they can’t use those because that far out they were rooms most likely sent because someone traded points for things like a cruise, etc.

I got a response from MA. We bought resale to try to take advantage of existing member summer incentives but it became clear that we were not going to beat the clock and bought direct as a new member. We spread out payments on the Disney Visa so we haven’t closed on direct yet. As a result, they can’t add resale points to our membership as it would create a second membership.
Does this mean that your resale points won't be added until after you close on the direct one? We're in a similar boat--we closed on a resale contract last week and at the same time bought direct as a new member. We're also spreading out payments for the direct on Disney visa so we're not expecting to close on that one until December. We had our broker send our new membership number (which we got immediately from the direct contract) to DVC with our resale paperwork.

Does this mean that your resale points won't be added until after you close on the direct one? We're in a similar boat--we closed on a resale contract last week and at the same time bought direct as a new member. We're also spreading out payments for the direct on Disney visa so we're not expecting to close on that one until December. We had our broker send our new membership number (which we got immediately from the direct contract) to DVC with our resale paperwork.

If you already have your membership number, they should be able to add the resale contract to it regardless of whether you have officially closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter